Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Northern Exposure

Gunslinger Apprentice devo133 is on a distinguished road devo133's Avatar

Default Northern Exposure

Are there any fans of that quirky show from the 90's here?

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

my fav show ever.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I loved that show. My favorite tv show ever was Firefly but this is up there.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Can you buy the whole series on DVD now?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

One of my Top Ten All Time Fav TV shows!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    i do not believe the final season is out yet but i could be wrong. my fav part of the series is the whole run at the end of the Dr Fleischman story, where he runs off to the fishing village and lives with the natives.

I don't have a favorite, but one of them is when the Indian shaman in training kid, whats his name..goes to fight the runner's demon.

awesome episode, one of at least two with Ed's "little green man" demon who is a fav of mine. from a comparative mythology geek's perspective, those make for great episodes.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    i do not believe the final season is out yet but i could be wrong. my fav part of the series is the whole run at the end of the Dr Fleischman story, where he runs off to the fishing village and lives with the natives.
    I don't think they're all ready, but when I got House season two, there was a promo for it and it looks like they mean to release the whole series. I think its Universal Home Video.

yeah, i'm sure they will, just not quickly enough for me as there are certain episodes i want to see NOW. i'm not too patient with things like this.

So, now I've got the X-Files entire series to buy and Northern Exposure. Sweeeeeeet.

tv is much better on dvd.

Especially since I don't watch tv anymore.

90% of my tv watching is watching dvds of tv shows. there are very very few shows aside from sports i watch on actual tv anymore, House being the obvious exception.

The..obvious...sure. I didn't know it was obvious... Anyway, I haven't watched tv regularly since Cheers went off the air. I watched Seinfeld and X-Files when I could catch it, but didn't go out of my way to watch anything.

Gunslinger Apprentice Armand St Pierre is on a distinguished road Armand St Pierre's Avatar

Default I want to live in Sicily Alaska

I'd actually put up with tv adds for Northern Exposure, if it could only be found.

I too am a bigger fan of the later episodes as my appreciation of the show didn't revolve around Joel and Maggie's relationship.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Chris-Morning-Whole-Karmic-Enchilada/dp/0809237628"]Check this out Chris in the Morning fans[/ame]
    “A Human Thought is an actual EXISTENCE, and a Force and Power, capable of acting upon and controlling matter as well as mind.”

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

"God always punishes us for what we can't imagine."
    SK

Yeah! The [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000V6LSO0/ref=pd_cp_d_2_img?pf_rd_p=316286001&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00005JLG3&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIK X0DER&pf_rd_r=1PCJPKEREZJ6193MXS08"]entire series[/ame] is out on DVD. You can buy the complete set and it comes with a cool bag. I already bought the seasons individually but I still want that bag!

awesome episode, one of at least two with Ed's "little green man" demon who is a fav of mine. from a comparative mythology geek's perspective, those make for great episodes.
    I can't help but smile whenever I watch. The writing is just amazing. The way they tie in poetry, philosophy, and Native folklore. I love the little green man episode too. Hilarious! I have so many favorites episodes. One that comes to mind is "Jules et Joel" when Joel's evil twin comes to town. Jules was really just his darker disinhibited self that he doesn't want people to see. It's an insightful episode of self discovery. And Joel actually gets analyzed by Sigmund Freud in a jail cell, priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by devo133 View Post
    I can't help but smile whenever I watch. The writing is just amazing. The way they tie in poetry, philosophy, and Native folklore. I love the little green man episode too. Hilarious! I have so many favorites episodes. One that comes to mind is "Jules et Joel" when Joel's evil twin comes to town. Jules was really just his darker disinhibited self that he doesn't want people to see. It's an insightful episode of self discovery. And Joel actually gets analyzed by Sigmund Freud in a jail cell, priceless!
    Jules et Joel stands out for at least two reasons... (1) Joel meets Freud which is a great set of scenes, and (2) it ends with a ref to Wizard of Oz

Yeah! The [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000V6LSO0/ref=pd_cp_d_2_img?pf_rd_p=316286001&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00005JLG3&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIK X0DER&pf_rd_r=1PCJPKEREZJ6193MXS08"]entire series[/ame] is out on DVD. You can buy the complete set and it comes with a cool bag. I already bought the seasons individually but I still want that bag!

Deep awesomeness. Thank you.

Ummmm, I'm reading the Amazon reviews and folk are saying that the original music of the show is NOT included?? WHAT!?

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=U2TPMoP01Sc"]YouTube - 'Northern Exposure' - Northern Lights[/ame]

Sometimes it just brings out the child-like fascination and wonder hidden in all of us. It's not just a show, it's a state of mind!

Ummmm, I'm reading the Amazon reviews and folk are saying that the original music of the show is NOT included?? WHAT!?
    Wow that sux! I don't know why they would take that out from the complete set. The individual season DVDs definitely has the original music.

Traveler Philzilla is on a distinguished road Philzilla's Avatar

Wow that sux! I don't know why they would take that out from the complete set. The individual season DVDs definitely has the original music.
    The individual seasons do not have the original music, which really sux.

Quote Originally Posted by Philzilla View Post
    The individual seasons do not have the original music, which really sux.
    Hmm I don't notice any difference with the original version on my DVDs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast