Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 1970s

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There are more movies out there for sure, in all genres. Still on my list are movies from or starring:

Charlton Heston
    Clint Eastwood
    Charles Bronson
    George C. Scott
    Klaus Kinski
    Pam Grier
    Bruce Lee
    Jackie Chan
    Sammo Hung
    Alfred Hitchcock
    Walt Disney
    Akira Kurosawa

...not including more "nature attacks!" films and one movie that was arguably one of the most eagerly awaited films of all time by a certain fanbase

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have 13 films left on my list. Unless I think of a couple more. But there are certainly way more out there, for sure!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For the record, 41 spots remain.

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second The Duellists.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll second Murder On The Orient Express.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't believe I almost forgot this one. One of Robert Redford's best performances in the hands of one our best directors. I love wilderness films. Probably not very politically correct today.

Film: Jeremiah Johnson
    Director: Sydney Pollack
    Year: 1972

Spoiler:

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    When worms turn carnivorous and attack! I nominate Squirm (1976)

Watch trailer:
    Oh my God! I remember seeing this in the movie theater at a Saturday double feature. I was so terrified. Where did you ever dig this oldie up - pun intended.
    I second Squirm!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I feel like I need to watch more 70s films. I exhausted my list early on. Strange because I love tons of films from the 50s and 60s, and the 80s and up. But so far there's tons on this list that I have not seen, nor even heard of. If anyone wants to pitch me some films that you think I must watch before the competition, I'll try my best to see some of them.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second A Bay of Blood.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

OK, I will dip into the Criterion section a bit. I nominate
    “The American Friend” (1977) Wim Wenders

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    When worms turn carnivorous and attack! I nominate Squirm (1976)

Watch trailer:
    Oh my God! I remember seeing this in the movie theater at a Saturday double feature. I was so terrified. Where did you ever dig this oldie up - pun intended.
    I second Squirm!
    When I was a kid, and I was 8 years old in 1976, I lived for any movie with creepy bugs or giant insects or snakes or what have you. Even if the movie was crap (and Squirm was actually "pretty good schlock," to quote myself), I was all in. I've got more such films in my back pocket to nominate, but am trying to give more respectable genres their chance first. But if we run out of steam, just watch me nominate Sssssss.** An evil scientist turns a guy slowly but surely into a snake! Creeped the bejebus out of me as a 7 or 8 year old. Couldn't sleep well for weeks. I was sure the snake man was under my bed. To a kid, that's a GREAT movie, lol.

(**Note to Mae, this post is not a nomination for Sssssss.)

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

There are more movies out there for sure, in all genres. Still on my list are movies from or starring:

Charlton Heston
    Clint Eastwood
    Charles Bronson
    George C. Scott
    Klaus Kinski
    Pam Grier
    Bruce Lee
    Jackie Chan
    Sammo Hung
    Alfred Hitchcock
    Walt Disney
    Akira Kurosawa

...not including more "nature attacks!" films and one movie that was arguably one of the most eagerly awaited films of all time by a certain fanbase
    Well here's one from Hitchcock:

Family Plot - 1976
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Let's get sadistic....

Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom

I'll second Family Plot....

....and if anyone wants to watch Squirm, MST3K did an episode of it

There's a hilarious short before Squirm about a guy that makes a wish about springs not existing.

Country
    Country Flag

Colossus: The Forbin Project (1970)
    Joseph Sargent

Watch trailer:

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Scarecrow
    Release Date: 1973
    Director: Jerry Schatzberg

Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I second Jeremiah Johnson. I loved that film.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I nominate Two Mules for Sister Sara
    Director: Don Siegel

Spoiler:

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I nominate Willard
    Director: Daniel Mann

Spoiler:

seconded
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I second Mirror

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My dad wouldn't forgive me if he knew I had a chance to submit a John Wayne movie and didn't. So:

The Cowboys
    Mark Rydell

Just wait until the 60s tournament.

Country
    Country Flag

Musical and singing founding fathers? No! Not Hamilton. 1776. (1972)

Watch trailer:

Nominate Interiors

Country
    Country Flag

I second Two Mules for Sister Sara.

Country
    Country Flag

I’ll second Interiors. I’ll nominate

The Candidate (1972)
    Michael Ritchie

Watch trailer:

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I nominate The Eiger Sanction
    Director: Clint Eastwood

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast