Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hodder reveals 'ambitious' reissue of Stephen King's backlist

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Default Hodder reveals 'ambitious' reissue of Stephen King's backlist

Hodder & Stoughton has unveiled an “ambitious” reissue plan for Stephen King’s entire backlist.

Beginning with six of King’s novels set to be released with new covers on 11th May 2021, further groups of titles will be relaunched in two to three batches a year, with a total of more than 70 books being revamped between spring 2021 and autumn 2024, culminating with the 50th anniversary of Carrie.

The books will be grouped into different categories including Chilling Classics, Epic Thrillers and Reading Group Suspense, helping readers to navigate their way through the extraordinary range and depth of his body of work, and discover which type of novel will most appeal to them.

“Each group will be unified by striking new author brand lettering, and distinguished by a distinct colour palette and title lettering,” Hodder said. The first six titles to be released in May are The Shining, Doctor Sleep, Cujo, Salem’s Lot, Christine and Firestarter. In September, Hodder will be launching some of King’s novellas, including Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption and The Body, many of which will be available in the UK for the first time as single editions.

Philippa Pride, Stephen King’s UK editor, said: “Stephen King is a true Classic in his own lifetime – the ultimate storyteller whose books are both timeless and time-capsules. With this dynamic and eye-catching new cover look, we want to wake up the reader – existing and new, from every generation – whether they saw 'IT' on the big screen or asked ‘did he really write The Shawshank Redemption?’ We aim to introduce them to the rich variety of his work from supernatural novels such as The Shining, to coming-of-age stories such as The Body, crime novels such as Mr Mercedes and fantasy such as the Dark Tower, to name but a few, and to remind them that there is a wonderful world of King out there.”

Alice Morley, brand director for Hodder & Stoughton, says: “Alongside the stunning new covers, this reissue programme will be underpinned by a multi-channel sales and marketing campaign, with bespoke strands and focus titles for different audiences, formats and market sectors. We truly believe that there is a King story for every reader, and we will continue to innovate our strategies in order to reach them.”

The first group of reissues will be followed in August by the hardback publication of a brand new standalone novel by King, Billy Summers, described by H&S as “a gripping thriller about a contract killer with one last payday to earn before he retires”.

This year also sees a number of screen adaptations, with "The Stand" TV miniseries starring Whoopi Goldberg and Alexander Skarsgard currently streaming online, and the Apple TV+ adaptation of Lisey’s Story expected in the summer, produced by J J Abrams, starring Julianne Moore and Clive Owen, and with a script written by King himself.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Doesn’t seem that long ago that they rereleased all of his books with ‘rainbow’ covers. Another cash grab.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

While it might sound weird, they sold out many of their previous rereleases. I like it when they do these kind of things. There are always new readers.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

They have to reprint them anyway to fill stock. Might as well add some new cover art.
    Your average reader isn't going to buy every cover that comes out, and if they do? Well that's a self inflicted wound we call collecting.
    Mark Twain

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    They have to reprint them anyway to fill stock. Might as well add some new cover art.
    Your average reader isn't going to buy every cover that comes out, and if they do? Well that's a self inflicted wound we call collecting.
    True that!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Counting down until Glenn Chadbourne offers remarques in all of them.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

When loitering in the King aisle of a bookstore, I often think, "what, there are still people out there without a copy of The Shining (or The Stand etc.)?" They do exist.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Pos points
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I shared the covers on Twitter :

CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

They couldn't even get a St Bernard for the Cujo picture?
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Along the Path of the Beam jonster monster has a spectacular aura about jonster monster has a spectacular aura about jonster monster's Avatar

Those are some pretty weak covers IMO. And those tag lines...."His bite is worse than his bark"

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the concept, but those covers feel low effort.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those look like knockoff covers that someone in Romania printed in their barn.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Those look like knockoff covers that someone in Romania printed in their barn.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yes, yes, and yes. Why so difficult? It's not like they had to write the books.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    They couldn't even get a St Bernard for the Cujo picture?
    my thoughts exactly. That cover art is horrific all right, you dont even have to read the book.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey!! Calm down, my man!! The dude feeds his family with his talents. Let him make a living. No one critiques your work on a daily and public basis. Would you hold up to the scrutiny? I happen to like his work and don't really appreciate your thoughtless comments. I'm sure you weren't really thinking when you posted.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Hey!! Calm down, my man!! The dude feeds his family with his talents. Let him make a living. No one critiques your work on a daily and public basis. Would you hold up to the scrutiny? I happen to like his work and don't really appreciate your thoughtless comments. I'm sure you weren't really thinking when you posted.
    Pull the stick out of your butt. It was a joke.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not very funny, IMHO Little aside's like these affect a man's ability to feed his family. Grow up and at least try to act like an adult.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Not very funny, IMHO Little aside's like these affect a man's ability to feed his family. Grow up and at least try to act like an adult.
    Thanks for the "adult" neg rep

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the "adult" neg rep

Very mature.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just to let you guys know that those suscribed to the thread see the messages, even if later deleted...
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread