Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Running Man adaptation from Edgar Wright

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Running Man adaptation from Edgar Wright

https://deadline.com/2021/02/edgar-w...ms-1234697279/
    Paramount Pictures is making a deal with Edgar Wright to develop to direct a new adaptation of The Running Man, the futuristic novel by Stephen King that the author first published under the pseudonym Richard Bachman. This won’t be a remake of the 1987 film that starred Arnold Schwarzenegger; the Baby Driver writer/director will co-write the story with Michael Bacall, and they will be much more faithful to King’s bestselling novel. Bacall will write the script.

Simon Kinberg and Audrey Chon will produce through his Genre Films banner, alongside Nira Park from Wright’s Complete Fiction banner. Kinberg brought the idea to Emma Watts, based on their long relationship, and then Kinberg courted Wright. While the filmmaker is very selective, the prospect of a new The Running Man is one that has intrigued him; to the point that when asked if he could remake any film, he would choose that one. This was back in 2017. Now it has become real.

This becomes a top priority pic for Paramount, and a novel, which King published as a paperback back in 1982, a dystopian thriller that still feels prescient in the current collision between pop culture and politics, this before social media ratcheted up the stakes.

Wright is coming off great reviews for The Sparks Brothers, the documentary he directed that premiered last month at the virtual Sundance Film Festival. He is repped by CAA, Independent Talent Group and Nelson Davis; King by Paradigm and Kinberg by CAA.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

and they will be much more faithful to King’s bestselling novel.
    Yes please.

Loved the book. Hated the movie.

Ending will likely have to be changed somehow though...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm down. I love pretty much all of Edgar Wright's work. Closer to the novel, with his brand of visual spectacle would be amazing.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Yes please.

Awww, the movie was okay popcorn fare and a little fun, it just wasn't a very good adaption of the source material.

I'll be looking forward to a more faithful adaption by this gentleman. Where was his directing "vision" so apparent? In "Baby Driver"? I didn't see that film as a particularly inspiring piece of work. Maybe something else he did?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hope they keep the ending.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Yes please.

I'll be looking forward to a more faithful adaption by this gentleman. Where was his directing "vision" so apparent? In "Baby Driver"? I didn't see that film as a particularly inspiring piece of work. Maybe something else he did?
    Spaced, and the Cornetto Trilogy.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Yes please.

Spaced, and the Cornetto Trilogy.
    I'll have to check those out. Are they featured in any of the streaming services do you know?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are on HBO Max.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I like this news very much. I've actually yet to read The Running Man, but am a huge fan of Wright's work and am always excited to hear directors want to do true-to-the-book adaptations.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.darkhorizons.com/running...or-2024-shoot/
    The Edgar Wright-directed remake of Stephen King’s “The Running Man” story is reportedly aiming to begin filming next year.

Penned in 1982 under the pseudonym Richard Bachman, the book was loosely adapted for the screen into the 1987 sci-fi film starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Michael Bacall will write the new take which is expected to be much more faithful to King’s original work. Producers on the project include Simon Kinberg, Nira Park and Audrey Chon.

Kinberg this week spoke with Slashfilm and explained where things stand:

“We are working on it actively. He [Wright] is actively working on the script with Michael Bacall. Our hope would be that it is a movie that, again, all fingers crossed and luck and everything else go our way, that Edgar could maybe direct next year.

What’s cool is that Edgar, completely separately, before myself and Paramount started down the journey of figuring out how to get the remake rights, which was complicated, he had tweeted, just on his own – and I follow him obviously on every possible platform – he had tweeted that if there was one movie he would remake ever, it was Running Man.”

The original work follows a man who participates in a deadly game show in which he’s declared an enemy of the state and is hunted by a ground of murderous hitmen.

Kinberg, who was a producer on the “X-Men” franchise and helmed the “Dark Phoenix” film, said he previously tried to get Wright to take on the “Gambit” movie but Wright declined as the character he wasn’t really familiar with and thought the job was “someone else’s dream gig”.

“The Running Man” will mark Wright’s first film since 2021’s “Last night in Soho” and 2017’s “Baby Driver”.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Please do it right.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I've got some friends that think the movie is great. I'm like guys... read the book. It would be sooo much better if they just followed that storyline instead of the 80s Arnie movie we got.

I'm really looking forward to this.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

+ Reply to Thread