Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: The Official 2022 Oscar Discussion/Contest Thread

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Man, I just watched, "House of Gucci"!! What a truly mediocre film. Cant believe it got nominations!!! Wasn't very accurate and the editing was Foccatta!! Acting wasn't much better IMHO. I must be getting old. I can't believe what Hollywood is putting out these days. Funny, but "Marvel" seems to be the only studio putting out anything decent these days. IMHO anyway.

Must be way past me these days. I just don't see the quality at all anymore with most other films.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Man, I just watched, "House of Gucci"!! What a truly mediocre film. Cant believe it got nominations!!! Wasn't very accurate and the editing was Foccatta!! Acting wasn't much better IMHO. I must be getting old. I can't believe what Hollywood is putting out these days. Funny, but "Marvel" seems to be the only studio putting out anything decent these days. IMHO anyway.

Must be way past me these days. I just don't see the quality at all anymore with most other films.
    It's definitely you.

Gucci was just okay, but Gaga was really good in it. In general, there are a lot of studios pumping out a ton of good films. Stuff like Dune, Power of the Dog, Nightmare Alley were fantastic, just to name a few.

If you're talking about mainstream films, then yes, you have a point. Besides Marvel films, there are not a lot of great mainstream films being released.

In regards to studios, A24 might be the best studio when it comes to pumping out quality productions. Unfortunately, the films aren't for everyone and probably won't appeal to you either.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7