Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Movies!!!!

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Baseball Movies!!!!

In honor of the beginning of the new season, it's nearly time for my annual viewing of Bull Durham, which, IMO is about the best baseball flick ever made. I'll give a huge hat tip to Field of Dreams, Major League, and The Natural. So, which baseball movie is your favorite? Which characters are your favorite? Let's talk about baseball movies....
    It's stressful being an other. ~ Juliet

I believe there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. ~ Crash Davis

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I love all the ones you mentioned. If I had to choose one I would go with Field Of Dreams. There's just something I love about that movie. When I watch it I know it's the start of a new season.

I also love A League of Their Own. Hanks in that movie is just priceless. Also, Rosie O' Donell and Madonna impressed me as well.

I also have to mention The Sandlot. Growing up, I just loved that movie.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

OH!!

I have to add one more. Nobody ever talks about it, and I even forgot to mention it in my first post, just proving how underrated it really is.

Bang the Drum Slowly is a great movie (great book too). One of my favorite Al Pacino performances.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

"THE GREAT BAM-BI-NO."
    "Oh, the Great Bambino? I thought you said the great...bambi"
    "That wimpy dear??!?"

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

The Sandlot is AWESOME.

For-Ev-Ver.

I love all baseball movies - all those mentioned, plus The Pride of the Yankees, Ty Cobb, Babe, 61*... yay for baseball.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, as a Yanks fan, I could get my pinstripes revoked for forgetting Pride Of The Yankees.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

The sandlot was cool as hell. The "forever" sequence was a riot to me when I was a kid. I think the movie captures a lot of that "America's favorite pastime" sentiment. Perhaps a little romanticized, it still makes me wish I lived back then.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

bull durham.

crash's speech to annie is one of the all time best quotes ever.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Bull Durham
    A League of Their Own
    For Love of the Game
    Major League
    Field of Dreams

- Costner sure love shis baseball flicks
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

so it falls to me name "Eight Men Out" the story of the 1919 Chicago "Black Sox" who were accused of throwing the world series because they were in cahoots with gamblers. this is a phenomenal baseball film. also, the film "Long Gone" with william petersen and virginia madsen, is another excellent baseball film.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually read about Eight Men Out not long ago and it sounded worth a watch.

Don't think anyone has mentioned The Fan with Robert DeNiro and Blade.

For Kids movies I recall enjoying Little Big League and Rookie of the Year which were both well done, family baseball movies. As kids me and my friends just made fun of Angels in the Outfiend and would watch it numerous times to make fun of it, especially Glover's character of George Knox...this movie had Tony Danza! TONY DANZA!!!

LOL, what about some of the BAAAADDDDD baseball movies? Mr. Baseball? Mr. 3000?

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I also really loved the original Bad News Bears.
    It's stressful being an other. ~ Juliet

I believe there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. ~ Crash Davis

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleT View Post
    another good one

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What about Angels in the Outfield?

I know some of you did that angel-arm flapping thing after having seen that movie!

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Helllll no! I hate that movie. Sorry, Feev.

Rookie of the Year and it's ilk are also pretty bad, but Little Big League is fun because it's about the Twins and was filmed in the Metrodome.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What if it was Twins in the Outfield?

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    What if it was Twins in the Outfield?

Would they use the twins from those beer commercials? If so, then I would watch that movie.

(My old college roommate claimed that those beer commercial twins went to his high school in Illinois and that he knew them from when they were to young to be "hot." We told him he was full of shit.)

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleT View Post
    Agreed. I just saw the remake the other day. Pales in comparasion to the orginal. Thorton can't hold a candle to Matthau in that role. And Tatum O'Neal was a MUCH better Amanda.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lance is on a distinguished road Lance's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    The Scout. Horrible.

I liked Eight Men Out because it showed how Joe Jackson got majorly shafted.

Part of Cobb was filmed near my hometown. He came from Royston, Georgia which is two towns over from where I grew up. The city limits sign says "Birthplace of Ty Cobb"

I also loved Major League. Wesley Snipes kicked ass in that one. I remember watching it not long ago and listening to Pedro's voice. It was very familiar and then it came to me: He was the same guy who played President Palmer in 24.

But my all time favorite is Bull Durham. No contest. Susan Surandon was the very essence of the "hot older woman". And it brings you back to a time when Kevin Costner didn't suck.
    I'm Joe Collins, bitch. Recognize!

"I don't like pot. It dulls my hatred" - Darlene Conner

But my all time favorite is Bull Durham. No contest. Susan Surandon was the very essence of the "hot older woman". And it brings you back to a time when Kevin Costner didn't suck.[/QUOTE]

Kevin Costner is my dad.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    But my all time favorite is Bull Durham. No contest. Susan Surandon was the very essence of the "hot older woman". And it brings you back to a time when Kevin Costner didn't suck.
    Kevin Costner is my dad.[/QUOTE]

Well where the hell were you when he came up and said "Son, I'm going to star in a movie called The Postman. Here's the script. Tell me what you think"?

The script was outstanding.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    The script was outstanding.
    And you didn't hear "Newman"!! in the back of your head? The whole movie was like his wet dream.

That explains why some of the pages were a bit sticky

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    The Scout. Horrible.

I liked Eight Men Out because it showed how Joe Jackson got majorly shafted.

Part of Cobb was filmed near my hometown. He came from Royston, Georgia which is two towns over from where I grew up. The city limits sign says "Birthplace of Ty Cobb"

I also loved Major League. Wesley Snipes kicked ass in that one. I remember watching it not long ago and listening to Pedro's voice. It was very familiar and then it came to me: He was the same guy who played President Palmer in 24.

Yeah, Cerano was Dennis Haybsert.

Also, Susan Surandon = eck imo

LOL, the scout - talk about a movie that was Les Miserables.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast