• Wolves of the Calla

1 2.44%
  • Song of Susannah

3 7.32%
  • The Dark Tower

22 53.66%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Which Book has the Best Art Work? ***Big Spoilers!!!***

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post

This is my favorite, followed by the one called A Haze of Green and Gold and the one with Walter.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Gunslinger Apprentice Samanthita is on a distinguished road

Song of Susannah.
    I prefer weird, dark artwork. I loved every piece in this book, but this one might be my favorite if I had to pick one.

I liked The Wastelands artwork a lot as well.
    I've said this already, but I really dislike WAG.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samanthita View Post
    Song of Susannah.
    I prefer weird, dark artwork. I loved every piece in this book, but this one might be my favorite if I had to pick one.

I liked The Wastelands artwork a lot as well.
    I've said this already, but I really dislike WAG.
    Yeah! My second favorite artwork in the series... THAT is some dark, bizarre stuff. I especially like that one, and Jey (hawk taheen) and Black 13.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Erin - along with the cover of DT7, that pic of Los is prob the best pic in the series. i also love this one, particularly Oy...

When I hadn't read DT7 yet I thought it's a girl... and shame on me now that I have read it I still see a girl in this pic. I simply cannot see Jake.

Roland would have understood.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thank you John for all those links!

though now I wish I had never seen W&G pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Other than the cover art for DT7, this one is my favorite:

yes, mine too, I think

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

favorite book?
    definitely michael whelan's work so it's a tie, DTI or DTVII.

i think this is my alltime favorite:

and i think this is from little sisters of eluria (which i haven't read but should) - it's been my desktop background for months and i've always loved it:

(sorry that's so big)

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Erin - along with the cover of DT7, that pic of Los is prob the best pic in the series. i also love this one, particularly Oy...

When I hadn't read DT7 yet I thought it's a girl... and shame on me now that I have read it I still see a girl in this pic. I simply cannot see Jake.
    That sure looks like brown hair to me...

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    That sure looks like brown hair to me...
    or a reddish-blonde and dirty from his adventures to that point.

Country
    Country Flag

Sure man, if you say so.

Dirty blonde or light brown.

Country
    Country Flag

I call it: artistic license.
    I never saw his hair color that way or read it that way either. Now, it is closer than Bernie's interpretation for sure, as well as Dameron's but to totally rip on them for not making Jake's hair color blonde.....going a little overboard.
    Granted I do agree that Whelan seems to be the only artist that is clearly a fan of the series and has actually read the books.

Can I rip on them for my own pleasure?

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, of course!

Fucking Bernie and his dumbass!

Why on Earth he chose to go with Bernie Wrightson for the Wolves artwork is beyond me... They should have gone with the artist for the regular paperback edition. Now THAT was some good artwork.

Country
    Country Flag

Who was that? I've never actually seen the paperback of Wolves before...only the trade pb and hard cover editions. They aren't the same?

No, the artwork is quite good. I'll see if I can find a good picture...

Country
    Country Flag

Is that normal to have a different artist for the paperback editions? Are all the rest that way too?

Yeah

Country
    Country Flag

Damn. I knew there was another reason I wanted The Books in HD, Trade PB and paperback forms!

Do the paperbacks all have pictures/paintings? Or just minor chapter-type drawings?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHH

Sorry!!!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

OMG!

::dies laughing::

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Damn. I knew there was another reason I wanted The Books in HD, Trade PB and paperback forms!

Do the paperbacks all have pictures/paintings? Or just minor chapter-type drawings?
    They have most pictures in them.

Gunslinger Apprentice aurora is on a distinguished road aurora's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fav book, deff DT7 but just as equally DT3. Fav image, hmm well the one to inspire me to break from a huge personal project I have been chugging on for along time and start my Road to the Dark Tower series was the image of Jake in front of the Keystone Lot Rose. I'm a particle freak that does a ton of scientific viz (astro-physics related so that image just sucked me in long and hard to wanting to create my own vision of the Lot Rose.)
    Most disappointed work, DT4 fav book but not happy with most of the work from it. However we happily have the comic series to make up for it!!!

John F. Kennedy Truth is on a distinguished road Truth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

in my opinion this is the collest picture of the series
    -The Cake is A LIE-
    -And Thats The Truth-

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast