Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead - Image Comic's neverending nightmare

Gunslinger Apprentice BlakeMP is on a distinguished road BlakeMP's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is definitely one of Image's best comics. I'm a huge fan.

Gunslinger Apprentice Steve will become famous soon enough Steve's Avatar

I'm a huge fan since I discovered the comics three months ago. When's the next due?

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
    -- Hoban Washburne

"What does that make us?"
    "Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds and Zoe Washburne

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished the 1st HC. I loved it. You guys are right on with your comments. I love the characters and I'm enjoying the story, let alone that I've always been a zombie movie/video game fan. I like the Romero style zombies, so it's cool to have a series based on them. Can't wait 'til my copy of the 2nd HC arrives, then I'll get all caught up. I'm already hooked, so I can't wait to get caught up and finally be able to read my copy of issue #37 that I've been saving.

Gunslinger Apprentice BlakeMP is on a distinguished road BlakeMP's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Walking Dead is (ostensibly) a monthly, so the next issue should be out in a couple of weeks.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Dang.

You guys are making me want to sign up with a distributer. I would be covered in cool comics and Dora would go nuts.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice David is on a distinguished road David's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll be picking up volumes 5 & 6 tommorow. I've already got issue 37, so after tommorow evening it's just gonna be a waiting game to get #38 and then the torture of waiting a month at a time. Totally worth it, though.

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I finally got caught up through issue #37. The story has just been getting better and better, can't wait for #38.
    Spoiler:
    I had a great time reading through the story. I love how Kirkman is not afraid to kill off a character at any moment, or do something terrible to one, so it's great never knowing what's going to be thrown at you next. I do wish I had not looked at the cover for #37 before I started reading the series, since I knew Rick was gonna lose his hand, but no biggie, still got to me even though I knew it was coming. Now I want Rick to pull an Ash and get a cool weapon on his bad arm. I guess that would be silly, but it would be entertaining. With their shortage of available gasoline I guess a chainsaw is out of the question. I can't wait to find out what Philip and the gang from Woodbury come up with in way of an assault on the prison. I hope that Rick and the gang can get some cool weapons from the National Guard station, if it's not empty that is. I have a feeling they'll be something left for them though.

Anyway, now to waiting for each individual issue with the rest of you.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

A few days ago I bought the Hardcover Book One. While it was sitting on the table, waiting for me to read it, my boyfriend picked it up and hasn't put it down since. He even stayed up till 1am last night when he had to be up at 6 reading. I thank you Walking Dead. This may have been the first time I've ever seen my boyfriend read in the whole year we've been together.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Eyes Like Silver Dollars Tvmorbid is on a distinguished road Tvmorbid's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've read a few of these, they where pretty awesome

BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When you're down here with us, you'll float too!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

So I logged on to my account at Amazon.com, with my order-happy fingers looking for the WD Book III, and then I see the release date... November 2007! I guess I'm going to have to resort to buying the 6 issue collections from now on.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I read the entire book one last night. I couldn't stop reading it. Now I'm off to go get number 2 today.

Spoiler:
    Is anyone else just waiting for the moment Jim comes back and terrorizes them? They're going to wish they had killed him.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Have you read #2 yet, Erin? I just finished it. It's pretty damn awesome.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

"WE are the walking dead!!"

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    "WE are the walking dead!!"
    That part was great. I love his whole speech towards the end.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    I just finished it last night, AMAZING! Michonne is turning out to be the shit.

And does Lori annoy the crap out of anyone else?
    Spoiler:
    I hope she gives birth to a zombie baby which then proceeds to eat her.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post

Spoiler:
    Are you jealous of my awesome Michonne poster now?
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yea now I actually understand it. They have that exact picture in the back of the hardback book #2. That's what's so awesome about the hardcovers, they have about 10 or so colored drawings at the back which are really neat.

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    I have a feeling that Lori isn't going to survive childbirth, being that Carl was born from cecarian (sp?). There likely going to have to cut her open, and at this point, I don't think that Alice has the knowhow if they can't deliver naturally.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Picked up TWD Vol 5 a little while ago, and finished it in one sitting.

I also picked up Sam Noir Vol. 1, you guys ever heard of it? I was just browsing through the store and I saw it, the last one left..I flipped through a few pages and knew right away that this would be a new series to obsess over.

Country
    Country Flag

Yea now I actually understand it. They have that exact picture in the back of the hardback book #2. That's what's so awesome about the hardcovers, they have about 10 or so colored drawings at the back which are really neat.
    The hardcovers collect the actual individual issue covers which are indeed very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by David
    Spoiler:
    I have a feeling that Lori isn't going to survive childbirth, being that Carl was born from cecarian (sp?). There likely going to have to cut her open, and at this point, I don't think that Alice has the knowhow if they can't deliver naturally.
    That's a good point David.
    Spoiler:
    I remember thinking the same thing, that if Carl had to be birthed via Cesarean Section, that Lori was gonna be up shit's creek with a turd for a paddle when the new baby comes a knocking. I think that the crew will win out against the Woodbury assault and manage to hold the prison and then have a happy moment, and then to balance it out, Lori may reach the clearing at the end of her path.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by VolsToTheWall View Post
    The hardcovers collect the actual individual issue covers which are indeed very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by David
    Spoiler:
    That's a good point David.
    Spoiler:
    I remember thinking the same thing, that if Carl had to be birthed via Cesarean Section, that Lori was gonna be up shit's creek with a turd for a paddle when the new baby comes a knocking. I think that the crew will win out against the Woodbury assault and manage to hold the prison and then have a happy moment, and then to balance it out, Lori may reach the clearing at the end of her path.
    Spoiler:
    How messed up would it be for Rick to have to raise a baby on his own concieved by his wife and Shane. Seems par for the course for Kirkman's writing style within this story.

According to Kirkman, issue #40 is almost finished and that Image is going to be releasing these through #42 rather rapidly. God knows, it's been nearly 2 months since issue #37.

Hurry up, next Wednesday!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Spoiler:
    How messed up would it be for Rick to have to raise a baby on his own concieved by his wife and Shane. Seems par for the course for Kirkman's writing style within this story.

According to Kirkman, issue #40 is almost finished and that Image is going to be releasing these through #42 rather rapidly. God knows, it's been nearly 2 months since issue #37.

Hurry up, next Wednesday!
    That's good news. Now that I'm all caught up, I can't read the story in these huge chunks anymore. That was fun how I was able to just race through the series, and man it just flew by.

Spoiler:
    I think you're right on there David. It definitely seems like a twist that would go along with the way the series has gone thus far.

Country
    Country Flag

#38 was released today!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    #38 was released today!
    I hope he's right that #39 ships in just two weeks.
    Spoilers for issue #38
    Spoiler:
    I like how Kirkman is toying with us about this baby to be born next issue. He's teasing us so much that the delivery may go bad, that we're doubting whether Lori is really gonna die or not. That's what makes the series great, you never know for sure what the hell is gonna happen. The cover for #39 is ominous, but it makes me think if he's teasing that much, that Lori might survive the delivery after all. I think he likes that she manages to annoy us, so he might want to keep her around to continue doing so. How about the Walmart cliff hanger? I think if I just blew up somebody's only gas supply, in a world not exactly brimming with working gas pumps on every corner, I'd hurry my ass up and get the F back home. "Hey there's a Walmart! Let's stop and shop for a bit. It's not like anything bad could happen." You think one of the characters from the Walmart fiasco is gonna die and Lori is gonna live? At least we won't have to wait long to find out (hopefully).

Gunslinger Apprentice Grillslinger is on a distinguished road Grillslinger's Avatar

Okay...exactly how far along is the series? No spoilers please...just how many issues...or how many hardback volumes.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast