Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Christmas Watch-a-thon 2021 (Bring Your Own Cookies)

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All right. Listen up, guys...

'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, except...

The four assholes coming in the rear in standard two-by-two cover formation.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Bob Clark is in both Black Christmas and A Christmas Story

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

One I just discovered last night. Christine Baranski who played Martha May Whovier in How The Grinch Stole Christmas was also in A Bad Mom's Christmas.

Funny enough, she plays almost the same type of character in both movies.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    One I just discovered last night. Christine Baranski who played Martha May Whovier in How The Grinch Stole Christmas was also in A Bad Mom's Christmas.

Funny enough, she plays almost the same type of character in both movies.
    She was also in The Ref, a very funny Christmas movie. I really like this one.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Has anyone watched Silent Night yet? Just watched it last night. It wasn't anything like what I was expecting but I did enjoy it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Watched many of the usual:

A Christmas Carol (Disney, Jim Carrey)
    A Christmas Carol (1951, Alastair Sim)
    A Christmas Carol (1938, Reginald Owen)
    The Santa Clause
    The Santa Clause 2
    The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause
    Elf
    Christmas Vacation
    Christmas With The Kranks
    Jingle All The Way
    How The Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim Carrey)
    A Christmas Story
    Arthur Christmas
    The Polar Express
    The Christmas Consultant (The Hoff! Caroline Rhea!)
    It's A Wonderful Life
    Miracle On 34th Street

If we're including TV cartoon specials:

Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol
    Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
    Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
    The Year Without A Santa Claus
    Twas The Night Before Christmas
    Frosty The Snowman
    Frosty's Winter Wonderland (the one with Mrs. Frosty)
    Jack Frost
    Yes, Virginia (the peerless Neil Patrick Harris)
    A Charlie Brown Christmas

Episodes of animated TV shows, but they're like specials to me:

Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation! (45 minutes of greatness; maybe you need to be familiar with P&F to get all of it, but it's great)
    A Phineas and Ferb Family Christmas (standard 15 minute P&F episode, not at the level of the 45-minute one, but fine nevertheless)

On the list but never found time for:

The Man Who Invented Christmas
    A Christmas Carol (1984, George C. Scott)
    A Christmas Carol (1999, Patrick Stewart)
    Deck The Halls (Matthew Broderick, Danny DeVito)
    Frosty's Return (the one with "summer wheeze" and Brian Doyle-Murray; the real reason this didn't make the cut is that my family hates this with a raging passion)

Ones I want to watch but don't own and TV now refuses to run them:

Cranberry Christmas (featuring music from Barry Manilow - he doesn't rate TV? Come on.)
    Eloise At Christmastime (Julie Andrews? Yeah, who is she anyway...)
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Has anyone watched Silent Night yet? Just watched it last night. It wasn't anything like what I was expecting but I did enjoy it.
    It's on my list but I haven't seen it yet.

Also, I didn't see Elf or Christmas with the Kranks air ONCE on TV this season. They usually play them non-stop! Guess I might have to break down and buy them on DVD.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Let me know what you think if you watch it Ricky!

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I did! It wasn’t exactly what I was expecting either, but I thought it was great.

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_pyle View Post
    I did! It wasn’t exactly what I was expecting either, but I thought it was great.
    Glad you enjoyed it! I saw a lot of bad reviews and I think those people were probably expecting a typical horror film. Honestly I'm not sure I would even classify it as horror.

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad you enjoyed it! I saw a lot of bad reviews and I think those people were probably expecting a typical horror film. Honestly I'm not sure I would even classify it as horror.
    Yeah, I agree, it's a hard one to classify. It's probably more dark humor than anything. But I like a wide range of movie types, so as long as it's well made, it's usually not hard to win me over!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Cranberry Christmas (featuring music from Barry Manilow - he doesn't rate TV? Come on.)
    We are getting ready to go through my late mother-in-laws stuff and she LOVED Barry Manilow. I'm betting she has this movie somewhere.

I'd never even heard of it.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Let me know what you think if you watch it Ricky!
    I watched it last night and thought it was really well done. It did a great job seamlessly transitioning from the comedy/party/Christmas elements to the more darker and depressing ones. I don't know why, but I found it really upsetting. I think I just picked the wrong time to watch it. I'm on Day 5 of isolation with COVID and a lot of the elements/moods in the film hit just a little too close to home at this particular moment. (Don't worry, I'm not dying.) I guess that's the mark of a good film when it elicits such a strong emotional response.

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_pyle View Post
    Yeah, I agree, it's a hard one to classify. It's probably more dark humor than anything.
    Yeah, I think dark comedy is a good category.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

It's definitely not a happy feel good movie, that's for sure. For some reason it kinda reminded me of that movie with the red lights (blanking on the name). Not sure why as they were quite different but it almost had a similar feel to it.

And I hope you feel better soon!

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, The Invitation! Is that what you're thinking of? I kind of got Coherence vibes even though the only similarities were friends getting together and bad things happen.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3