Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 1960s

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

From Russia with Love, Terrance Young 1963
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why was I thinking Music Man was from the fifties. I love that movie. Second.

Nominate: The Sand Pebbles (1966) Directed by Robert Wise
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

How did we ignore this Oscar winner for Best Picture? Another great musical from my youth. Each year my elementary school would take us to see it at the local theater. Great performances all around, including the angelic voice of lead Mark Lester.

Film: Oliver!
    Director: Carol Reed
    Year: 1968

Trailer:

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I will second The Sand Pebbles - What a cast in the war time epic.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner (1967)
    Stanley Kramer

Watch trailer:

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner (1967)
    Stanley Kramer

Watch trailer:
    Second

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A HARD DAY’S NIGHT 1964

https://youtu.be/Pbg8T9r1DiQ

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Point Blank

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Point Blank
    Seconded

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    A HARD DAY’S NIGHT 1964

https://youtu.be/Pbg8T9r1DiQ
    Oh, what the hell. Gotta have a "Beatles" film in there somewhere, right? I'll 2nd it.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Surprised that my samurai brethren have not offer up this game changer in the genre. Shintaro Katsu goes on to play the role over 20 times in a 10 year span, including a great crossover with Toshiro Mifune in the 1970 great Zatoichi Meets Yojimbo. Meet the blind masseur swordsman...great stuff.

Film: The Tale of Zatoichi
    Diretor: Kenji Misumi
    Year: 1962

Country
    Country Flag

Divorce Italian Style (1961)
    Pietro Germi

Watch trailer:

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Surprised that my samurai brethren have not offer up this game changer in the genre. Shintaro Katsu goes on to play the role over 20 times in a 10 year span, including a great crossover with Toshiro Mifune in the 1970 great Zatoichi Meets Yojimbo. Meet the blind masseur swordsman...great stuff.

Film: The Tale of Zatoichi
    Diretor: Kenji Misumi
    Year: 1962

I've seen all the movies in this series, and I agree they are very good entertainment. I picked #05 ("On the Road") for my nomination list--just haven't gotten around to it yet.

But I'll certainly second "The Tale of Zatoichi."

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I nominate A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (1966)

Watch clip:

"A Comedy Tonight!"

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I nominate A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (1966)

Watch clip:

"A Comedy Tonight!"
    Good one!!! I'll be happy to 2nd this gem.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Only one second was made after you seconded before, Bill, but I'll go ahead and second Mouchette and then count yours next.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Only one second was made after you seconded before, Bill, but I'll go ahead and second Mouchette and then count yours next.
    My apologies. i thought I was good to go so, thanks for the free pass. I'll be more careful in the future.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Carnival of Souls (1962)
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

In honor of his passing today:

Putney Swope (1969)
    Robert Downey Sr.

Watch trailer:

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hud (1963)
    Director: Martin Ritt

Watch Trailer
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

When I was 5, in the summer of 1969, my father was temporarily transferred to California. That summer, with no friends to speak of, I saw this movie five times. Another Buddy Hackett favorite of mine.

Film: The Love Bug
    Director: Robert Stevenson
    Year: 1969

Trailer:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I will second Hud, a really fine Paul Newman piece.

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second Carnival of Souls.

The Masque of the Red Death

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast