Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who is your favourite? Who is closest to your heart from the ka-tet?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roland

45 34.88%
  • Eddie

32 24.81%
  • Jake

23 17.83%
  • Susannah

6 4.65%
  • Oy

23 17.83%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The big question now and forever: Who is your favourite from the Ka-Tet?

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Cry your pardon but I'm gonna BUMP this thread. We have so many friends here and I am interested in their feelings.

Roland would have understood.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Roland all the way, just cuz, but Laura sure stated my feelings pretty well.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I voted for Jake which should surprise nobody.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

I'm sorry, Letti. I cannot vote in your poll.
    I cant really choose one of the tet to be my favorite.
    They're a tet...one for all and all for one. I cant really separate them in my heart.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Roland

I fell in love with all the characters for different reasons, and at different times, but: Without Roland there would not have even been a ka-tet. He is the character to which all other characters are compared to in my eyes snce reading the DT. Simply put: The man is tha shit!

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

What the hey, I voted for Oy. Just a sucker for animals....

Besides, I think Oy had most of the lines that I remember from the series....

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

My first instinct was Eddie. He's fuckin' hilarious and a total goofball, but very strong when he needs to be.
    I feel he is the most human character as well, perfectly written.

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Letti, it's cruel not to have put Roland's first ka-tet. You should know by now that I always choose Cuthbert ^^

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stone, rose, unfound door View Post
    Letti, it's cruel not to have put Roland's first ka-tet. You should know by now that I always choose Cuthbert ^^
    While I know you are not alone and many people like his "first" ka-tet....the DT story is about Roland and his "second." So, sadly, Cuthbert shouldn't be in the poll.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would really love to see a similar poll, with Roland excluded (as dinh and generally someone who is way too specific to be compared with anyone)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Along the Path of the Beam Babymordred121 is on a distinguished road Babymordred121's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jack Mort. Definitely Jack Mort.
    "I serve only one masta: DAAKNESS" - Peter Boil, Swashbuckler

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I know it's about the second ka-tet, but I can't pick anyone nonetheless because, although the first ka-tet seemed 3 very different persons acting together, the second one is really a whole and can't be separated (that's my opinion) and Cuthbert was always my personal favourite And anyway, I don't really care coz I have to admit I really really really wanted Roland's ex-ka-tet to reappear at some point in the story like in the poem (my point is I like the first ka-tet best as individuals and that's it)

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have avoided this question long enough I suppose. It is hard for me to pick anyone of them as my favorite. I love them all. But I had to choose Susannah. There is no particular reason but she really earned alot of respect, if you ask me

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Susannah. Easy.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Susannah. Easy.
    you are my hero

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony_A is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I voted for Jake because when I first started reading the series, I was close to his age during his first/second deaths and when he emerges into the ka-tet.

As I finished the series, Roland started becoming my favorite, but after Jake's sacrifice and imploring that Roland continue his quest instead of
    Spoiler:
    saving his life
    cements him forever.

Roland would be second with a toss-up of Eddie, Susannah, and Oy.

Traveler SpanishDiablo is on a distinguished road

Isn't Pere Callahan considered a Ka-Tet member?

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

Jake, hands down.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishDiablo View Post
    Isn't Pere Callahan considered a Ka-Tet member?
    Yes, I'm not sure why he isn't in this poll.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I do know that he belonged to the ka-tet but for my the ka-tet became a "whole" when Oy joined and somehow my mind closed that circle at that moment. I can't say that Callahan didn't belong to them still when I think of the ka-tet only Roland, Jake, Eddie, Susannah and Oy came to my mind.
    We can add Callahan anyway.

Roland would have understood.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think Callahan is ka-tet; or maybe we should differ between "the closer ka-tet" and "the extended ka-tet"; I think it has been discussed elsewhere.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

If Callahan , were on the list ...today he would get my vote.

The answer is within

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    If Callahan , were on the list ...today he would get my vote.
    yes, and mine, too - but how fair would that really be, and how much caused by surprize and gratitude that someone remembered him?

My Mood
    In Love

I dont know, I feel like Callahan today.
    All used up, lost on a hidden highway,
    full of doubt, yet ready to take names and kick
    some serious ass. Its been a hard week here @ casa linda.

The answer is within

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast