Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So many Solar Panels, too little time!

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Default With so many solar panels in my neighborhood, I can't see the Sun anymore.

The man in in black, with a cigarette in hand,

describes to you where your reality stands.

Shatner sees a creature in flight,

Winters and Klugman play a game through the night.

Back then it was scary, uplifting, humorous, at times not for the meek.

Today, in the present, we live in it, every day, every week.

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ivo has PM'ed me and won the goose, but has graciously offered to share for others that still want to take a stab at a part of it. I'll give it another day and post the answer, I don't want the leftovers to spoil.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Sort of sounds like...

Spoiler:
    THE TWILIGHT ZONE

...to me
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This riddle is solved. Twilight Zone was the answer.

Ivo and ur2ndbiggestfan got the answer. Ivo wins the fair day goose, ur2ndbiggestfan gets the leftovers and a book 'To Serve Geese' (get the reference?)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Let's make it even more obscure,

and sorry for hijacking your thread!

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Let's make it even more obscure,

and sorry for hijacking your thread!

Nice! That particular episode was a favorite of mine.

Star Trek's 'Arena' was another favorite by another classic writer.

I confess, I had to look ARENA up, but of course I've heard of Fredric Brown.
    An interesting tie-in is that Robert Bloch edited THE BEST OF FREDRIC BROWN, and Bloch wrote a couple of Star Trek episodes.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Nice riddle. Well done to asker and answerers.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

+ Reply to Thread