Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Christine adapation from Blumhouse & Bryan Fuller

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default New Christine adapation from Blumhouse & Bryan Fuller

Blumhouse is working on a new take of "Christine", by the creator of "Christine"
    > https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...ngs-christine/
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bryan Fuller is great.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The article says Fuller is going to leave the story in the 1980s, which makes sense because a self-driving car isn't all that big a deal in 2021.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I liked the phrase "the Spanx-ing of a nearly 600-page book into a 100-page script."
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://comicbook.com/horror/news/jo...-better-movie/
    Back in 1983, horror legend John Carpenter brought the story of Stephen King's Christine to life. That beloved horror adaptation turns 40 this year, believe it or not, so it's getting an anniversary theatrical rerelease to celebrate the occasion. It's also getting the remake treatment. There haven't been any updates recently, but Hannibal's Bryan Fuller is slated to bring a new version of Christine to the screen. Carpenter seems to think Fuller will be able to put together something even better than what he did 40 years ago.

Carpenter recently spoke to Total Film about the anniversary of Christine and, naturally, the remake came up. When Fuller's reboot was brought to Carpenter's attention, he responded by saying, "Oh boy. Well, good luck to him. It will probably be better."

Carpenter didn't have a lot to say about the idea of a new Christine, but the star of his movie did. Keith Gordon, who played Arnie in the 1983 Christine, shared his thoughts on Fuller taking on the story.

"I think he's really talented and a good person to do it," Gordon said. "I mean, I don't have a negative feeling about people remaking something, especially 40 years later. Christine could be told in a different way and not be an insult to the original. There's a very short list of untouchable classics that should never be remade — films where their groundbreaking-ness or idiosyncrasy is what makes them special. I wouldn't want to see anybody's remake of Citizen Kane, or 2001, or Raging Bull."

Carpenter initially took the Christine job after losing another Stephen King adaptation. He was fired from the Firestarter movie and ended up working on Christine because he simply needed a new job.

"I needed a job, frankly," Carpenter said of his work on the original Christine. "The Thing was my very first studio film. I was just diving in the pool here, and all of a sudden, WHAM. And getting fired off a movie is now the most pleasant thing."

The most surprising part of all that is why Carpenter lost the job in the first place. His previous film, The Thing, opened to lackluster reviews and made very little money at the box office. Of course, all these years later, The Thing stands up as not only one of Carpenter's finest works, but one of the most acclaimed horror films in history.

+ Reply to Thread