Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 1960s

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Army of Shadows (1969)
    Jean-Pierre Melville

Watch trailer:

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I nominate The Party (1968)

Watch clip:

Blake Edwards / Peter Sellers slapstick, pratfalls, and over-the-top goofiness.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Chimes at Midnight

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Exodus (1960)
    Director: Otto Preminger

Watch Trailer
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And I'm all tapped out on my list!
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have an even better Blake Edwards movie:

Days of Wine and Roses (1962)
    Blake Edwards

Watch trailer:

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Anything you wan to second, we haven't had one in a while...

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Getrud

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Anything you wan to second, we haven't had one in a while...
    I want to second a lot!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well there's not a single movie on the klist needing a second (except the ones I nominated) so can't help on the 2nd front.

Might as well nominate the last remaining 007 movie:

You only live twice 1967, Lewis Gilbert
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have an even better Blake Edwards movie:

Days of Wine and Roses (1962)
    Blake Edwards

Watch trailer:
    Days of Wine and Roses is very well-made and effective. Just like being hit by a hammer repeatedly is effective, assuming the goal is blunt force trauma. I second it.

Country
    Country Flag

And I'll second Through a Glass Darkly

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Next up is a a great Ava Gardner/Richard Burton piece by a one of our best directors.

Film: Night of the Iguana
    Director: John Huston
    Year: 1964

Trailer:

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I will second Samurai Rebellion - a great one!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear. I sill have at least 20 more, but I won't be available to add to the thread till tomorrow evening - going away overnight for my anniversary. Seeing King Lear with Christopher Lloyd playing Lear - should be great.

Here's some of what I have coming, just in case anyone wants to nominate them...is this ethical? Swiss Family Robinson, Khartoum, The Miracle Worker, The Incredible Mr. Limpet, Von Ryan's Express...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I feel so left out guys! I keep coming by and reading all the movies you guys are nominating though!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I feel so left out guys! I keep coming by and reading all the movies you guys are nominating though!
    Thanks, that's still participating! Hope you're watching the trailers. A lot of these can be found on streaming.

Country
    Country Flag

The Killing of Sister George (1968)
    Robert Aldrich

Watch trailer:

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    From Russia with Love, Terrance Young 1963
    Second.

Country
    Country Flag

I nominate Kuronecko (aka "A Black Cat in a Bamboo Grove") (1968)

Watch clip:

Mother and daughter seek supernatural horror vengeance. Very good trailer, if you want to check it out.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Maybe you can check out some of the top 10-20 films that were nominated here that you haven't seen yet. Chances are they'll be in the knockout rounds.

Country
    Country Flag

And I'll second Dr. No.

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second The Night of the Iguana.

Army of Shadows (1969)
    Jean-Pierre Melville

Watch trailer:
    2ND

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I second You Only Live Twice.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast