Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2020 College Bowl Mania! (and a note about trophies)

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well you don't have to worry about Trevor. After last night, I am not sure that is a good thing.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

No fear of Ohio State
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Guess I shouldn't have doubted the SEC bowl teams with losing records. That cost me a chance to win this thing today.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I picked Ole Miss from the beginning. Any team that can run up almost 600 yards on Alabama is legit. But then, an hour before kickoff, I switched it to Indiana. Got cold feet. Grrrr. But given my position and possible points remaining, it was the only smart play for me.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Guess I shouldn't have doubted the SEC bowl teams with losing records. That cost me a chance to win this thing today.
    Well, you're not alone. Man, my wife who hates CFB could have done a better job of picking this year!! That's the fun and interesting part of College sports, you never know how much or why a team will get cranked up for an opponent and go to town. Look at OSU, who would've thought? The playoff should be real interesting. Still, Alabama is definitely the cream of the crop every year.

This season was of course especially difficult to predict given the Covid situation. Games cancelled, coach's and players going down with the virus. Short season and long layoff's. It was weird & unpredictable for sure!!! My hat is off to the eventual winner here and in the game.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We agree that it was a challenging season - shortened, covid, etc. Looks like its a 2 horse race from here. The rest of us are bystanders. Good luck and hats off to the eventual winner!

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The final game has begun. Based on the picks, and my math, the eventual winner will be Divemaster. I'll wait until the end to make if official.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    No fear of Ohio State
    I am shocked you only put one point on the championship game. You let me sneak past you for second place. (Not that it matters.)

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to divemaster!!!!!!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats! ...and Roll Tide!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pleased to win, for sure! I do wish the DT field had been larger and so many games not cancelled, but you just have to roll with what you've got I guess. I do take pride in my overall ESPN rank of 96.4%. I'll take that!

No rush on the trophy. I'm sure it will look very nice sitting next to my pervious trophy for this contest.

Geaux Tigers 2021! (We may actually be good if 75% of our skill players don't quit the team mid-season again.)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Trophies for the 2019 and 2020 contests. I'll get addresses over PM in the coming days.

2019:

2020:

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!

I keep forgetting I won last year.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! Looking forward to my new trophy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2