Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Dark Tower College Bowl Mania!

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Same for me…. Every year I play this I realize how much I don’t know about college football
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Had a good bowl day today.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Had a good bowl day today.
    I haven't been able to say that a lot this season! Good job - contest aside, I hope my Oregon State team puts it to the Irish today!

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have had three awful days of picks. Some I am mad at myself for changing my pick before submitting. Others I am mad at the team for blowing a lead. I think I will just cheer for who I want to win instead of who I picked from here on. Maybe that will be less nerve-wracking.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Last night's Cotton Bowl was unwatchable. The first half had more punts than first downs.

In other games...Most of FSU's suit-up players have quit the team. Georgia could win by 50 if it wants to.

31 players on Texas A&M quit the team before their bowl game.

I'm pretty sick and tired of commentators calling it "opt-out." Call it for what it really is: "Quit the team."

Nothing says "good team player" than someone quitting before the season is over. /s

You quit on your team in college, who's to say you won't quit on your team in pro? Eliminated from the playoff hunt? "Nah, coach, I'll just "opt out" for the rest of the season..."

Ok; rant over. I'm a huge college football fan and it just pisses me off to see bowl games relegated to glorified spring practice scrimmages because players quit.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Most of FSU's suit-up players have quit the team. Georgia could win by 50 if it wants to.
    I meant 60. My bad.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Agree 100%. It definitely affects the games and how I pick. I moved the Georgia-FSU game to max confidence. Whether FSU got screwed or not, it shows what the team really was when it came to playing for the team. Georgia is the caliber they are because they get the team concept for the most part. Hopefully they fix the transfer time to after the bowls this coming season. That would help some.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone curious as to whom I am picking to win the CFP?
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone curious as to whom I am picking to win the CFP?
    I think we can guess.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

With all of the options for players (not just Seniors) to change schools, prep for NFL, etc., it does create a watered down bowl system. Maybe the championship games will be less affected - and when they expand next year, maybe more games will be tolerable. Me? I'll just use a blindfold/dartboard method of picking winners next time.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Sadly I have Michigan as winner, thought I had Washington. Go Huskies anyway.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Well, Garrell - regardless of who you picked:

Congratulations on the win, Garrell!!!!

This is Garrell's 2nd Bowl Mania victory (2021).

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Garrell!

I assumed you would have Michigan so I swapped to Washington to try to catch up. That didn't work so well.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks was fun and so happy to win my favorite contest we do. My 2nd one (March Madness) is around the corner.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks was fun and so happy to win my favorite contest we do. My 2nd one (March Madness) is around the corner.
    Congrats. This is my favorite contest as well. Always a bunch of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Congratulations Garrell!

I assumed you would have Michigan so I swapped to Washington to try to catch up. That didn't work so well.
    I don't follow Big-10 all that much, and the Pac-12 might as well be on Mars as far as I'm concerned. I picked Washington b/c I figured passing offense would win out. I had no idea that all Michigan had to do is run off-tackle and pick up 30, 40, 50 yards at a time. It seems the concept of "tackling" is completely foreign to the Huskies.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

My son-in-law is a U. Mich. grad from a family of Michigan supporters. He was at the Rose Bowl this year with his parents (that was quite a game). His father and brother were in Houston last night for the final game. They're all quite happy with the outcome, needless to say.

Gunslinger Apprentice BedOfRoses will become famous soon enough BedOfRoses's Avatar

Congrats, Garrell! That was an exciting end to this year's contest!
    The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BedOfRoses View Post
    I know, right? The trophies for this contest are awesome. Kudos to Needful Kings for hosting this and providing the trophies each time. That's not cheap.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BedOfRoses View Post
    I know, right? The trophies for this contest are awesome. Kudos to Needful Kings for hosting this and providing the trophies each time. That's not cheap.
    Yep. Thank you so much!
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone! And a special acknowledgement to Bev for visiting the thread. I have to admit we kinda geeked out to see him post.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Thanks everyone! And a special acknowledgement to Bev for visiting the thread. I have to admit we kinda geeked out to see him post.
    It's not something I'm generally interested in, but my son-in-law was terribly invested in the outcome. I was glad to see Michigan pull it off in the Rose Bowl, especially when things looked so dire late in the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4