Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 1970s

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll second:

The Mechanic
    Force 10 from Navarone
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Which one of the two, Bill? Can only do one at a time.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Which one of the two, Bill? Can only do one at a time.
    Really?

Force 10 then

Has, "Kelly's Heroes" been nominated yet? Never mind found it
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

How about yet another great, great, great political thriller...from a pretty great novel by Frederick Forsyth.

Film: Day of the Jackal
    Director: Fred Zinnemann
    Year: 1973

Spoiler:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone remember The Mechanic...please. The final scene is priceless.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I second The Day of the Jackal

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

C'mon mae, we need an updated page 1

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    i'm afraid to second anything because I have a few more that I want to get nominated first.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    i'm afraid to second anything because I have a few more that I want to get nominated first.
    What are you waiting for, a few more nominations?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    What are you waiting for, a few more nominations?
    Yeah, I have a few more that really deserve consideration.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

So, you won't second a movie you believe to be worthy, simply because you want to get your films nominated?
    If so, not cool, particularly since we gave you a one time waiver, and I believe all 5 films you nominated were seconded.

My initial reaction is to be sure I don't second anything you nominate, but that too would be uncool.
    I'll second any nomination I believe worthy, no matter who the nominator is.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, was out, just got back!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So, you won't second a movie you believe to be worthy, simply because you want to get your films nominated?
    If so, not cool, particularly since we gave you a one time waiver, and I believe all 5 films you nominated were seconded.

My initial reaction is to be sure I don't second anything you nominate, but that too would be uncool.
    No, it's just that I have a couple that I think are better than a few I am willing to second, two of which are yours - so I will second The Eiger Sanction. I really wasn't trying to be selfish, as I really did appreciate the solid I was given earlier.

Country
    Country Flag

All up to date on Page 1.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

No, it's just that I have a couple that I think are better than a few I am willing to second, two of which are yours - so I will second The Eiger Sanction. I really wasn't trying to be selfish, as I really did appreciate the solid I was given earlier.
    Yada, yada, yada.

Can I second the Mechanic now? Apparently the film doesn't meet the Doc's standards!!!

Doc? You gotta admit you opened the door on the ball busting a little so take it like a man, not an Orangatan!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yada, yada, yada.

Can I second the Mechanic now? Apparently the film doesn't meet the Doc's standards!!!

Doc? You gotta admit you opened the door on the ball busting a little so take it like a man, not an Orangatan!!! lol
    Yup! I deserve it, and I will resist nominating Beneath the Planet of the Apes as my orangutan penance. And The Mechanic was the other movie I was eyeing to second, after The Eiger Sanction.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be happy to second "1776" as well when I can legally do so, Mae.

You know, with so many films already nominated and needing seconding you may want to consider shortening the interval for the sake of expediancy. Just a thought for you to consider. Be nice to wrap this up and get to the voting soon. FWIW
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

You know, with so many films already nominated and needing seconding you may want to consider shortening the interval for the sake of expediancy. Just a thought for you to consider. Be nice to wrap this up and get to the voting soon. FWIW
    I would not be opposed to that. Should we go half on the waiting periods for nominations and seconds? So, two for noms and one for seconds?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Second to last film on my 65 film list.

Midway
    Jack Smight

Watch Trailer
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I would not be opposed to that. Should we go half on the waiting periods for nominations and seconds? So, two for noms and one for seconds?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I second Picnic at Hanging Rock.

Country
    Country Flag

It was seconded at the start!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah! I had it in the seconded column of my sheet, but I didn't turn it green.

Let's do Two Mules for Sister Sara.

Country
    Country Flag

Also seconded Check out the list in the first post, it's up to date!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't think I had to because I've kept pretty good track on my list, but I guess not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast