Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Collecting Goals

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2022 Collecting Goals

It's that time of the year

* Upcoming SK book proof
    * Upcoming SK UK proof
    * Upcoming SK manuscript
    * Pet Sematary US proof 1st state
    * At least 1 of the 20 1st fiction appearances' magazines/newspapers I'm missing
    * At least 3 of the 26 magazines I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
    * The two 1st fiction appearances' books I'm missing.
    * At least 2 of the 22 promo items I'm after.
    * At least 1 more book signed by King of the 42 I'm missing.
    * At least 1 S/L KING book of the 10 I'm missing.
    * At least 1 S/L non-King book that has his signature out of the 26 I'm missing.
    * At least 1 of the four annuary books I'm missing.
    * At least 1 of the two Kingdom Hospital Scripts written by King I'm missing.
    * At least 2 of the 27 books I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
    * At least 1 of the 154 newspapers I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.

Grail list:

* The Regulators - Lettered edition
    * A copy of The Drum newspaper with a King piece in it.
    * One of the three Comics Review fanzine with a part of I was a teenage grave robber.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just want to get a couple of the rare lettered I’m missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Which letter are you looking for?

I will happily write A in one of my books for you
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

I’m looking for at least one of these for my collection:

S/L - 11/22/63
    S/L - Salem’s Lot
    S/L - Firestarter
    S/L - From a Buick 8

And my white whale would be a S/L Misery.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Maybe some S\L that are in my wheel house and some signed firsts. Early ed if possible. We shall
    see. This year ended up being pretty good, for me.

Traveler kardiackids will become famous soon enough kardiackids will become famous soon enough

Default 2022 Collecting Goals

2022 collecting goals (in no specific order)

Roadwork US first
    The Gunslinger S/L
    The Regulators S/L (with a really cool check)
    Salem's Lot S/L
    Dolan's Cadillac S/L
    Six Stories S/L
    Carrie US and UK firsts
    Salem's Lot US First - 2nd state
    Night Shift UK first
    Any flat-signed Doubleday or early Viking firsts

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Eyes of the Dragon Red number inscribed
    Christine grants sl numbered
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Special Projects Manager mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DT Jae Lee Remarque
    DT S/L #321
    Francois Vaillancourt remarque
    As many other remarques as I can find

Grail
    DT Whelan Remarque
    ISO:
    - LSOE AE Remarque
    - Signed Everything's Eventual US 1st
    - Other Dark Tower Remarques

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I need to clear 2021 before I get to 2022. I guess I have a few more weeks to get there...

Shaq -- I might be able to help you. Take a look at the EOTD red signature thread here. I have 141, 145, and 174. Can't sell 174 b/c it matches mt Plant set but the other two might be up for sale if either appeal to you. Details are shown in the auction information embedded in that thread.

More to follow regarding 2022.

John

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    I need to clear 2021 before I get to 2022. I guess I have a few more weeks to get there...

Shaq -- I might be able to help you. Take a look at the EOTD red signature thread here. I have 141, 145, and 174. Can't sell 171 b/c it matches mt Plant set but the other two might be up for sale if either appeal to you. Details are shown in the auction information embedded in that thread.

More to follow regarding 2022.

John
    Oh wow, that's a lot of red numbers. I most certainly will take a look.

Cheers
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am going to add a few slipcases but otherwise not expecting to add much new in 2022.

Gunslinger Apprentice mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick's Avatar

Numbered Misery
    Matching DT Set
    Inscribed 1st Carrie
    Numbered Green Mile

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

My 2022 goals begin with good health, as always, while delaying the inevitable sacral ulcer surgery I need until the winter of 2023. Except for the first three bullets below, the goals are random. Here goes:

> Randall Flagg regaining good health (and keeping it) and leading this site back to its best days!
    > Do a much better job at staying in touch with fellow collectors from this site
    > Be a contributor on the site...enough said
    > Marsh Roots
    > 40 anthologies -- 1st editions, S/N editions, and lettered (deluxe) editions
    > Sell all duplicate proofs and use the proceeds to purchase another 60 proofs (currently at 178 proofs including duplicates)
    > UK Night Shift proof
    > Compile a personal spreadsheet of all collectible King magazine articles and book reviews
    > 60 magazines -- includes completing the men's magazine section
    > Another Doubleday proof
    > UK Carrie 1st in NF/NF or better condition
    > Complete the UK purple variants
    > Complete my US and UK proof section from 2005 to present
    > Add a few manuscripts
    > Buy back or trade for at least 3 proofs sold in my 2015 Betts sale
    > F/F 1st US Different Seasons

I think this is another lucky 13 SK-related. Hoping for the best on my list and wishing all here the best in 2022!

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My 2022 goals begin with good health, as always, while delaying the inevitable sacral ulcer surgery I need until the winter of 2023. Except for the first three bullets below, the goals are random. Here goes:

> Randall Flagg regaining good health (and keeping it) and leading this site back to its best days!

John

Not to cry wolf, but given my health condition(s), medical expenses and the actual costs to keep the site running, I'm not sure the site can continue to exist.

Even a fundraiser will now generate a 1099K and be a potential tax liability. I just recently had to spend $550 on a server switch. Hosting costs for the site are over $100 a month, domain fees, and misc. expenses add to the total.
    Traffic is down, and few members are willing to donate (everyone expects the 'net to be free).

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ah shit. This is pretty much the very last I one come to every day, and I would hate to see it gone
    Please let us know if one day you decide you can't go forward with it
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

John

Not to cry wolf, but given my health condition(s), medical expenses and the actual costs to keep the site running, I'm not sure the site can continue to exist.

Even a fundraiser will now generate a 1099K and be a potential tax liability. I just recently had to spend $550 on a server switch. Hosting costs for the site are over $100 a month, domain fees, and misc. expenses add to the total.
    Traffic is down, and few members are willing to donate (everyone expects the 'net to be free).
    Jerome,

Obviously, your health is the main concern in this case. If you can't make this work because of your health, then everyone would understand.

However, if money and a 1099K is an issue, then I would hazard a guess that there are a lot of us who would be able to find a way to overcome any financing obstacles. And I'm not just talking about donations, per se. There are still enough creative minds to make this work if your health permits.

There were more than 900 people online when I was here yesterday. At least 20% of them were in Calvin's Corner. The traffic may be down; but it doesn't have to stay down. This site is a library and not just an open-market flea market for booksellers and SK flippers. You have way more in your camp to keep this site running (health permitting) than you may think.

I'm glad you made your post. It puts everyone on notice that this free resource is in jeopardy. As I said on a different thread, you're a strong man. I hope you regain complete health along with the desire to maintain this site as you've done for at least the last 15 years. My two cents...

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still looking into the tax implications for a fundraiser. It appears that if I did the fundraiser using the Paypal widget that PP will take their standard cut. It's unclear, but likely they would also issue a 1099K. Thus taxes would be due for the total raised.

Less clear is if I simply posted an email address and all PP money donated was done as Friends and Family, whether that would generate a 1099K,

If someone out their knows and could clarify, it would be helpful.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I have been on this site for about 10 years now and it is my favorite on the whole internet. I'd be really sad to see it go. The content and comradery are really special.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I like to try each year and get the 19th post in this thread

I haven't done a goals thread for a handful of years but decided to do one now. (see above)

for 2022

1. I want to concentrate more on reading books instead of mainly focus on acquiring them

2. I want to get back to buying Stephen King books and Art. For the past handful of years there has been an explosion of interest and sales (and price increases) in the collectible book market. Like a kid in the proverbial candy store I have been eating it up. Buying buying buying. One particular expense in this period has been Suntup. The buying frenzy which has coalesced around the imprint (and its ambitious publishing schedule) has challenged me financially especially when wedded to the trying financial times of the pandemic and losing work. I want to get back to my roots and get closer to the joy of collecting I felt when I was buying Stephen King stuff willy nilly off of this site and Betts. That is not to say I wont still buy Small Press Books. I just want to be able to spread my expendable income more evenly to more wants than keeping it tied up in one direction.

3. As far as specifics, I'd like to start working on a Double Day 1st set in the best condition I can afford. I plan on doing this through Betts, because, well, in the trying times of the pandemic David has been very good to me. Goal for 2022 is to acquire one of them which will be fun to try and do because with Betts now, stuff sells so quickly its almost like the old school calling into the radio station to win concert tickets!

4. Long term / sell everything you can get yer hands on Goal is to acquire a Matching number Dark Tower set.

5. Last but not least. I REALLY want a Hand painted Rachel Readman Constant Reader statue. If anyone has one that they would sell me at a not exorbitant price, I promise I will give it a loving home. I really miss Rachel, her contributions, & art work. I'm glad I have been able to get my hands on as many pieces as I have. If anyone has ANY Readman stuff they would like to move on from, please kindly give me a pm.

6. Ok I'll add one more: For those who don't know, I have amassed quite a collection of remarques. One goal is for me to finally photograph them all and make a post in a My Collection thread. This goal is especially important to me if the site is in danger of continued existence. I'd also be interested in acquiring any remarque you might be willing to sell. Especially if they are by Whelan or Dameron.

7. I would like to acquire some more Dolso Cases. as he is the casemaker OG, I'd like to add some more of his work to my collection. Please, kindly send me a pm if you have a Dolso case you would like to move on from.

8. I'd like to meet Dave McKean in person and get him to remarque me a copy of W&G. Who knows when he will be back to a show in the US, but it could happen. If not this year, then possibly down the road.

9. I have been working on organizing and cataloguing my collection. This pays off in a simple pleasure and I want to continue enjoying the simple happiness of working on stuff that I like. Plus it helps my collection not look like a Mad Scientist's Laboratory or a Book Sellers Warehouse

10. Write more this year. I can do it... but will I?

11. Post some Shelfies

12. I have always wanted to make a post in this thread with 18 goals and then put as the 19th item "Get post 19 in this thread" but i can never really think of 18 goals. who knows, perhaps will add goals as the year progresses.

13. Holy Grail: Whelan Knowing Darkness Piece.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm still looking into the tax implications for a fundraiser. It appears that if I did the fundraiser using the Paypal widget that PP will take their standard cut. It's unclear, but likely they would also issue a 1099K. Thus taxes would be due for the total raised.

Less clear is if I simply posted an email address and all PP money donated was done as Friends and Family, whether that would generate a 1099K,

If someone out their knows and could clarify, it would be helpful.
    Starting for 2022, Paypal issues a 1099K for $600 or more in Goods & Services transactions in a calendar year. Previously it was $20K and 200+ G&S transactions.

Friends & Family transactions do not generate a 1099K.

PayPal Newsroom: New U.S. Tax Reporting Requirements

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Does the PP donation widget generate a 1099K?

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I only see mention of money sent as a gift excluded but cannot find anything specific about donations. When I look into donations on the PayPal site it is specific for registered non-profits and the process around setting it up for donations. You can call them since it depends on your account and the business it is for.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No not if they are sent in the form of friends and family option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

So, I use the widget and pay PayPal their fees, and then pay income tax on the "donations", or try the F and F?

In the past the widget was far more successful than trying to post an email for F and F.
    The widget appeared atop every page, versus a thread with an email address.

Folks, I really need your help.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Although not an official charity, the site is non-profit, and takes time, Energy, and money.
    Given my current issues, I don't have an excess of those requirements.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast