Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 1960s

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Village of the Damned (1960)
    Wolf Rilla

Watch trailer:

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I nominate Legends of the Poisonous Seductress; Vol. 1: Female Demon Ohyaku (1968)

Watch clip:

Murder! Sex Extortion! Full of Evil! Torture! Revenge!

First of a 3-part series. All are very good.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Bonnie and Clyde

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I nominate Ice Station Zebra:

Spoiler:
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I think I can nominate
    If so then I nominate
    The Great Escape 1963 John Stures
    Seconded.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I think I can nominate
    If so then I nominate
    The Great Escape 1963 John Stures
    Seconded.
    Great one! This is my favorite war movie of all time. What a cast.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Two great performances, one not so much of a surprise (Paul Newman) and the other a huge surprise (Jackie Gleason) - not to mention George C. Scott and Piper Laurie

Film: The Hustler
    Director: Robert Rossen
    Year: 1961

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I will enthusiastically second Bonnie and Clyde, even though there is a huge continuity error in the final shootout.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool Hand Luke 1967
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Children's Hour (1961)
    William Wyler

Watch trailer:

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I will enthusiastically second Bonnie and Clyde, even though there is a huge continuity error in the final shootout.
    I love it but factually, also, it is not historically accurate.
    I tried searching once for what is the most accurate biopic made but could not find the answer.
    Just for instance, the real Clyde was bisexual but they made him impotent in the movie. Go figure!

The Lion in Winter

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Going out on a limb here but I nominate
    Seconds John Frakenhimer 1966

Country
    Country Flag

Why a limb? Seconded!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    ...Just for instance, the real Clyde was bisexual but they made him impotent in the movie. Go figure!
    So basically they wanted to alter everything having to do with all manner of bullets he might be shooting.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Why a limb? Seconded!
    Wasn't sure how many people saw it. But it's a stellar movie and that ending, oh boy.

Two great performances, one not so much of a surprise (Paul Newman) and the other a huge surprise (Jackie Gleason) - not to mention George C. Scott and Piper Laurie

Film: The Hustler
    Director: Robert Rossen
    Year: 1961

2ND

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Why a limb? Seconded!
    Wasn't sure how many people saw it. But it's a stellar movie and that ending, oh boy.
    Hm, I think it's a pretty well-known movie. I do have some more "out on a limb" movies for sure I'll try and nominate that are great but most probably haven't seen, unfortunately.

My Mood
    Cool

I have a mixture of what I think are known and not so well known movies. We shall see .

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I second The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966), dir. Sergio Leone
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

And I'll second Au Hasard Balthazar.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Time to lighten things up a bit. One of the funniest movies of all time, that then become one of the best Broadway musicals of all time...Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder are hilarious, and Lee Meredith is just gorgeously funny.

Film: The Producers
    Director: Mel Brooks
    Year: 1967

Trailer

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I will second Cool Hand Luke - I trust there is no failure to communicate here!

Time to lighten things up a bit. One of the funniest movies of all time, that then become one of the best Broadway musicals of all time...Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder are hilarious, and Lee Meredith is just gorgeously funny.

Film: The Producers
    Director: Mel Brooks
    Year: 1967

Trailer
    2ND

Country
    Country Flag

Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
    David Lean

Watch trailer:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast