Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Book List

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

1. Whispers in the Mist - Darcy Coates
    2. Cujo - Stephen King
    3. Silence in the Shadows - Darcy Coates
    4. Bone White - Ronald Malfi
    5. Catherine House - Elisabeth Thomas
    6. The Snow - Flint Maxwell
    7. Underneath - Robbie Dorman
    8. Waiting Out Winter - Kelli Owen
    9. Autumn Bleeds Into Winter - Jeff Strand
    10. The Eleventh Floor - Shani Struthers
    11. The Lighthouse - Amy Cross
    12. Four Past Midnight - Stephen King
    13. Ghost Camera - Darcy Coates
    14. The Tale of Halcyon Crane - Wendy Webb
    15. Little One - Timothy Huguenin
    16. Relics - Tim Lebbon
    17. The Ghost of Old Coal House - Amy Cross
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are you still doing your winter reads, Heather? Any new favorites to recommend?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Are you still doing your winter reads, Heather? Any new favorites to recommend?
    I absolutely loved The Ghost of Old Coal House. That's a good one to read at Christmastime as that's when it takes place. It's written in a similar style to an old English ghost story. Very atmospheric. I also really enjoyed Autumn Bleeds Into Winter, but that's not limited to winter. Bone White was also good. It's one that I think would make an excellent tv series. The other winter horrors I read were just meh and I wouldn't recommend them.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

01. Within These Walls - Ania Ahlborn
    02. 20th Century Ghosts - Joe Hill
    03. Falling Angel - William Hjortsberg
    04. The Gunslinger - Stephen King *
    05. Suffer The Children - John Saul
    06. Let The Right One In - John Ajvide Lindqvist
    07. The Last Human - Zack Jordan
    08. Wayward - Blake Crouch
    09. Later - Stephen King
    10. Horrorstör - Grady Hendrix
    11. Clowns vs Spiders - Jeff Strand
    12. God Machine - Greg F. Gifune

(* re-read)
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I absolutely loved The Ghost of Old Coal House. That's a good one to read at Christmastime as that's when it takes place. It's written in a similar style to an old English ghost story. Very atmospheric. I also really enjoyed Autumn Bleeds Into Winter, but that's not limited to winter. Bone White was also good. It's one that I think would make an excellent tv series. The other winter horrors I read were just meh and I wouldn't recommend them.
    I looked up all three of those and they sound good! I added them to my list. Maybe I'll get to them for next year.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I looked up all three of those and they sound good! I added them to my list. Maybe I'll get to them for next year.
    I bought a couple more this year that I haven't gotten to yet. I might hold onto them for next winter. Problem is I'm dying to read both, so we'll see if I can wait

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

1. The Fireman - Joe Hill
    2. Pines - Blake Crouch
    3. Wayward - Blake Crouch
    4. The Five - Robert McCammon
    5. The Last Town - Blake Crouch
    6. Greenlights - Matthew McConaughey
    7. Let The Right One In - John Ajvide Lindqvist
    8. Carrie - Stephen King
    9. Later - Stephen King
    10. Dark Matters - Blake Crouch

Gotta say Later is amazing. One of his top 10’s to me.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

How did you like Dark Matter? And have you read Recursion yet? I highly recommend that one if you haven't read it yet. It's one of my favorites by him.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Just into Dark Matterand liking it a lot. I got it and Recursion for Xmas so it is on the read list for some point soon.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1. Midlisters by Patrick Kealan Burke
    2. The Body Will Follow by Rob E. Boley
    3. A Place for Sinners by Aaron Dries
    4. The Switch House by Tim Meyer
    5. 68 Kill by Bryan Smith
    6. Dark Hallows: 10 Halloween Haunts edited by Mark Parker
    7. The Reborn by Bryan Smith
    8. True Crime by Samantha Kolesnik
    9. Nevada-Tan by Leah Nanako Winkler
    10. The Shadow Year by Jeffrey Ford
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Tiamat's Wrath - James S. A. Corey
    2. Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card
    3. Speaker for the Dead - Orson Scott Card
    4. Xenocide - Orson Scott Card
    5. Children of the Mind - Orson Scott Card
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

How did you like Dark Matter? And have you read Recursion yet? I highly recommend that one if you haven't read it yet. It's one of my favorites by him.
    Dark Matter. WOW. Loved it, better than the Pines trilogy. I will end up reading most if not all of his stuff.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Dark Matter. WOW. Loved it, better than the Pines trilogy. I will end up reading most if not all of his stuff.
    I think Wayward Pines is still my favorite. Loved Dark Matter too but I enjoyed Recursion even more. I can't wait for a new book by him

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

2021 Book list

1. Fourth of July Creek - Smith Henderson
    2. The Dirty South - John Connolly
    3. The System - Ryan Gattis
    4. The Vapors - David Hill
    5. Bone Chaser - Weston Ochse
    6. The Thursday Murder Club - Richard Osman
    7. The Coyotes of Carthage - Steven Wright
    8. Ink - Jonathan Maberry
    9. The Kingdom - Jo Nesbo
    10. The Nightworkers - Brian Selfon
    11. Suburban Gothic - Brian Keene & Bryan Smith
    12. Later - Stephen King

Just replenished my TBR pile by ordering the following:

13. Smoke - Joe Ide
    14. The Killing Choice - Will Shindler
    15. The Minders - John Marrs
    16. The Station on the Path to Somewhere Better - Benjamin Wood
    17. Night hawking - Russ Thomas
    18. Never Far Away - Michael Koryta
    19. Every Vow You Break - Peter Swanson
    20. Dark Sky - CJ Box
    21. Let Her Lie - Bryan Reardon

And have The Best of Michael Marshall Smith on the way from Sub Press. Can’t wait!
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Legion - William Peter Blatty - 3
    2. BFG (audio) Rhoald Dahl/David Walliams - 5/5
    3. The Servants of Twilight(audio) Koontz/Angela Dahl 5/3
    4. Night Shift -SK-5+
    5. Prelude to Foundation - Isaac Asimov 4
    6. Salt to the Sea - Rita Sepatys -5
    7. All Quiet on the Western Front -Erich Remarque -5+
    Sloth Love Chunk

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

11. Later by Stephen King
    12. The Little Sleep by Paul Tremblay
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Past Year Links:

2021:
    1. The Lottery and Other Stories, by Shirley Jackson
    2. The Wolf's Hour, by Robert R. McCammon
    3. The War of the Worlds, by H G Wells
    4. Red Dragon, by Thomas Harris (*)
    5. The Blade Itself, by Joe Abercrombie
    6. Before They Are Hanged, by Joe Abercrombie
    7. Last Argument of Kings, by Joe Abercrombie (current)
    (*) denotes a reread.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

1. The Fireman - Joe Hill
    2. Pines - Blake Crouch
    3. Wayward - Blake Crouch
    4. The Five - Robert McCammon
    5. The Last Town - Blake Crouch
    6. Greenlights - Matthew McConaughey
    7. Let The Right One In - John Ajvide Lindqvist
    8. Carrie - Stephen King
    9. Later - Stephen King
    10. Dark Matters - Blake Crouch
    11. Freedom Of The Mask - Robert McCammon
    12. Cardinal Black - Robert McCammon

The Matthew Corbett series is beyond amazing. Maybe even surpasses Dark Tower IMO.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    11. Later by Stephen King
    12. The Little Sleep by Paul Tremblay
    How was The Shadow Year? I've had that on my to-read list for awhile now.

Country
    Country Flag

It was kind of like Boy’s Life by Robert McCammon in that it’s a lot of episodic vignettes with an overarching mystery. If you like one you’ll like the other. It wasn’t as good as I thought it would be but it was a decent read.

My Collection

Thanks, I loved Boy's Life. I'll have to bump it up my list.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

6. Ender's Shadow - Orson Scott Card
    Mark Twain

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

2021 Book list

1. Fourth of July Creek - Smith Henderson
    2. The Dirty South - John Connolly
    3. The System - Ryan Gattis
    4. The Vapors - David Hill
    5. Bone Chaser - Weston Ochse
    6. The Thursday Murder Club - Richard Osman
    7. The Coyotes of Carthage - Steven Wright
    8. Ink - Jonathan Maberry
    9. The Kingdom - Jo Nesbo
    10. The Nightworkers - Brian Selfon
    11. Suburban Gothic - Brian Keene & Bryan Smith
    12. Later - Stephen King
    13. The Minders - John Marrs
    14. A Station on the Path to Somewhere Better - Benjamin Wood
    15. Win - Harlan Coben

Just replenished my TBR pile by ordering the following:

Smoke - Joe Ide
    The Killing Choice - Will Shindler
    Night hawking - Russ Thomas
    Never Far Away - Michael Koryta
    Every Vow You Break - Peter Swanson
    Dark Sky - CJ Box
    Let Her Lie - Bryan Reardon
    The Best of Michael Marshall Smith
    The Only Good Indians - Stephen Graham Jones
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    The Last Shadow (linking the Ender books with the Shadow books, completing both series) is supposed to be out later this year.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    The Last Shadow (linking the Ender books with the Shadow books, completing both series) is supposed to be out later this year.

HBJ
    Thanks, I had not heard that. Looks like a 10/19 release date.
    That will give me plenty of time to read it before Leviathan Falls (the final Expanse novel) is published on 11/16.
    Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast