Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Debris" on NBC

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default "Debris" on NBC

Hiya, so I've been seeing promo's for this new Sci-Fi show brought to us by the same guys who brought us "Fringe". From what I've seen it looks vey promising. I was wondering if anyone else here has targeted this show for at least a :Look See".

Promo's look like the show may be better than the title would suggest. Seems like people obtain abilities from coming in contact with space debris that has rained down all over the Western Hemisphere. Some amazing abilities, others not so much. Two agents are tasked with tracking down the various landing sites and dealig with the after effects. Very Fringe/X-Files reminicent, but that's about all I could discern from the video's. Of course, on the flip side, "Bad Guy Forces" are also after the space debris. It premieres, Monday, March 1st

So, should we be watching this show and discussing it or, is it another potential dud? Welcoming your thoughts people.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Funny, I just heard about this for the first time the other night when I saw a promo on TV. I'll probably give it a shot. It gave me Emergence vibes (which was cancelled). I'll probably check it out. I'm a sucker for any Sci-Fi that the networks try.

Still waiting for Manifest to come back!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just can't do network dramas anymore. The way NBC is ending their great sitcoms, I might not be able to do Network sitcoms anymore either.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I just can't do network dramas anymore. The way NBC is ending their great sitcoms, I might not be able to do Network sitcoms anymore either.
    I kinda know what you mean, but I'm a glutton for punishment!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't trust them. A cool new show comes on and they cancel it after a few episodes. They are still using an antiquated system to measure interest in a show. People don't watch TV the same way they used to even 10 years ago. That hot new show on your network might sit on someone's DVR before somebody actually sits down to watch it. People also don't want to wait a week for a new episode. It's all about the binge. They are more likely to hoard your hot new show.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I don't trust them. A cool new show comes on and they cancel it after a few episodes. They are still using an antiquated system to measure interest in a show. People don't watch TV the same way they used to even 10 years ago. That hot new show on your network might sit on someone's DVR before somebody actually sits down to watch it. People also don't want to wait a week for a new episode. It's all about the binge. They are more likely to hoard your hot new show.
    I hear ya, my man. I've been burned on quite a few shows, but the one that still really burns my buns was, Carnivale. And that was an HBO show!!! i still don't understand how a popular show gets cancelled on a fucking pay channel. I was one of the folks that fought and got us a season two, but HBO still said "DVD sales" didn't support the show despite the huge weekly following. WTF is that about? I just don't get it with these guys!!! I get that the cost for the show was high, but it had a substantial following, which they admitted wasn't the issue. But we were fucking paying for it!!! Crazy!!!

So, I know what you mean. The list goes on for good shows that just went away despite the following.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The more interesting the premise, the more I expect ordinary networks to butcher the execution (if this was on Netflix or HBO, I'd have more hope). Still, we have to give it a chance - things like Hannibal can happen.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Still hate that 68 Whiskey was cancelled. It was well received and got a 88% on Rotten Tomatoes. Shame to lose a great Ron Howard series.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Im also a sucker for punishment and will be giving it a try!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched the premiere and thought there was waaaaaaay too much happening. For a pilot episode, there were so many ideas and plot threads. And not in a good way. I'm not sure I even know who the main characters are or what the focus of the show will be. I'll keep watching, but don't know that I'll stick with it. Anyone else watch?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I watched the premiere and thought there was waaaaaaay too much happening. For a pilot episode, there were so many ideas and plot threads. And not in a good way. I'm not sure I even know who the main characters are or what the focus of the show will be. I'll keep watching, but don't know that I'll stick with it. Anyone else watch?
    I'm pretty much with you except its obvious to me that the main characters are going to be the two agents. I'm gonna need a few more episodes before I pass any real judgement.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Alien tech should be enough to carry a show. Let me get this straight: grief plays a role in the tech? I’m out.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Alien tech should be enough to carry a show. Let me get this straight: grief plays a role in the tech? I’m out.
    Me too!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm on the 5th episode; the premise is good, but yeah there's a lot going on and I'm having a hard time liking the lead characters.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    I'm on the 5th episode; the premise is good, but yeah there's a lot going on and I'm having a hard time liking the lead characters.
    Ditto. I gave up
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Well, it was cancelled so you are good. I actually like it.

+ Reply to Thread