Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HBO 30 COINS (Please use Spoiler Tags)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default HBO 30 COINS (Please use Spoiler Tags)

Well, no one seems to watching or writing about this show and I think they should. Stephen King, himself would and may already love this show. And any self-respecting fan of, King would dig it the most!!!

I won't go into much detail so as not to spoil the show and its mysteries, but the premise is that there is an ongoing battle between good and Evil (as always is the case). The shows plot centers around a conspiracy within the Catholic church which is centered on the 30 coins, Judas received for betraying, Jesus Christ.

There is a well crafted mystery running through the episodes along with creepy crawlies, possessions and supernatural items and events. You nameit so far and they've had it. The show appears every, Monday on HBOEast (and West I presume) Channel 501 on Directv and I'm sure can also be viewed on the HBO streaming service, HBOMAX.

It's an ongoing, episodic Horror/thriller whose only drawback (in my mind) is that it is presented entirely in Spanish with sub-titles. It's a Spanish show coming from, HBO Europe. It's currently up to episode IV, but the previous shows are available "On Demand. Horror fans, do yourself a favor and tune into this show and come here to discuss its provocative plotlines and mysteries!!!!

WHAT IF TRUE AND ORIGINAL EVIL WERE MANIFEST AND WALKING AMONG US? WHAT IF IT HAD A MISSION TO ACCOMPLISH?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. I've never heard of this show until now. Let me know your thoughts when you finish it and if you end up thinking it's worthwhile to invest in, Bill.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I've never heard of it either, but you have me intrigued. I'll have to check it out.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Interesting. I've never heard of this show until now. Let me know your thoughts when you finish it and if you end up thinking it's worthwhile to invest in, Bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I've never heard of it either, but you have me intrigued. I'll have to check it out.
    I'm telling you guys. This is worth it IMHO. And that's from just 4 episodes!!! The only drawback (to me) is the sub-titles which sometimes means a rewinf to read. Other than that the underlying mystery is tantalizing and potentially mind blowing. The weekly episodes are fairly juicy, some more than others of course and cool monsters from time to time. Episode V looks like it will top the rest from the trailer. I sinverely suggest you binge the first 4 episodes and get on the train!!! This is a fairly original horror story dealing with the church heavily, Biblic themes and shit crawling out of Hell and Lord knows where!!!

If you don't love it, I'll gladly take the ridicule for the rest of my time here!!! LOL Think a Horror version of The DaVinci code.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched the first two episodes. Very good. I'll keep watching.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What is this, a TV show I haven't heard of?

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I will have to check this out. I keep commenting to my wife that it's on every time I turn the TV on.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ep. 5 the mystery and mythology are coming to light. Not to mention some seriously strange and weird shit!!! This show is just awesome!! You gotta catch up only 3 episodes left in this season.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched the first episode last night. Holy moly, that was intense.

Looking forward to see how things develop since there's a lot to unpack already.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to see how things develop since there's a lot to unpack already.
    Told ya!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I watched the first episode last night too, we must have been on the same wavelength

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched the first episode last night too, we must have been on the same wavelength
    Was I right? Is this not a very cool Horror show or did I over sell it? Cause I'm just digging it the most, Baby!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Ha! Too funny. What'd you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Was I right? Is this not a very cool Horror show or did I over sell it? Cause I'm just digging it the most, Baby!! LOL
    No, I don't think you over-sold it. I enjoyed it a lot and am looking forward to see where it goes. That quick glimpse of the baby standing in the corner of the bedroom.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha! Too funny. What'd you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    No, I don't think you over-sold it. I enjoyed it a lot and am looking forward to see where it goes. That quick glimpse of the baby standing in the corner of the bedroom.
    Wait until you get to some of the later episodes and the whole conspiracy and mythology begins to take shape!!! Good stuff, IMHO!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I wasn't sure about it after the first episode but I was intrigued enough to continue. I really enjoyed the second episode, it was very creepy. And the third was good as well. Do we know how many episodes total there will be?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe this season will be eight.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I like short seasons like that--8, 10, 12 episodes. Enough to tell the story without any filler. Plus, not too many episodes for me to plow through if I end up not liking it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too, if they follow it up with the next season in a reasonable amount of time, not like "The Soprano's" did having year long off seasons.

I have to say that I really dig this show despite the sub-titles which, I normally don't care for at ALL. However, I'm a little worried that it isn't getting the attention I think it deserves. At least not here anyway. I just hope it doesn't go the way of "Carnivale" (another great show that got shelved before it's time) or "John, from Cincinnatti". I'm just loving the mystery and conspiracy elements along with the cool monsters. It's also very well done (IMHO) for a foriegn show. This is the first time I've ever seen anything from HBO Eurpoe, on HBO USA.

Trying to get the word out there.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Good to hear, I also like the shorter seasons. I hope there is a conclusion. I'd prefer a standalone series versus multiple seasons.

And Carnivale was excellent, I really miss that show and wish it had gotten a proper ending.

I do have 1 question about the show, I don't think it spoils anything but I'll put it in spoiler tags just in case.

Spoiler:
    Why is the mayor of the little village the one that kind of took on the investigation, versus a cop. It seems like the cops weren't even called initially. That's the only thing I thought was a little odd.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I do have 1 question about the show, I don't think it spoils anything but I'll put it in spoiler tags just in case.

Spoiler:
    Why is the mayor of the little village the one that kind of took on the investigation, versus a cop. It seems like the cops weren't even called initially. That's the only thing I thought was a little odd.
    Spoiler:
    IMO it's because the townspeople seem to almost be under a spell that only the Mayor and Vet are immune to. I'm not sure what episode you are watching, but there is an episode concerning the townspeople that fortified my theory.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

NEW EPISODE DROPS THIS EVENING!!!! BE THERE OR, BE SQUARE!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I watched the second episode the other night! Not as good as the first, but I'm still enjoying it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I watched the second episode the other night! Not as good as the first, but I'm still enjoying it.
    Funny, I had the exact opposite reaction.

I'm all caught up. Watched the most recent episode earlier. I'm really enjoying it and curious how they're going to tie it all up.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Funny, I had the exact opposite reaction.

I'm all caught up. Watched the most recent episode earlier. I'm really enjoying it and curious how they're going to tie it all up.
    Yeah, Ep 2 was a bit of a stumble, but I thought they got right back on track in Ep.3. I'm so glad you're enjoying it, Heather and Ricky. Not too often I'm able to make a suggestion to the group. I'm usually watching what others have suggested. lol

Now, if we could just get some more folks onboard..... I'm still irrationally worried we'll only get the one season and its obvious to me that this was intended to go on for a few seasons before they wrap it up. I wish I could find more background info on the showrunners, writers and director, but so far I've come up empty.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast