Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Annoying video game enemies

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Annoying video game enemies

I've been playing Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion a lot recently, and, i've had my share of annoying enemies on games (Many from Dragon Quest VIII) but the Wraiths on Oblivion just annoy me so much! I cant stand their infernal screeching and the fact they get in the way so i cant get through a door!

Anyway, I was just wondering, what video game enemy/ies annoys you?
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The most annoying 'boss' I've ever faced are the Aliens from Predator : Concrete Jungle (PS2). You have to disarm this big machine-esque structure whilte fighting off about (literally) 20 aliens at once, it's insane. When my brother got to the point in the game he almost broke the controller in frustration.

Gunslinger Apprentice Yunsung is on a distinguished road Yunsung's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The bladey shadow figures from the SSE portion of Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    01.06.07 - Rite of Passage
    09.26.07 - New Partnership
    12.17.09 - Engagement

Gunslinger Apprentice Ikilledthecrimsonking is on a distinguished road Ikilledthecrimsonking's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

so xilias our whatever there called from oblivion
    i love that game cant wait to play knights of the nine, or shivering isles
    MACAIN FOR PRESIDENT

DONT VOTE HILARY

(SHES THE ANTICHRIST)

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ikilledthecrimsonking View Post
    i love that game cant wait to play knights of the nine, or shivering isles
    Me neither.
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going with Seymor from FF10

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Which form? Or all of them?

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Seymor in general

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually found him to be pretty easy. As long as you figure out the patterns he uses (Thunder,Water,Ice,Fire>repeat) it shouldn't be too hard to take him down.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I've killed him. He was just an annoying prick.

Citizen of Gilead Ka-tet is on a distinguished road Ka-tet's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sepiroth from kingdom hearts(the first one). I never owned the game to get this far on my own but a friend of mine has. I played on his game AND I SWEAR HE WAS A BASTARD!!!! i got him evetualy though ^_^
    If you love me, then love me-Susan of mejis
    See the turtle, aint he keen? All things serve the fucking beam-Eddie of NewYork
    You burn prettily-Corwin of Amber

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Try Sephiroth from KH2, then. Jeeeeeeeeeebus.

Sephiroth in general pretty much sucks to fight, no matter where he be.

As for annoying ones, anything in any game that has a shield that you have to go grab from them while they're attacking you, just so that you can attack them and actually do some damage is pretty frickin' annoying.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rjeso View Post

"That's an interesting sword you're carrying
    It's the keyblade!
    I see, so that's a keyblade"

There's this video on youtube where this guy faced off against Sephy on the highest difficulty level without getting touched. Either he practiced for all hours of the day save for an occasional meal, or he's so good that he needs to star in the remake of The Last Starfighter.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Good god, is that possible?

I avoid his little perch in the canyon at all costs, hahaha. I know I'll get my ass kicked in two hits from that guy. Maybe I should shoot for Lv. 200 first...
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Anybody play X-Men on Sega Genesis? Non of the bosses seem to have a rhyme or rhythm. They were all hard.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Fuck, how could I forget Sigma from Mega Man X3? It seems as if every one of his fucking projectiles was destined to hit you, no matter which way you move.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

It's the keyblade!

There's this video on youtube where this guy faced off against Sephy on the highest difficulty level without getting touched. Either he practiced for all hours of the day save for an occasional meal, or he's so good that he needs to star in the remake of The Last Starfighter.
    WTF???? Was it the guy who designed the game?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

It's the keyblade!

WTF???? Was it the guy who designed the game?
    Shit, it must have been. It seems that the guy knew every move Sephiroth was going to be make before Seph himself! I'll look for the video tonight when I get home, so that you guys can see the geekiness greatness for yourselves.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Please do! I've gotta' see this shit.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Along the Path of the Beam Vasagi is on a distinguished road Vasagi's Avatar

For me the coolest villian ever is the same as the most annoying villian: FF7 Sephiroth.

Not so much that he's hard, but rather that he spams a move with a 2-minute-long animation over ... and over ... and over again.

Yeah ... supernova's cool. The first time. You've got the sky breaking up and flying away ... neato equations flying by ... a meteor flying into the Milky Way that shatters Pluto, vaporizes Saturns rings, puts a hole through Jupiter, supernovas the Sun, vaporizing Mercury and Venus before hitting your puny little party of 3 on Earth. It's a very impressive animation for the old Sony playstation. It kind of makes me wonder how many times you can supernova the sun and destroy various planets in the solar system before god gets pissed off and pulls the plug on the whole thing. For me, I'd power the playstation down after the 3rd one.

Yeah, it's a pretty devastating effect ... everybody's left with 1 hp and every status ailment in the game. Yeah, you've gotta move fast to recover from it. And yeah, Sephiroth uses it repeatedly ... quite often just after you're done recovering from the last one.

But for CHRIST'S SAKE! LET ME SKIP THE ANIMATION!! It makes a 10 minute end-boss fight into a 30 minute exercise in frustration!! OK!! I GET IT!! JUST F UP MY PARTY AND LET ME MOVE ON WITH MY LIFE!!!

What can you do about it? Respond to supernova with Knights of the Round - then have the next guy in your party mime it. Through your own force of will, you can turn a 30 minute extended animation battle into an hourlong clusterfck.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    Anybody play X-Men on Sega Genesis? Non of the bosses seem to have a rhyme or rhythm. They were all hard.

Wow! Going old school, are we? I remember that game. ( I think I have bought about every X-Men game for any system I have owned.) Some of those bosses were hard, in that old two-dimension, scrolling-left-to-right way. You had to come up with some creative ways to get at them. For example, I would save up my energy for fighting Apocalypse by using Nightcrawler to teleport through the walls to skip the fight with Juggernaut. Mojo was especially hard because you could only hurt him by hitting him in the back and he would turn so fast that you constantly had to jump back and forth over him.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Fuck, how could I forget Sigma from Mega Man X3? It seems as if every one of his fucking projectiles was destined to hit you, no matter which way you move.
    I'm not sure if that's the same one (Sigma is huge and you've got platforms to jump on top...been years) but me and my friend tried to beat him for two days and couldn't. And this is coming from a guy who could come home and nearly beat Mega Man X at lunch break from school.

Most annoying enemies for me are the dogs from resident evil. When you know how to kill them they are a joke. Shoot them, they fall, wait for the growl, shoot again. You don't even need to see them to kill them. Waste of my survival time.

On a first play through Nemesis was annoying. Always showed up at a bad time. The trenchcoat guy from RE2 Scenario B was annoying as well.

Stupidest Boss Battle ever goes to the massive thing in the Lifa Tree in FFIX. Oh no, don't hit him with a pheonix down and kill him. What a joke.

I often don't get annoyed with the difficulty of bosses, often I beat them in a couple of tries but it's the small things I have to defeat over and over again without challenge that annoy me.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Most annoying enemies for me are the dogs from resident evil. When you know how to kill them they are a joke. Shoot them, they fall, wait for the growl, shoot again. You don't even need to see them to kill them. Waste of my survival time.
    In Resident Evil 4, you can throw a grenade, and they'll catch it.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

There aren't any dogs in Resident Evil 4.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

yeah there are. they first show up by the church after fighting el gigante, as well as in the hedge maze in the castle

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast