Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Dark Tower Football Pick Contest - Come Reap

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow..KC and LA...what a game! I can't imagine how it might end. I'm hoping for OT!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A looooong NFL week, but congratulations to our Week 15 winners SkippyD023, Johnny007, and Lurker, coming in at a persistent 12-4.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    A looooong NFL week, but congratulations to our Week 15 winners SkippyD023, Johnny007, and Lurker, coming in at a persistent 12-4.
    Sorry Skippy and Gretchen...I'm doing my best to recover to make this a 3-person race after weeks of 60 and 80 points. I had what I thought was a fantastic chance last week, but the Chargers coach overdosed on analytics and the Browns stopped tackling on the final drive...so I lost 2 and you won 2. A 14-2 week would have made things manageable for me. Not ready to panic yet! Good luck to everyone in the last 3 weeks!

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, now I get it. Someone said pick Football games and I've been picking Futbol games!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    Sorry Skippy and Gretchen...I'm doing my best to recover to make this a 3-person race after weeks of 60 and 80 points. I had what I thought was a fantastic chance last week, but the Chargers coach overdosed on analytics and the Browns stopped tackling on the final drive...so I lost 2 and you won 2. A 14-2 week would have made things manageable for me. Not ready to panic yet! Good luck to everyone in the last 3 weeks!

John

Yeah. I understand the "killer instinct" but that was ridiculous. Just like the Ravens going for the kill the second time this season.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

John

Yeah. I understand the "killer instinct" but that was ridiculous. Just like the Ravens going for the kill the second time this season.
    Overall, so far, its been a "unique" kind of year in the NFL. You gotta roll the dice every week it seems!!! lol Unfortunately, my rolls have come up "snake eyes" more often than not. My hats off to the league leaders this year!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to our Week 16 winners Lurker and Spencer coming in at a tough 13-3.

Two weeks to go - the race to first and last place is heating up!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah. That race to last is a bit funny.

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! congratulations to the week 17 winners Spencer and Garrell with 14 wins!!!

Country
    Country Flag

We've got a healthy contest in the 3rd place area (not to say 1st and 2nd are out of reach for anyone). As a reminder - if there is a need to invoke a tiebreaker, the following rules apply:

● Tiebreaker #1 - Higher number of points scored for Week 18
    ● Tiebreaker #2 - Higher number of points scored for Week 17
    ● Tiebreaker #3 - Higher number of points scored for Week 16
    ● Tiebreaker #4 - Higher number of points scored for Week 15
    ● Tiebreaker #5 - Higher number of points scored for Week 14

The same rules - starting with Lowest number of points - apply for the "most coveted" Last Place trophy.

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! What a season!!!! Here are the official results of the contest - CONGRATULATIONS to everyone!!!

FIRST PLACE: SkippyD023 (Previous wins: 2016 Last Place, 2015 Second Place, 2012 Last Place, 2011 Firsts Place, 2010 Second Place, 2009 Third Place)

SECOND PLACE: gsvec (Previous wins: 2020 Last Place, 2015 Last Place)

THIRD PLACE: Spencer (Previous wins: 2017 Second Place, 2015 Second Place, 2015 Perfect Week (16-0), 2014 First Place, 2012 Second Place, 2009 Second Place)

LAST PLACE: east-tennessee (Previous wins: 2012 Third Place, 2011 Third Place, 2010 Third Place, 2009 Third Place)

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Bill for running this. Congrats to all the winners.. Go Titans.........see you on Feb 13th

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bill! Congrats to everyone and see ya next year!
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Press Release 1/10/2022:

After a disappointing 9th place finish in this year's football pick contest; TheDarkTower.Org has fired General Manager, Head Coach and Laundryman Jerome Smith.

Despite numerous winning records, and several championships, the owner has fired himself. In a quote obtained by an anonymous source, Smith stated "Championships, and nothing less are the standard we have".

A search is now ongoing for a replacement.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Press Release 1/10/2022:

After a disappointing 9th place finish in this year's football pick contest; TheDarkTower.Org has fired General Manager, Head Coach and Laundryman Jerome Smith.

Despite numerous winning records, and several championships, the owner has fired himself. In a quote obtained by an anonymous source, Smith stated "Championships, and nothing less are the standard we have".

Haha!!! Loved both of these!

Country
    Country Flag

P.S. For the winners - I will solicit mailing addresses, but will wait until we get the trophies ordered. I tend to procrastinate and people move six times.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I still can't believe I actually placed this year - how exciting! Bill, you rock this every year and we thank you!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, many thanks, Bill for all you do with these tournaments. You're a gentleman and a scholar.

One word sums up my performance this year.............................................. ..SAD!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Press Release 1/10/2022:

"Playoffs? Don’t talk about?playoffs?! You kidding me? Playoffs?! I just hope we can win a game! Another game!"

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to everyone and special thanks to BoR and Bill of the Pacific Northwest.
    Bill of the Southwest; are we doing a playoff's contest like last season?

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Bill, for running this entertaining contest year after year!

Congratulations to SkippyD023 for his year-long consistency resulting in 1st place. Also, kudos to gsvec and Spencer for their top-3 finishes! And east-tennessee, somebody's got to be last. You are worthy!

Lastly, I see that Black Monday caught up with TheDarkTower.org. So sad. Perhaps Merlin1958 will put his NY hat in the ring for this prestigious vacancy.

Thanks to all for another fun year!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by east-tennessee View Post
    Thank you Bill for running this. Congrats to all the winners.. Go Titans.........see you on Feb 13th
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Thanks Bill! Congrats to everyone and see ya next year!
    Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    I still can't believe I actually placed this year - how exciting! Bill, you rock this every year and we thank you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Yes, many thanks, Bill for all you do with these tournaments. You're a gentleman and a scholar.

One word sums up my performance this year.............................................. ..SAD!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Thanks to everyone and special thanks to BoR and Bill of the Pacific Northwest.
    Bill of the Southwest; are we doing a playoff's contest like last season?
    Thanks, Bill, for running this running this entertaining contest year after year!

Congratulations to SkippyD023 for his year-long consistency resulting in 1st place. Also, kudos to gsvec and Spencer for their top-3 finishes! And east-tennessee, somebody's got to be last. You are worthy!

Lastly, I see that Black Monday caught up with TheDarkTower.org. So sad. Perhaps Merlin1958 will put his NY hat in the ring for this prestigious vacancy.

Thanks to all for another fun year!

John
    Always a pleasure. Regardless of whether we win a trophy (which is RARE), or not that process is always the icing on the cake. We can't thank you all enough for your years (15 or more?) of support!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah Bill. But BoR was looking good for a bit there this season.

Gretchen gave me hope!!

Good job lady. !!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast