Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: King on Screen: an upcoming documentary about the Stephen King movies

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default King on Screen: an upcoming documentary about the Stephen King movies

A new documentary, titled "King on screen" is in the works

The team is from France and i've been talking with them since over a year. They are definitely passionate and have teamed up with a few directors (including Frank Darabont) to be part of their documentary.
    They launched a kickstarter campaign in order to make their documentary even better. And in all sincerity, I think that their documentary is going to be really really good. Better than some i've seen those past 2-3 years !

> If you want to find out more, here is their kickstarter campaign

(This visual is part of a poster by Francois Vaillancourt)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds great!

I'll keep an eye on the project :-)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

KOS have now raised their target, with 20 days left !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

The documentary is being shown at some festivals, and will be aired on french TV at the beginning of march

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I asked for a press access, got asked one question about a festival and never got another reply. I don't mind when I get a negative answer but the lack of response it's disrespectful. I kinda lost interest in this proyect. Unless I hear of a lot great reviews I don't think my interest will grow.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

‘King On Screen’ Acquired By Dark Star Pictures

Dark Star Pictures has snapped up North American rights to the Stephen King documentary King on Screen, examining cinematic adaptations of the iconic author’s works, out of EFM. The film from actress-turned-director Daphné Baiwir, which bears King’s stamp of approval, will hit theaters in late summer, with a digital release to follow in the fall.

King on Screen offers audiences an intimate sit-down with directors who have adapted King’s work for the screen, looking at the movies and shows that have brought his body of work an entirely new life — both the ones that reached the top-tier echelons of pop culture history and those that fell by the wayside into obscurity. Among those sitting down for interviews in the film, which world premiered at Fantastic Fest last year, are Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile), Mick Garris (ABC’s The Stand), Mike Flanagan (Gerald’s Game, Doctor Sleep) and director and special makeup effects titan Greg Nicotero (Creepshow, Misery), to name a few.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Darn, I never saw GERALD'S GAME and Netflix doesn't have it for rent on DVD.
    One of these fine days I need to get in touch with the modern world.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    It's available on the net if you are prepared to look for it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    A couple of years ago there were some custom dvd/bluray of "Gerald's Game", "1922" and "In the tall grass" on ebay
    Havent checked recently. Nor for "Mr Harrigan's Phone" but it could be worth trying

+ Reply to Thread