Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower College Bowl Mania!

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Dark Tower College Bowl Mania!

Updated link for the 2023 contest below - get in the game!!!! In an effort to recycle this thread through the coming years (and save our fine archive folks some work) this will be the general thread for this and subsequent Bowl Mania contests.

https://fantasy.espn.com/games/colle...d-1ab2fba087a4

Bowls will be announced Sunday afternoon/evening.

Mode: Confidence (make sure you select this mode!)
    Password: roland

Get in the GAME!!!!!!

Last year's trophy - RUBE is the defending champ!
    Last edited by NeedfulKings; 12-02-2023 at 04:10 PM.

Gunslinger Apprentice BedOfRoses will become famous soon enough BedOfRoses's Avatar

I'm in!
    The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'll try it for the first time!
    I couldn't get it to register me last year, but this year no problems. That's a good sign, eh?
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Trying again...
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Took three tries to get my picks saved but I think I’m in!
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Geez. 44 games? Is this an everybody gets a trophy for college kids mentality?
    A bowl game at Fenway Park? For real? One at Yankee Stadium? The Famous Idaho Potato Bowl? A Mayo Bowl?
    My favorite must be the Taxslayer Bowl.

Still rolling on the floor.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    I don't see your entry in the Palaver Gunslinger area. Are you sure you're in? If so, under what name?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Geez. 44 games? Is this an everybody gets a trophy for college kids mentality?
    A bowl game at Fenway Park? For real? One at Yankee Stadium? The Famous Idaho Potato Bowl? A Mayo Bowl?
    My favorite must be the Taxslayer Bowl.

Still rolling on the floor.
    So true! Not a fan of the new-look Bowl Mania site either. Gettin' too old.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ok; I'm signed in! Will make picks later.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    I don't see your entry in the Palaver Gunslinger area. Are you sure you're in? If so, under what name?
    I think it’s under Tony67hunting
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    I think it’s under Tony67hunting
    Got it. Blaine from the Pigskin contest. Variety is the fruit of life! Good luck, mate!

Country
    Country Flag

9 - Nine. Only nine players so far. That's a 1 in 9 chance of winning. Why not join and make it 1 in 10 - still great odds!!!

GET
    In
    THE
    GAME!

First Bowl game is Friday MORNING!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

With all new players every 4-5 years, how the hell do you folks keep track of college ball?
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    With all new players every 4-5 years, how the hell do you folks keep track of college ball?
    I don't. This contest is pretty random to me, but it makes it a lot more fun watching the games!

Country
    Country Flag

What I don't get is this stuff - "Quarterback Sean Clifford announced on Friday that he will return to Penn State for a sixth year.

Due to the complications presented by COVID-19 during the 2020 fall season, the NCAA granted an extra year of eligibility to all fall athletes. That allows Clifford to return to Penn State for a second redshirt senior season."

A sixth year? Why do they even allow fifth years?

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A "redshirt" year means a year you didn't play. Or only played under a de minimus amount of snaps. That way, a developing scrub doesn't lose an entire year just by taking a few snaps in garbage time. So that accounts for "five years" of eligibility: one year on the bench and four years playing.

The NCAA is generally crediting the "COVID" year as a redshirt year for everyone. It was such a weird situation that a number of players who never would have played under normal circumstances got playing time and, more importantly, a number of would be stars might have played past the de minimus amount to count against their eligibility time, but then COVID (or COVID protocols) benched them for basically most of a season, no fault of themselves. Allowing that to be considered a redshirt year was seemed as a fair deal for those players.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, ok. I guess I kinda see that sitting out a year playing. Sort of. And I guess Covid is a good excuse for an extra year since most schools didn't have in person attendance.

But at some point don't they have to graduate. I mean six years? The guy should have a Master's.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You can continue to play after you graduate if you still have eligibility left. If fact, before the transfer portal that is how a lot of players would get to transfer. They would graduate and then "need" to get their masters elsewhere. That is how Russell Wilson went from NC State to Wisconsin.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It appears that I have a "lock" on last place this year!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

So, they just reset the numbering system because of the cancelled games?

I can't remember but I'm pretty sure I hade a 44 point game that is now worth 40 points?

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, as games are canceled they shift the point values down. So if you had a game as 19 points but the game you valued as 18 gets canceled, your 19 becomes 18. We are down 4 so far so there were 44 but it only goes to 40 now.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Yes, as games are canceled they shift the point values down. So if you had a game as 19 points but the game you valued as 18 gets canceled, your 19 becomes 18. We are down 4 so far so there were 44 but it only goes to 40 now.

"Marty DiBergi: Why don’t you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
    Nigel Tufnel: (pause) These go to eleven."
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Go Ole Miss
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast