Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Billy Summers: New Stephen King novel (August 2021)

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

We finally have the better looking cover, ordered the Waterstone as always. Thanks.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's a taste thing, I guess, but I never like the UK covers. Plus, to me the US covers are the "official" ones, so there's that, too

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Three copies pre-ordered and counting. I wonder how much the Waterstones exclusive will actually differ from the normal UK 1st, as there's really no indication on the purchase pages, aside from the cover image with "Exclusive" slapped on the corner, which I'm hoping is a place holder.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Three copies pre-ordered and counting. I wonder how much the Waterstones exclusive will actually differ from the normal UK 1st, as there's really no indication on the purchase pages, aside from the cover image with "Exclusive" slapped on the corner, which I'm hoping is a place holder.
    different color end papers. (blue instead of orange)

NB Only the first printings of the normal trade will be orange. Makes it easy to spot a F/F!

(Expect the WH Smith edition to be a subtle shade of purple...)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's perfect, thanks for sharing that Simon

Can I ask where you found those details? I'm also wondering if they will do a modified dustjacket colour or coloured page ends as they have in the past for other exclusives.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Thanks for the Waterstones link! I ordered one copy, and bundled in a regular edition copy as well.

I wish WH Smith would ship to the US.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Thanks for the Waterstones link! I ordered one copy, and bundled in a regular edition copy as well.

I wish WH Smith would ship to the US.

HBJ
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That's perfect, thanks for sharing that Simon

Can I ask where you found those details? I'm also wondering if they will do a modified dustjacket colour or coloured page ends as they have in the past for other exclusives.
    I received an email from them. Here is the provided link: https://stephenkingbooks.co.uk/2021/...rsAnnouncement
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    We finally have the better looking cover, ordered the Waterstone as always. Thanks.
    Agreed! I'm usually a UK cover fan but this one is nice! Hopefully CD is able to incorporate the red into their slipcase. The past several books, Germany has actually had the best covers IMO. I'm curious to see what they do with this one.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not a fan of the UK cover. What is that on the end paper - bullets and ink pens? Not many King books are titled after characters. Carrie, Cujo, Lisey's Story. Maybe Christine, Rose Madder and Gerald's Game if you want to be generous. The assassination theme is a long standing one with King. All the JFK references and Dead Zone climax. Sounds interesting.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Is different endpapers really the only exclusive in this edition?
    I presume the orange is considered to be the true UK first?

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    different color end papers. (blue instead of orange)

NB Only the first printings of the normal trade will be orange. Makes it easy to spot a F/F!

(Expect the WH Smith edition to be a subtle shade of purple...)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Correct about the orange. So far I believe that is true about the exclusive.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Thanks. Not much of an exclusive!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Correct about the orange. So far I believe that is true about the exclusive.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sad WHSmith isn't doing an exclusive edition like they normally do.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sad WHSmith isn't doing an exclusive edition like they normally do.
    They aren't?! Damn!

Country
    Country Flag

Not that I've seen or heard of. I'd love to be wrong.

Country
    Country Flag

Not that I've seen or heard of. I'd love to be wrong.
    Hopefully they'll put out some info soon one way or the other.

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The usual WH Smith purple variant is now up for pre-order;

https://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/b...060119629.html

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by craigobau View Post

You love to see it. Shame they won't ship internationally - time to reach out to some lovely forum members in the UK!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by craigobau View Post

Sweet! Now....does anyone want to help a Yank out?!

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I’m happy to help any North American forum members who want to get the WHSmith variant.

Please DM me.

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Not a fan of the UK cover. What is that on the end paper - bullets and ink pens? Not many King books are titled after characters. Carrie, Cujo, Lisey's Story. Maybe Christine, Rose Madder and Gerald's Game if you want to be generous. The assassination theme is a long standing one with King. All the JFK references and Dead Zone climax. Sounds interesting.
    It sounds just like the storyline of Dexter. A killer that only kills bad people..........
    Looking for Pierce Brown Red Rising #557 from Subterranean Press

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The German Billy Summers
    09. August 2021

Country
    Country Flag

Germany keeps knocking it out of the park!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, they keep killing it!!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast