+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dollar Baby film festival - Barker Street Cinema

Maerlyn's Imp amd013 has a brilliant future amd013 has a brilliant future amd013 has a brilliant future amd013 has a brilliant future amd013 has a brilliant future amd013 has a brilliant future amd013 has a brilliant future amd013 has a brilliant future amd013 has a brilliant future amd013 has a brilliant future amd013 has a brilliant future amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Dollar Baby film festival - Barker Street Cinema

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, please merge if so.

Just saw this article that thought people would be interested in:

https://barkerstreetcinema.ca/dollar-baby-film-festival

Here is direct link to the schedule:

https://barkerstreetcinema.ca/dollar-baby-film-festival

here are links for the stream:

https://vimeo.com/534281778
    http://bit.ly/BarkerStreetCinemaYoutubechannel
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Blockade Billy Lettered edition

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Lots of information here: Unreleased Stephen King Films to Be Screened Online for Free During Spring Festival

Steve retweeted the above article, so it's on the radar of a lot of people now!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Y u no tell us, Bev?
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Maerlyn's Imp amd013 has a brilliant future amd013 has a brilliant future amd013 has a brilliant future amd013 has a brilliant future amd013 has a brilliant future amd013 has a brilliant future amd013 has a brilliant future amd013 has a brilliant future amd013 has a brilliant future amd013 has a brilliant future amd013 has a brilliant future amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

does anyone know if these will be available for viewing after the festival? Will probably be busy most of the weekend so will miss much of it.
    Wanted:

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I'll check with James.

James responds: "Alas, they will not be available after the initial screenings. It was part of the proposal that we do it like a regular film fest - scheduled showings only."

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for checking Bev!
    Wanted:

My interview slot is at 4pm west coast (6 pm Central) on Saturday.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

After a day to digest the awesome weekend of Dollar Babies, I can say that it go down in my mind as a very memorable weekend. Even though I watched from home, and had to pause when the kids were up during the first couple of films each day, and it kept me up past midnight both Fri and Sat night, it was still pretty worth it. I think the hosts did more than just introduce each film and director or interviewee, they hosted as much as they could as if they were in front of a live audience.

I can't say I was a fan of every film, but there were some incredible versions of King's word put on "film" here. Even the ones that I didn't think were great, you can still give credit to the people who were part of the film as putting effort into a story that no one else has.

It did one thing very well though, light a fire under my ass to get out Night Shift, Everything's Eventual, and all the other short story collections and reread them all.

I feel pretty damn luck to have been able to see all those films that by default won't be viewed by many. The internet did something right this past weekend!
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

It was fun to see not only the films but to hear the filmmakers discussing them. And the haikus were a hilarious impromptu addition -- I even got one about me!

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

couldn't watch most of it live, but tried to capture the streams, but ran into technical difficulties on many. Especially the first half of Saturday. So sorry, I missed your interview Bev. (missed everything prior to the Doctor's Case)

Also missed the last 2 on Sunday due to buffering issues.

If you are able to post your interview I would be interested in seeing it. Hopefully it is not bound by the same restriction as the films in that regard.

I still haven't had the opportunity to see most of them, but did watch a few live on Friday.
    Wanted:

Barker Street will be posting the interviews on their YouTube channel when they get permission and then get them trimmed out of the main feed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Barker Street will be posting the interviews on their YouTube channel when they get permission and then get them trimmed out of the main feed.
    Here is my interview:

Eli CyberGhostface is a splendid one to behold CyberGhostface is a splendid one to behold CyberGhostface is a splendid one to behold CyberGhostface is a splendid one to behold CyberGhostface is a splendid one to behold CyberGhostface is a splendid one to behold CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw most of them. Overall it was pretty good. Everything's Eventual was a full-length feature film which was fun. I Am The Door Way had some great practical effects.

It would have been nice if there had been an option to watch the films whenever over the weekend period. Although fortunately with my time zone only the first night went really late and I was able to watch it in bed regardless.

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the fact that King allowed all those films to be shown on youtube at all was the nice part.

I've been waiting for years to see some of those.

Hopefully they'll get to do it again some time in the future. Everybody interacted nicely on the youtube chat while it was going on. So that was encouraging.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Eli CyberGhostface is a splendid one to behold CyberGhostface is a splendid one to behold CyberGhostface is a splendid one to behold CyberGhostface is a splendid one to behold CyberGhostface is a splendid one to behold CyberGhostface is a splendid one to behold CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not saying it wasn't, it's just unfortunate some people had to stay up until 4 am in their time zone to catch certain films.

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread