Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 1960s

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    --Ok, I went back to a previous tournament and ported over the template. I must say that the instructions do NOT produce this type of link when I try to do it. But I've got the template again, so no worries.
    I just looked over the instructions and everything looks fine, strange. What wasn't working for you?
    Step 1: I grab the URL from the You Tube address bar. For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRp1tUHpWNs

Step 2: I delete the "s"

Step 3: I open the indicated blue-style spoiler tags. This generates a pop-up that asks me to enter the URL.

Step 4: Enter the URL (no "s") from Steps 1 and 2 as indicated by the pop-up. Click "ok."

Step 5: Weep at my desk, as nothing at all shows up in the post.

First, you need to use the Insert Video button: Enter the s-less YouTube address there. Then highlight that, click , enter text ("Watch Trailer" or something), and clock OK, then post.

The template I have used for these is:

[SPOIL="Watch trailer:"][video=youtube;YOUTUBECODE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOUTUBECODE[/video][/SPOIL]

So, to clarify, the instructions at the top mention to use this specific spoiler tag, because it reduces page load with videos, but you need to insert the video first, and the pop-up box that comes up with the spoiler is asking for a spoiler description, thus "Watch Trailer". I hope this makes sense!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I'll nominate one of the most beautiful and poignant films of all time, and probably a Top 5 all-time film for me. I was stunned when I first saw it in 1999 in a very poor quality Criterion DVD, and it looks amazing in HD.

Andrei Rublev (1966)
    Andrei Tarkovsky

Watch trailer:
    2ND

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second Planet of the Apes.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I nominate
    The Battle of Algiers (1966) Gillo Pontecorvo

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I nominate Fail-Safe:

Spoiler:
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I nominate Onibaba (1964)

Watch clip:

Billed as a horror movie. Well, kindof. More of a story of murder, revenge, and uncontrollable sexual desire.

Country
    Country Flag

Le Samouraï (1967)
    Jean-Pierre Melville

Watch trailer:

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I nominate Fail-Safe
    Seconded! I saw this for the first time a couple of months ago. Superb movie.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The Wild Bunch

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I nominate
    The Battle of Algiers (1966) Gillo Pontecorvo
    2ND

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second Onibaba. Amazingly creepy and atmospheric film. Also, the music!

Country
    Country Flag

First, you need to use the Insert Video button:
    MAYBE YOU SHOULD PUT THAT IN THE INSTRUCTIONS! Ha Ha.

But yes, the template I found essentially looks like your example above. I've got it now. That is, until the next tournament when I'll forget how to do it and have to go through all this again.

Country
    Country Flag

First, you need to use the Insert Video button:
    MAYBE YOU SHOULD PUT THAT IN THE INSTRUCTIONS! Ha Ha.
    I thought we all knew that!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I nominate In The Heat Of The Night:

Spoiler:

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Le Samouraï (1967)
    Jean-Pierre Melville

Watch trailer:
    I second this.

My Mood
    Cool

I nominate
    The Manchurian Candidate (1962) John Frankenheimer

Country
    Country Flag

The Virgin Spring (1960)
    Ingmar Bergman

Watch trailer:

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I nominate
    The Manchurian Candidate (1962) John Frankenheimer
    seconded.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I second It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I second It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.
    Yes!

The Virgin Spring (1960)
    Ingmar Bergman

Watch trailer:
    2ND

Au Hasard Balthazar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I nominate Midnight Cowboy:

Spoiler:

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second Midnight Cowboy.

My Mood
    Cool

I think I can nominate
    If so then I nominate
    The Great Escape 1963 John Stures

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast