Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 1960s

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I nominate Have Sword, Will Travel (1969)

Watch clip:

Classic Shaw Bros.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And I second Seven Days in May

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is probably another long shot, but a really unique film, tough criminally rarely seen or talked about:

Viy (1967)
    Georgiy Kropachyov and Konstantin Ershov

Watch trailer:

It's actually streaming free on Tubi: https://tubitv.com/movies/506587/viy

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

How about the moving story of Hellen Keller, with Patty Duke in the lead role and Anne Bancroft as her teacher. Over 10 Oscar nominations and a win for Bancroft as Annie Sullivan.

Film: The Miracle Worker
    Director: Arthur Penn
    Year: 1962

Trailer:

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I will second Coogan's Bluff, a very underrated Clint Eastwood flick.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And I'll second The Miracle Worker.

Country
    Country Flag

I nominate Tokyo Drifter (1966)

Watch clip:

The plot of this Yakuza revenge tale gets boxed into corners here and there, but the sheer style of the movie is certainly worth a watch. From Wikipedia:

"Nikkatsu bosses had been warning Suzuki to tone down his bizarre visual style for years and drastically reduced Tokyo Drifter's budget in hopes of getting results. This had the opposite effect in that Suzuki and art director Takeo Kimura pushed themselves to new heights of surrealism and absurdity. The studio's next move was to impose the further restriction of filming in black and white on his next two films, which again Suzuki met with even greater bizarreness culminating in his dismissal for 'incomprehensibility.'"

Country
    Country Flag

And I second Playtime.

Country
    Country Flag

Long Day's Journey Into Night (1962)
    Sidney Lumet

Watch trailer:

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Long Day's Journey Into Night (1962)
    Sidney Lumet

Watch trailer:
    2ND!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Shame

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second Tokyo Drifter.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Targets - Peter Bogdanovich
    seconded

sk

Country
    Country Flag

We now have only ten spots remaining

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure how I missed this one, especially with an orangutan as the inspiration for my name...who could forget King Louie!

Film: The Jungle Book
    Director: Wolfgang Reitherman
    Year: 1967

Trailer:

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Not sure how I missed this one, especially with an orangutan as the inspiration for my name...who could forget King Louie!

Trailer:
    Second!

Country
    Country Flag

The Pit and the Pendulum (1961)
    Roger Corman

Watch trailer:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I will second Pit and the Pendulum - it was still on my list

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second Shame.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Trailer:
    Yay, a 4th movie I've seen!
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like you need some catching up! What were the other three?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Mary Poppins
    Romeo and Juliet (watched in my 10th grade English class)
    To Kill a Mockingbird (also watched in an English class)
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Mary Poppins
    So you have never seen the original Planet of the Apes?

Country
    Country Flag

I have a feeling Mary Poppins could go far, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Mary Poppins
    So you have never seen the original Planet of the Apes?
    I've never even seen the remakes or the sequels. But I've seen the gif plenty of times...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast