Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The greatest heist movie ever made

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The greatest heist movie ever made

The greatest mob movie thread sparked a lot of discussion, so I thought I would start a similar thread for another favorite genre of mine. The heist film.

With The Bank Job opening up tomorrow, I thought it's also timely to discuss some our favorite heist films.

To me, the greatest heist movie of all time is Dog Day Afternoon.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

From what I've seen, no order:

The Lookout
    The Score
    Heat
    Ocean's Eleven (remake)
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Reservoir Dogs
    Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Entrapment
    The Italian Job
    It's stressful being an other. ~ Juliet

I believe there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. ~ Crash Davis

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

A new one I enjoyed was The Insideman. Denzell, Clive, Foster.
    I really liked this one. It ( the heist ) was planned very well.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed The Inside Man as well. One of the more clever endings to a heist film that I've seen.

Interplay Fan HanzouNorak is on a distinguished road HanzouNorak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    To me, the greatest heist movie of all time is Dog Day Afternoon.
    i hear ya man.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Reservoir Dogs.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Interplay Fan HanzouNorak is on a distinguished road HanzouNorak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    Reservoir Dogs.
    that was a good one too

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Reservoir Dogs
    Heat
    Lock, Stock, & Two Smoking Barrels

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

The Score.

best for sure.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gunslinger Apprentice Lance is on a distinguished road Lance's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Reservoir Dogs
    Heat
    Lock, Stock, & Two Smoking Barrels
    And Snatch
    I'm Joe Collins, bitch. Recognize!

"I don't like pot. It dulls my hatred" - Darlene Conner

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Reservoir Dogs and Heat
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ikilledthecrimsonking is on a distinguished road Ikilledthecrimsonking's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

so reservoir dog
    MACAIN FOR PRESIDENT

DONT VOTE HILARY

(SHES THE ANTICHRIST)

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

i like Snatch too!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't get to see all of Snatch but liked what I seen which was about the last 2/3rds.

Would movies such as Entrapment and Thomas Crown Affair count? I enjoyed both of those. Rene Russo has nice boobies

My Mood
    Breezy

I can't believe you like Rene Russo. I like her acting but don't believe she is as beautiful as everyone else does.

Thomas Crown Affair should definitely count, though.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think she's beautiful in a lady, more mature way. There isn't anything overly extravagant about her. I wouldn't say she's in my top ten though. That is a very elite list for actresses to be on

My Mood
    Breezy

she was passable in Lethal Weapon. But never in my top ten either, no.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Swordfish
    The Italian Job
    Cradle 2 the Grave

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

One's that I loved were,
    Reservoir Dogs
    Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels
    Snatch
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I liked The Bank Job enough to place it in my top 10.

I have a man crush on Jason Statham.

If you like heist movies (you're reading this thread so you must) then you should check this one out. Very cool and slick.

My Mood
    Breezy

i will.

I like Statham as well, in fact, i was so dissapointed they didn't use him for Hitman. He woulda been perfect for it.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I really like Statham too, but I thought he was terrible in The One, which I saw again recently. It may have just been his character, like when Norton was forced to be the Italian Job because he owed Paramount another movie under his contract. He sucked in that, but it wasn't really his fault.

My Mood
    Breezy

i actually liked him in The Italian Job.

do you know when the Brazilian Job comes out?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast