Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
Yup, some older movies are also on YouTube. When we get to the 1930s and especially the 1920s, there will be lots of noms on YouTube.

Also, as always, eagerly awaiting Still Servant's actors research!
Thank you once again, Mae!

I will be starting my research tonight! There's a lot of foreign films in the 60s tournament, which means I won't be as familiar with many of the actors, but I will do my best.
Any updates on the progress yet?
I did my best here! I know a lot about film, but as we go farther and farther back, there are a lot of actors I'm not familiar with.

For this study, I kept it to the real A-List actors. If there is an actor or actress you don't see on this list (Control+F to search) let me know and I'd be happy to look them up. I'm sure there are a ton of character actors that are missing.

Thanks to the James Bond films, Sean Connery is the winner with 6 films in our tournament. For actresses, a bit of a surprise, Claudia Cardinale is the leader with 4.

Maybe the most interesting discovery is that there is now only one actor who has placed at least one film from every decade in our tournaments and that's Christopher Plummer. An amazing, yet somewhat underrated career. As a side note, I realized while researching that Inside Man did not make our 2000s tournament, which I thought was odd.

Michael Caine has placed at least one film from every decade except for one and that was the 90s. Mae, maybe you can double-check that for me.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Sean Connery - 6

Dennis Hopper - 5

George Kennedy - 5

Steve McQueen - 5

Paul Newman - 5

Charles Bronson - 4

Richard Burton - 4

Claudia Cardinale - 4

Clint Eastwood - 4

Audrey Hepburn - 4

Peter Sellers - 4

John Wayne - 4

Katherine Hepburn - 3
And off we go!!! SS, really outstanding job!!!! Great info indeed. Seems curious that, John Wayne only counts for 4 entries but, I'm not impugning your work in any way. Just seems odd on first glance but, it is what it is, right? Thanks for the work and posting this for our reference. You folks really know your films!!! LOL

This is going to be very interesting tournament indeed!!!