Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 1960s

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I didn't do tiers but I do have a lot more noms left.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nominate: The Fearless Vampire Killers - Roman Polanski

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll second The Guns of Navarone
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second Fearless Vampire Killers.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And how about another movie with Sharon Tate?

Valley of the Dolls (1967)
    Mark Robson

Watch trailer:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I really don't have anything to nominate.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know any of the (are they still called) art house movies or most foreign.
    But there are a couple I have seen so I'll second Exodus.

And I know - this is the antithesis of arty - but for some reason I quite like it. And I warned you.
    Nominate: Father Goose (1964) Directed by Ralph Nelson
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Country
    Country Flag

Can't go wrong with Cary Grant!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I nominate Swiss Family Robinson - 1960
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I nominate Kaijū Sōshingeki (Destroy All Monsters) 1968 -Ishiro Honda. I don't know if we are caring about original language releases versus edited and dubbed for America releases but I prefer the original Japanese Godzilla releases and can't stand the dubbed and edited versions.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Stolen Kisses (1968)
    François Truffaut

Watch trailer:

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

A Man For All Seasons

Country
    Country Flag

Should we reduce the waiting period for the seconds to one? Things seem to be winding down and we're near the end anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Last Year at Marienbad (1961)
    Alain Resnais

Watch trailer:
    2ND

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for that second, Tommy! Such a surreal masterpiece!

I'll second Destroy All Monsters.

If you have not seen it, Chimes at Midnight is one of Orson Welles best films.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I nominate Sword of the Beast (1965)

I couldn't find a trailer, but here's the opening credits.

Watch clip:

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And I second Valley of the Dolls. Was on my "get to at some point" list as well.

Country
    Country Flag

Seven Days in May (1964)
    John Frankenheimer

Watch trailer:

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second Elmer Gantry. Good movie. Really good book.

Country
    Country Flag

And I'll second Chimes at Midnight.

Country
    Country Flag

Forgot

Nominate - Reflections in a Golden Eye (1967) Directed by John Huston

Ride the High Country

Country
    Country Flag

Diary of a Chambermaid (1964)
    Luis Buñuel

Watch trailer:

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Diary of a Chambermaid (1964)
    Luis Buñuel

Watch trailer:
    2ND

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast