Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: StephenKing.com Discussion

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Woo hooooo!!

Whats darktower.com & net all about?

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am looking forward to the new format. I am a member of the Stephenking.com website but rarely go there since I have found Thedarktower.com.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I LOVE the Official Dark Tower site.... What a great job. Its about time too. I'm psyched for the Dark Tower message board theme coming up also.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just took a look and its impressive. Good to see that dt.com is on the links page and dt.net is on it too but says it under construction. Just below them it has dt.com& dt.net under construction which is a bit strange. Didn't stay too long but will take a more detailed look tomorrow.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackrose22 View Post
    Just below them it has dt.com& dt.net under construction
    Its just a mistake.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, I am going to ask about it. Hate to get the two sites confused.

Matthew: It looks like you can change to the new skin anytime you like, its a choice in the bottom left of the forum.

I think its really cool that the communities on both boards can mingle together. Both sites offer so many different things that its easy to see a time when all you will need is these two sites to get everything you could ever want about Stephen King.

I love that.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Yep, I am going to ask about it. Hate to get the two sites confused.

Matthew: It looks like you can change to the new skin anytime you like, its a choice in the bottom left of the forum.

Oooooooooh thanks. I really like it. I just wish it had some Red elements in there too...but VERY nice. This must have all happened right after I logged off three hours ago or so.

I think its really cool that the communities on both boards can mingle together. Both sites offer so many different things that its easy to see a time when all you will need is these two sites to get everything you could ever want about Stephen King.

I love that.
    It is very cool and very exciting. One thing that makes me deeply, deeply happy is that The Dark Tower didn't end with the last book.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Too bad they haven't posted the UK Dark Tower book covers. I love the latest ones (and their re-issue of the first four) that have all the same basic format--The Dark Tower--but as the books progress, the tower on the cover gets larger and larger, until, in book seven, it's looming over the viewer.

John

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Go try it again - it's working for me!

ETA: We are on the links page, but it also says we're under construction.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Since TheDarkTower.Com is always growing you could look at it like that it is under construction...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

True...but saying it's under construction is likely to keep some people from looking, I'd think.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Oh I know..I was just being a smart-ass

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, so you were just being normal, then.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

it works with me under firefox

i am really expecting the project previously announced about DT.. was a flash experience i think...

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We have one link that says we are under construction and one that is normal. I'll see about getting it solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Oh, so you were just being normal, then.

We have one link that says we are under construction and one that is normal. I'll see about getting it solved.
    I say leave it up so those who keep clicking on the link, not getting that they made a mistake never get here. You know, tills the heard a little bit.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hadn't thought of that.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Good idea but I don't want our site associated at all with "under construction" or "dt.net"

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Amen, brother.

Just who is "Under Construction" and why are they associating them with us anyway!?!?!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think there may be an idea that there are sites out there without the "the" on the front.

darktower.com
    darktower.net

Obviously not true but that may have something to do with it. They look like they are classified as different than the "the" variety.

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The "Official" Dark Tower Site

It is a sad day to see that this site could not be reclassed the"Official" Dark Tower site. Heres the link to go check it out but IMO this site has the best people and collectors I have run accross

http://www.stephenking.com/DarkTower/
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The informational pages are pretty slick!

I joined the message board too. Say hello to me if my posts ever show up.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chooch View Post
    It is a sad day to see that this site could not be reclassed the"Official" Dark Tower site. Heres the link to go check it out but IMO this site has the best people and collectors I have run accross

http://www.stephenking.com/DarkTower/
    Thanks Chooch--looks like your thread was merged with the existing one about SK.com's overall facelift.

Up thread there is a bit of conversation about the "official" classification. The Dark Tower portion of Stephen King's site has always been there, it just was recently revamped.

In a search on google for The Dark Tower, that link is always first, no matter what. As it should be.

"Official" in this case just means that it is the one site that Stephen King himself is officially associated with. The man has to be careful about what he puts his name on so it makes total sense that only one Dark Tower site could be official.

However, we are the fastest growing and arguably the most popular un official Dark Tower fan site on the entire internet. Which makes us #2.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Their crossed guns logo looks kind of familiar...
    Heng Dai

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast