Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Merlin1958

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Yankee Stadium blueprint looks great framed Bill; shit, now I may have to find myself one too! I think I'd frame mine in Yankee Blue though ......
    There actually is a matte of "Yankee" Blue in the frame, but you'd have to see it in person. Too much matte started to take away from the "Blue prints" so its kinda subtle and just gives it a little depth. I just can't thank you enough for this piece, George.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

So Bill, when are we planning the heist of Yankee Stadium?

(Seriously, though, that's a very cool collectible)

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, HBJ I love it. So, just to update. The bookcase arrived and was assembled (5 new shelves!!) and I started re-arranging the books and tagging signed and Artist/Remarqued editions for my kids. I managed to get all my Dark Tower books into one central bookcase, freeing up a lot of shelf space. I also shelved all the "Other Author' and odd sized books in the new case. That took up 3 shelves already. Next, I need to re-arrange the books in the cases according to publication date, sort out slipcases and of course continue to tag books as, Signed, Artist and Remarqued editions. Gonna need some help with the books in the "Dolso" cases, Virtually every one of those has either a signed or Remaqued copy or is a piece of "Dolso Case Art". Probably do this last.

After all that is done and covers are placed on any books without them. I can really start with the photo's to post here. Still a couple weeks away from that, but at least its a beginning!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice rebirth of the thread!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Man, I'm having a helluva time with site hosting!!! Okay, so I'm trying this "Bublup" host and we'll see if that works.

First I'm posting pics of the new case and config, going shelf by shelf. Starting with the new one that has oversized King books, Other authors and my Tolkien books. Then it goes to later publications and one whole shelf for the "Mr Mercedes" series. It'll make more sense in the end when all the pics are posted so bear with me. Later after shelves have been posted, folks can make requests for individual shots. Sound good? I'm just warming up here!!! LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hot Damn!!! Got it figured now!!! Be back later, Gametime!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

The pictures and collection are GREAT!! Look forward to more!!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Loving the shelf shots!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is my new "Dark Tower" Case. First pic shows shelves 1 & 2 and the second shows shelf 3 which, also contains some miscellaneous editions (S/L, Proofs, Etc)

This case contains early publications and books descend in roughly published date order.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Who's Mr. Penguin's little buddy?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is the last of it as it stands now. There are still some miscellaneous figure/item collectibles to be incorporated along with pictures to be hung and one more small bookcase with the more recent publications. While perusing these shelves you may notice "Red & Green Dots" on the book covers/slipcases. Red, indicates a signed copy and green a remarqued/artist edition. That's done predominantly for my children's benefit. Remember, the "Library" is not complete yet, but it is rolling along rather nicely. Then there is the second room which will house my Yankee and Star Wars memorabilia. One thing that will not be shown is the box which contains almost the full "Gunslinger Saga" issued by Marvel. There is also some really awesome art associated with this stuff that I'll get to later. So, without further ado.......

Christine:

Lord of the Rings Set U.S. 15th Edition w/custom display case:

Top shelf "Dolso Case Editions", "Pennywise Figure", "The Collector Cup" & "IT" S/L:

Top Shelf "Dolso Case Editions", Overlook Cup and "Needful Things Cup":

Top Shelf "Dolso Case Editions", Randall Flagg Figure, John Coffey Figure, TMSG (1 of twins), "IT" Snow globe" and "Halloween" Anniversary Snow globe, "Talisman/Black House" DMG Edition:

"Who's a Bum" is going into the other room eventually.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Third Book case. First shelf:

Second Shelf:

Third Shelf:

Fourth Shelf:

There is still one more smaller case with most recent editions, but it is not ready for show as yet.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice stuff Bill. Those red sticker ones are junk and it just so happens that I collect junk, just saying...
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Very nice stuff Bill. Those red sticker ones are junk and it just so happens that I collect junk, just saying...
    So do I!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Your collection of Dolso cases is extremely impressive. Thanks for sharing pictures.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Your collection of Dolso cases is extremely impressive. Thanks for sharing pictures.
    Hey, thanks my good man. yeah, Dick and I were thick as thieves with those cases!! LOL One cool thig about doing those cases is that I was able to get truly original, One of a kind, pieces of art in a few instances. After I get the whole set-up more settled and completed I'll photgraph individual collectibles so you can see for yourself. You may not like the pictures, but they are the only ones in existence!! Even got the artist in a few instances to agree to never do anything similar ever in the future. I'm not sure if that'll hold up completely, but they did promise. lol

Working with the artists for, The haven Fund raiser, the case art and other charitable projects was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. Was also kinda cool to get some insight in their process and the way they view thigs as opposed to regular folks. It was pretty fucking interesting and a little nerve racking as artists can be very quirky in some things. lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for letting us nose around your book cases. Some cool stuff!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    The Misery pig I believe, Steve.

Looking good, WB!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Looking good, WB!
    MISERY pig? Was that only with the lettered edition?
    I think I'm missing something...again.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Looking good, WB!
    Could have just purchased one I guess. Bill will have to answer that one.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking good, WB!
    Could have just purchased one I guess. Bill will have to answer that one.
    T-Dogz and I found where the original figures were purchased and purchased our own. Not fair that only the "Lettered Guys" got animals, right? LOL

BTW, that's "Porky the Pig" and "Pete the Penguin". They can also be see quite often cavorting with "TMSG" at one of those decadent and very wild parties they are wont to throw. Lord knows, who will end up attending. Last one had Lady Gaga, Justin Beiber and Bill Clinton ending up semi-dressed on a water bed in a room full of clowns, antique edged weapons, a tequila bar and Hookah Pipes!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"ELVIS" AND THE LAST GUY TO CALL HIM "FAT"!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Book and Custom Wooden Case for my U.K. 15th edition of "The Hobbit"

"Dolso Case Art Edition" for "Night Shift" w/original art by, Glenn Chadbourne and signed by, Stephen King (Rock Bottom Remainders Concert, El Rey Theater)

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

25th Anniversary, Signed Limited Edition of "IT" #623

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Custom Wooden Case & First Edition, Signed Copy of "Firestarter"

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast