Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Halloween Horror-thon 2021

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Halloween Horror-thon 2021

I'm a little behind on this thread this year, but better late than never, right?

What's everyone got on their to-watch lists this year?

TV wise, I'm watching (and enjoying) Midnight Mass.

Movies: priorities are Halloween Kills, The Night House, and The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It. I'd also like to get to the original Frankenstein -- and maybe this will be the year I finally see The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some good ones:

Freaky
    Fear Street Trilogy

Quiet Place 2
    Don't Breathe 2

And if you still haven't seen. . .
    The Witch
    Hereditary

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've seen all of those except for Don't Breathe 2 (the way that the trailers paint the Blind Man as a hero after what he did in the first one kind of rubbed me the wrong way). On the other hand, I really enjoyed Freaky!

I watched The Ward the other night and thought it was pretty average. If it didn't have John Carpenter's name attached to it it would've been trashed even more, I think.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

The only one I haven't seen yet that I really have plans to watch this year is Halloween Kills. Of course I'll also watch the original Halloween and The Great Pumpkin as those are two that I have to watch every year.

On the other hand I planned out my Halloween reading list early this year and started back in Sept. I'm hoping to get through most of them before the end of the month.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I rewatched 30 Days of Night. Not sure how many other horror films I'll get around to. I'll try to knock a few of my To Watch List like Christine, The Dead Zone and Don't Breathe. I haven't watched The Ring in a long time.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

So far I've seen: Isle of the Dead, The Ward, Critters, and Happy Birthday to Me. I haven't been particularly blown away by any of my choices so far.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Bueller?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So far I have seen Halloween Kills, and Sometimes They Come Back (which was just as enjoyable as I remember it being). I also started on Midnight Mass. And I'm hoping to get to Halloween Baking Championship this week after giving up on Halloween Wars. Hopefully they'll go back to the old format next year.

Country
    Country Flag

I think I have two episodes of Midnight Mass left. I'm enjoying it. I like the characters a lot, but do wish that it was faster paced and more horror-y. I also finally watched The Rocky Horror Picture Show for the first time last night and thought it was pretty fun. I enjoyed it. I wasn't expecting it to be that sexual, though.

I also recently saw Happy Birthday to Me and The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It.

Want to do a re-watch of Halloween (1978) and Halloween (2018) before Halloween Kills.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I think I have two episodes of Midnight Mass left. I'm enjoying it. I like the characters a lot, but do wish that it was faster paced and more horror-y. I also finally watched The Rocky Horror Picture Show for the first time last night and thought it was pretty fun. I enjoyed it. I wasn't expecting it to be that sexual, though.

I also recently saw Happy Birthday to Me and The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It.

Want to do a re-watch of Halloween (1978) and Halloween (2018) before Halloween Kills.
    Midnight Mass is a (flawed) masterpiece. Some folks complain about the monologues and the sermons but those words come back in ways during the last two episodes that are almost a harmony. Hard for me to explain what I mean. The last two episodes are the culmination of many things. I have watched the series twice and on second watch I got even more out of it since my partner is Catholic (watched it solitary the first time) and I know not that much about the Catholic Church specifics being raised Southern Baptist so I saw it from two different perspectives. I have many, many questions to ask and discuss once more folks have seen it.
    (I did notice one big mistake where folks were eating on Ash Wednesday. )

Rocky Horror I can recite from memory. I've never been to a midnight showing but maybe one day.....

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Scream, Malignant, Halloween Kills, Midnight Mass, The Amusement Park (Romero's "lost" film), Phenomena, V/H/S 94.....

I finished Midnight Mass, really enjoyed it. Although that last episode was a bit much compared to the quieter pace of the rest of the series. I also thought the actor they cast as Father Paul was excellent. He was very creepy, while also not.

And I didn't even pick up on the Ash Wednesday thing, but now that you mention it I'm surprised that got by them.

And to add to my horror movie watching list, we watched both The Omen and Omen II this weekend. It's been ages since I've seen the first film, and I forgot how good it was. I'm not sure I've ever actually seen the second film before, but that one was pretty good. Going to try to watch the third one sometime soon.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

Midnight Mass is a (flawed) masterpiece. Some folks complain about the monologues and the sermons but those words come back in ways during the last two episodes that are almost a harmony. Hard for me to explain what I mean. The last two episodes are the culmination of many things. I have watched the series twice and on second watch I got even more out of it since my partner is Catholic (watched it solitary the first time) and I know not that much about the Catholic Church specifics being raised Southern Baptist so I saw it from two different perspectives. I have many, many questions to ask and discuss once more folks have seen it.

Rocky Horror I can recite from memory. I've never been to a midnight showing but maybe one day.....
    Catholics eat on Ash Wednesday. We just aren't supposed to eat meat.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Catholics eat on Ash Wednesday. We just aren't supposed to eat meat.
    Which some folks are seen eating hot dogs, close enough to meat....
    I have other questions but waiting for more to see it....

What other questions do you have? Maybe we should start a thread to discuss it?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I actually learned more about the movie from this video than the many times I've tried and failed to sit down and actually watch it.

I never even knew how it ended.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

I watched Seed of Chucky the other night and it was the most ridiculously captivating thing I've ever seen.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    What other questions do you have? Maybe we should start a thread to discuss it?
    I was thinking about that but wasn't sure if enough interest was out there for that. Some of it's not reallly questions just interesting observations as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I actually learned more about the movie from this video than the many times I've tried and failed to sit down and actually watch it.

Sacrilege! I refuse to watch!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

Sacrilege! I refuse to watch!
    They do these videos for tons of movies and the things they find "wrong" are often silly and not really complaints about the movie itself.

Like too many credits before the movie starts. Or the fact that the wedding at the start of the movie is before noon. Just saying...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oh I know! I've watched many of them, will probably watch this one too but was going for a joke.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I missed out on tracking my watchlist last year. But this year I'm planning on going all in. Ricky, when you have a chance, can you make a thread for this year?
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Country
    Country Flag

Yessir!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread