Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 1960s

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Purple Noon 1960 Rene Clement
    2ND

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    I nominate The Pink Panther - Blake Edwards 1963

I'll second Red Beard.
    I second the Pink Panther.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And I'll second Jason and the Argonauts.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Breathless (1960)
    Jean-Luc Godard

Watch trailer:
    2ND

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

And I'll second Jason and the Argonauts.
    Didn't even see this one in there. Glad it was seconded.

My Mood
    Cool

I nominate
    Z 1969 Costa-Gavras

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe this is our first Boris Karloff nom:

Black Sabbath (1963)
    Mario Bava

Watch trailer:

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

The Haunting (1963)
    Dir: Robert Wise
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Doctor Zhivago

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I will second Doctor Zhivago, as it was going to be my next nomination anyways - great choice.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Surprised not to see one of my favorite sci-fi romps nominated yet. The Morlocks freaked me out when I was kid.

Film: The Time Machine
    Director: George Pal
    Year: 1960

Trailer:

Country
    Country Flag

Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)
    Blake Edwards

Watch trailer:

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second The Haunting.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll nominate The Odd Couple - Gene Saks 1968 and second Breakfast At Tiffany's
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

I believe this is our first Boris Karloff nom:

Black Sabbath (1963)
    Mario Bava

Watch trailer:
    2ND

They Shoot Horses Don't They?

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second Winter Light.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I nominate Go, Go, Second Time Virgin (1969)

...not because I rated it highly (I didn't), but because it's just so freakin' strange. Rape and murder set to dialog so weird it seems like it was written by toked up beat poets. I couldn't find a trailer, and most of the clips are fan overdubs, but the attached appears to be a straight up scene from the film.

Watch clip:

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And I'll second The Time Machine

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Next I will go with a Gregory Peck and Robert Mitchum noir classic, that was later remade by Martin Scorsese. Thompson's attempt to pull of a Hitchcockian film succeeds on many levels.

Film: Cape Fear
    Director: J. Lee Thompson
    Year: 1962

Trailer:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And I will second The Odd Couple. What a great tandem Lemmon and Matthau make.

Country
    Country Flag

The Trouble with Angels (1966)
    Ida Lupino

Watch trailer:

Judgement at Nuremberg

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second They Shoot Horses.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'll second Cape Fear

and nominate
    The Parent Trap (1961)
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast