6 30.00%
  • The Thomas Crown Affair

13 65.00%
  • The Sons of Katie Elder

6 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 1960s: Round 1 - Group 11 of 32

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Great Movie Tournament - 1960s: Round 1 - Group 11 of 32

During the first round of The Great Movie Tournament, please vote for up to four films you would like to move onto the next round. The top four films will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given film receives will determine its standing going forward.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

Army of Shadows (1969)
    Directed by Jean-Pierre Melville

Watch Trailer

The Haunting (1963)
    Directed by Robert Wise

Watch Trailer

Ocean's 11 (1960)
    Directed by Lewis Milestone

Watch Trailer

Long Day's Journey Into Night (1962)
    Directed by Sidney Lumet

Watch Trailer

The Thomas Crown Affair (1968)
    Directed by Norman Jewison

Watch Trailer

The Sons of Katie Elder (1965)
    Directed by Henry Hathaway

Watch Trailer

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

What a loaded group!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Closing tomorrow and Long Day's Journey Into Night and The Sons of Katie Elder are tied for fourth.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following three titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. Ocean's 11 (65.00%)
    2. The Thomas Crown Affair (65.00%)
    3. The Haunting (45.00%)

The following two titles will face off in a tiebreaker for the last spot:
    1. Long Day's Journey Into Night (30.00%)
    2. The Sons of Katie Elder (30.00%)

And the following title has been eliminated:
    1. Army of Shadows (20.00%)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    The poll has closed. The following three titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. Ocean's 11 (65.00%)
    2. The Thomas Crown Affair (65.00%)
    3. The Haunting (45.00%)

The following two titles will face off in a tiebreaker for the last spot:
    1. Long Day's Journey Into Night (30.00%)
    2. The Sons of Katie Elder (30.00%)

And the following title has been eliminated:
    1. Army of Shadows (20.00%)
    Another tough group. I'm rooting for "Katie Elder" though.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Army of Shadows is tremendous. Jean-Pierre Melville is a real genius.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, FWIW, with your endorsement maybe I'll give it a go. Any idea what service its available on? Netflix would be my guess. They run a lot of foriegn films don't they?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Well, FWIW, with your endorsement maybe I'll give it a go. Any idea what service its available on? Netflix would be my guess. They run a lot of foriegn films don't they?
    Unfortunately, right now it looks like it's only available to rent at all the usual places (Apple, YouTube, etc.). But actually HBO Max by far has the largest selection of foreign classic to stream, as they're partnered with TCM and Criterion.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Unfortunately, right now it looks like it's only available to rent at all the usual places (Apple, YouTube, etc.). But actually HBO Max by far has the largest selection of foreign classic to stream, as they're partnered with TCM and Criterion.
    Really? Huh. Well, I don't have an issue renting it. What, $3.99 for the rental? No problem. If I hate it I'll send you an invoice, Mae!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread