Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Folio Society: MISERY edition announced today

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I received mine last week and it was packed very well in a nice box.
    No big funky mail bag?

(I’ve never bought anything directly from FS, but those who regularly do so mention “the bag” and the constant dents.)
    Everything I’ve ever bought from FS came packed well and in fine shape. The funky mail bags and inevitable dents sound like Borderlands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    The funky mail bags and inevitable dents sound like Borderlands.
    They may sound like Borderlands, but they are part and parcel (no pun intended) of FS.

The bag to which I refer is a Royal Mail bag:

As for the dents, while I don't have photos of those, we do have the testimony of my brother-in-law (the recipient of the bag in the photo), countless people who post about FS on other websites, not to mention the following comments on this very forum's The Shining Folio Society thread:

Tippy4:
    The book showed up with a damaged slipcase......so I ordered an unsigned copy...That copy showed up with a damaged slipcase.
    jsmcmullen92:
    I think almost all slip cases were damaged at Folio pre-shipment. Just about everyone who ordered one got damaged slipcases.
    zelig (Paul Suntup):
    My original order and the replacement had dings.
    swintek:
    Yep, ditto.
    firemonkey66:
    Mine as well.
    ...not to be too obsessed about it, but anyone here who didn't suffer from the FS's handling of The Shining might as well know who they're dealing with.

(As for Borderlands: I hope they aren't that bad, as I do have their Straub set coming soon.)
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

They may sound like Borderlands, but they are part and parcel (no pun intended) of FS.

As for the dents, while I don't have photos of those, we do have the testimony of my brother-in-law (the recipient of the bag in the photo), countless people who post about FS on other websites, not to mention the following comments on this very forum's The Shining Folio Society thread:

Tippy4:
    The book showed up with a damaged slipcase......so I ordered an unsigned copy...That copy showed up with a damaged slipcase.
    jsmcmullen92:
    I think almost all slip cases were damaged at Folio pre-shipment. Just about everyone who ordered one got damaged slipcases.
    zelig (Paul Suntup):
    swintek:
    Yep, ditto.
    firemonkey66:
    Mine as well.
    ...not to be too obsessed about it, but anyone here who didn't suffer from the FS's handling of The Shining might as well know who they're dealing with.

(As for Borderlands: I hope they aren't that bad, as I do have their Straub set coming soon.)
    For the Shining they generally sent a new book and slipcase to anyone who complained, and asked that you donate the dinged copy to charity or a library. I ended up sending mine to Jerome to have auctioned for the Haven foundation.

I got that huge bag a few times when I ordered direct from PS. I think FS just sent a padded envelope if I remember correctly.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

Tippy4:
    jsmcmullen92:
    zelig (Paul Suntup):
    swintek:
    Yep, ditto.
    firemonkey66:
    Mine as well.

For the Shining they generally sent a new book and slipcase to anyone who complained, and asked that you donate the dinged copy to charity or a library. I ended up sending mine to Jerome to have auctioned for the Haven foundation.

I got that huge bag a few times when I ordered direct from PS. I think FS just sent a padded envelope if I remember correctly.
    Yeah I got that Royal Mail bag when I ordered a bundle of books from PS. That bag is the worst.

And I doubt Borderlands will ship the Straub collection in a padded envelope. I hope that’s reserved for the Little Books.

To get The Shining from FS in a bag is awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

My Misery unsigned Folio just arrived in a well padded box. no issues.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anybody else ordered the Folio Society limited edition?

There are still some unsigned copies : https://www.foliosociety.com/row/misery.html
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Along the Path of the Beam HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about

I received my unsigned version the other day, and it was extremely well packaged.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

The S/L seems to be averaging ~$1050 on ebay.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4