Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The did you know? game

Along the Path of the Beam Zalia is on a distinguished road Zalia's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did not know that. Who's going around getting ants drunk?

Did you know the only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is "uncopyrightable"?
    Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

No, but that's very neat.

Did you know that the only "root" word with three connected pairs of letters in English is "bookkeeper"?

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

bangoskank1

i did not

did you know that Micheal Jackson owns the rights to South Carolinas state anthem?

bangoskank1

who the hell is salmon chase?? apparently I did not know that

did you know that the national flower for the U.S. is the rose and was only adopted in 1986?

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

i knew that. i think

did you know the only three animals to kill for no reason what so ever, are the Polar bear, the hippo, and the Human?

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

i knew about the hippo and the human. i did not know about the polar bear. is jean aware of this?

did you know that twelve or more cows are known as a "flink" of cows?

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

i did not know that

did you know that by law it is unlawful to break a law?

did you know that dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors?
    Last edited by The Lady of Shadows; 08-24-2008 at 03:26 PM. Reason: forgot the did you know part. :doh:

why?
    so if one of them gets stabbed, the other can donate blood to save him/her?
    in any case, i did not know that

did you know coca-cola was originally green?

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

No

Did you know that "flying ants" are just the reproductives of a normal ant colony?
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

i did not know that

did you know the sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing their hands in jelly?

Gunslinger Apprentice VastOne is on a distinguished road VastOne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did know that one!

Did you know that yhe mile comes from the Latin "mille passus", based on the Roman Legion's 1,000 paces.

'but not for you Gunslinger, never for you. you darkle. you tinct. may I be brutally frank? You Go on.'

i did not know that.

did you know that polar bears are left handed?

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did not know that. (How did You know that?)

Did you know that Edgar Allan Poe married his first cousin (Virginia Clemm).
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

i knew that.

did you know multiple misfortunes befell Poe after his death, including his tobstone being hit by a train, and another being struck by lightning?

wow. I kinda expected William to find this. where is that guy, anyways?

The mask used by Michael Myers in the original "Halloween" was a Captain Kirk mask painted white.

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

Never heard that, but believable...

Heinz 57 catchup started as a pickle company and produced 57 varieties of pickles. If you look at the Heinz bottle, under the logo you'll see a little pickle image with '57' under it.
    I learned that standing in front of a urinal, reading useless trivia posted on a board.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Gunslinger Apprentice TLC is on a distinguished road TLC's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

haha, nice urinal info!

I didn't know that but I'm gonna look for the little pickle next time.....

did you know that cats never purr when they're alone?

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

But if they're alone, how would you know? Kinda like the tree in the woods story . . .

Did you know that mosquitoes don't have teeth?

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

so then how do the little fuckers bite me?

did you know:

A group of unicorns is called a blessing. Twelve or more cows are known as a "flink." A group of frogs is called an army. A group of rhinos is called a crash. A group of kangaroos is called a mob. A group of whales is called a pod. A group of ravens is called a murder. A group of officers is called a mess. A group of larks is called an exaltation. A group of owls is called a parliament.
    which group would you rather be in?

I'd want to be in a murder

i knew some of those. but who decided on the unicorns?

ddi you know that apples and celery both have negative calories? you burn more eating them, than what they give you.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No I didn't, razz, but it makes sense cuz you'd burn off calories doing all that chewing!

And T/S, I believe mosquitoes actually sting you - not sure whey they're called bites!

Did you know that a duck's quack doesn't echo? No one knows why . . .

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i'd rather be in the mob.

mosquitoes have 47 teeth, but "bite" you by stabbing their beak (or whatever it is) into you.

2 by 4's aren't 2 inches by 4 inches. they're 1 and a half by 3 and a half. same for 2 by 6's, 2 by 8's, etc... 1 and a half by 5 and a half, 7 and a half etc...
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

i did not know that. and now i feel like i'm getting ripped off!

did you know that studies show that if a cat falls off the seventh floor of a building it has about thirty percent less chance of surviving than a cat that falls off the twentieth floor. it supposedly takes about eight floors for the cat to realize what is occurring, relax and correct itself. (i want to know who has been throwing cats off of buildings!!!!!!!)

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

well thank God my cat righted himself because Mandarin threw Linus out the second story apartment we live in a few years ago and Linus survived in tact.. no injuries. *sighs*

Did you know: A cockroach can live several weeks with its head cut off - it dies from starvation?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast