3 12.50%
  • Deliverance

21 87.50%
  • Coming Home

7 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 1970s: Round 1 - Group 15 of 32

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Great Movie Tournament - 1970s: Round 1 - Group 15 of 32

During the first round of The Great Movie Tournament, please vote for up to six films you would like to move onto the next round. The top six films will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given film receives will determine its standing going forward.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

Piranha (1978)
    Directed by Joe Dante

Watch Trailer

Dirty Harry (1971)
    Directed by Don Siegel

Watch Trailer

Interiors (1978)
    Directed by Woody Allen

Watch Trailer

House (1977)
    Directed by Nobuhiko Ōbayashi

Watch Trailer

Star Wars (1977)
    Directed by George Lucas

Watch Trailer

Autumn Sonata (1978)
    Directed by Ingmar Bergman

Watch Trailer

Deliverance (1972)
    Directed by John Boorman

Watch Trailer

Coming Home (1978)
    Directed by Hal Ashby

Watch Trailer

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Dirty Harry. Star Wars. Deliverance.

I haven't seen Interiors by Allen yet, but I'm voting for it on good faith. Sounds like something I'd dig and its streaming on Prime.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone who likes bizarro/horror movies I highly encourage you to check out House. I'm not sure what I was expecting when I first put in the DVD--certainly not...THAT. The first 20 minutes or so I kept saying to myself "What the eff am I watching?" I thought I might have gotten the wrong DVD b/c it was progressing like some sort of weird teen girl field trip movie. But then---holy hell. It has to be seen to be believed. Truly one of the most whacked out movies I've ever seen. And now one of my all-time favorites.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Anyone who likes bizarro/horror movies I highly encourage you to check out House. I'm not sure what I was expecting when I first put in the DVD--certainly not...THAT. The first 20 minutes or so I kept saying to myself "What the eff am I watching?" I thought I might have gotten the wrong DVD b/c it was progressing like some sort of weird teen girl field trip movie. But then---holy hell. It has to be seen to be believed. Truly one of the most whacked out movies I've ever seen. And now one of my all-time favorites.
    Yeah, it's a wild one. Strange cast that works too.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it related in anyway to the movie of the same name in the 80's with George Wendt in it? (can't remember if he was a star or just a cameo)
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Is it related in anyway to the movie of the same name in the 80's with George Wendt in it? (can't remember if he was a star or just a cameo)
    If it's the same film I was thinking of (and from the poster shown I'm not so sure about that), it featured the guy who starred in "The Greatest American Hero" (or something like that) and "Bull" from the series "Night Court". If it's not, you may want to check that movie out. It was seriously weird and funny and not what it appeared to be at first glance. I apologize for the vague-ness, my memory is no where near what it used to be! lol It'll probably come to me two days from now at like 3am or something and wake me up shouting "Eureka"!!!!

Little strange what you remember when you're getting old. But here's a little random trivia for you. The theme song from that "Hero" show was the one that, George from adapted for his answering machine message. lol "Believe it or not, I'm walking on air. Who could it be? Believe it or not it's just me" La Tee Da. lol lol Funny I can recall that song, but not the name of the show!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    If it's the same film I was thinking of (and from the poster shown I'm not so sure about that), it featured the guy who starred in "The Greatest American Hero" (or something like that) and "Bull" from the series "Night Court". If it's not, you may want to check that movie out. It was seriously weird and funny and not what it appeared to be at first glance. I apologize for the vague-ness, my memory is no where near what it used to be! lol It'll probably come to me two days from now at like 3am or something and wake me up shouting "Eureka"!!!!
    OMG, no. A hundred times no. Just watch the trailer. George Wendt? Night Court? WATCH THE TRAILER.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I think they are thinking of House (1985) with Moll and Wendt but this has been amusing.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Piranha having more votes than Autumn Sonata is... unfortunate.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Piranha having more votes than Autumn Sonata is... unfortunate.
    And it being only one vote behind Coming Home, might be even more so.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys, my apologies for confusing the two versions of "House". I should have known right away from the poster included in the first post, but alas, I never peaked at it until it was way too late. lol So, Okay I'm an idiot, let's get all the well deserved quips out of your collective systems and move on to bigger and better things. lol lol

FWIW, the "House" version I've been referring to with, Wendt, Mull and The Greatest American Hero wasn't a GREAT movie, but it is worth a view never the less. It takes a few turns along the way to include outright horror and comedy and never takes itself too seriously, but if you have a bucket of popcorn, a coke and 2 hours to kill on a rainy afternoon, I can think of a lot of worse ways to spend the time. If nothing else it's a FUN Flick that you will likely not kick yourself for watching.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Piranha and Interiors tied for last place is pretty funky. Interiors is one of Woody Allen's best, probably.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following six titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. Deliverance (87.50%)
    2. Star Wars (87.50%)
    3. Dirty Harry (79.17%)
    4. Coming Home (29.17%)
    5. Piranha (29.17%)
    6. Interiors (25.00%)

And the following two titles have been eliminated:
    1. House (20.83%)
    2. Autumn Sonata (12.50%)

Country
    Country Flag

Who here thought Deliverance and Star Wars would tie for first place?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread