Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Greatest 70s Film Tournament PREDICTIONS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Greatest 70s Film Tournament PREDICTIONS

DEADLINE: February 7th

ENTRY FORM: https://forms.gle/SxnARQAeFXjJMMmC7

For those who didn't participate in the 2010's prediction pool, it's pretty simple. You pick the 16 films you think will make the final 16 films. Then of those 16 films you pick the 8 films to make the final 8, and so on, until you pick the finals and Winner. There is a point system at the top of the Google Form link.

You also pick 10 Insurance films that will substitute in for any of your 16 films should they be eliminated in the Round of 32. Some people's insurance films carried through to the finals last time, so it's they're very important. More details on how they work as you fill out the Google Form

Depending on how much deliberation you choose to put into your lineup, this should take between 15-20 minutes. Just keep in mind you're not picking how YOU would vote for these films, but how the site as a whole will vote. Classics and more popular films might be smarter than that obscure French film from 1973 you love. You know the one.

Since the tournament will be wrapping up sometime around the end of March, I might be pretty busy with school so I can't guarantee I'll be able to update the scores/spreadsheet round to round, but I'll try.

Complete List of Nominated Films can be found in the first post of the Tournament Nomination Thread.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in!

How do you view entries? I only seem to get a new entry form
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

You'll get an email with your own picks. When the deadline hits I'll make a spreadsheet up so we can all look at each other's picks

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

GOT IT
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Bumping this so it didn't get buried

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine is done
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for bumping it - just did mine.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Going to give this another bump. I'll extend entries until the first round is over.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine are in but I suspect I'll do horribly...

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Going to give this another bump. I'll extend entries until the first round is over.
    We can do more than one entry, yes? I forgot that we hand another 16 rounds of votes - gotta totally revamp my thinking with movies I forgot about.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Sure. I'll just score your most recent entry.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sure. I'll just score your most recent entry.
    Thanks - I will get to it this weekend.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'll try to remember to get my picks in this weekend.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, exactly how many of us are in this thing anyway? Just curious is all.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    So, exactly how many of us are in this thing anyway? Just curious is all.
    For the last tournament there were 7. There's 8 so far this time.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

One last bump. Get yours in before Round 2 starts!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

One last bump. Get yours in before Round 2 starts!
    I redid mine - please take the second one. Thanks again for organizing this.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have no idea how to proceed and will therefore drop out. Sorry Matts I'm an old dog, not learning any new tricks!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I have no idea how to proceed and will therefore drop out. Sorry Matts I'm an old dog, not learning any new tricks!!! lol
    Didn't you already fill it out?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought I did, but I can't seem to locate a page that shows, standings or my entry. All I can seem to get to is a new entry. Tech-wise, I'm a lost cause, Matts!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought I did, but I can't seem to locate a page that shows, standings or my entry. All I can seem to get to is a new entry. Tech-wise, I'm a lost cause, Matts!!! lol
    None of that exists so you're not missing anything. I have to make a spreadsheet for scores and I'll post standings when we get there.

The picks you submitted should automatically be emailed to you. Might be in a junk folder. I do have them though so you're good.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mattrick, do you have an update for us yet?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

No update until we're down to 16 films, really.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay guys. I've started on the spreadsheet. I'm going to try to have it posted by the end of this weekend, but I've got some work to catch up on, and my wrestling PPV predictions league takes priorty..and Wrestlemania week next week is giving me a lot of work to do. I am also moving on Saturday. But I will have it up before the round of 32 begins in two weeks.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Triple Post Update Attack. I'll get the spreadsheet posted by tomorrow since we're at the point where predictions are officially taking effect. I'll strike out any films people have already lost. I'm pretty sure i've lost a few already, but I haven't been playing too close attention to the results.

A lot of us picked heavily from the same 20 films or so. Insurance picks, what films we picked to advance, and what films end up facing what films down the stretch is going to determine eveyrthing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast