24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Max Mad: Fury Road

11 45.83%
  • Inception

13 54.17%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 2010s: Final

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Inception - one of the most original films of all time.

It's really not all that original though. Follows a pretty typical heist formula just with dream stuff and cool special effects. And you'd be surprised how many concepts and visual ideas in Inception were done all the way back in 1943.

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

It's really not all that original though. Follows a pretty typical heist formula just with dream stuff and cool special effects. And you'd be surprised how many concepts and visual ideas in Inception were done all the way back in 1943.

1943? come on dude. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Thanks for posting that, haven't seen it in years.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

1943? come on dude. lol

You know what predates the rolling camera and characters fighting against tumbling architecture in a corridor in Inception? This film I just posted. There are also dreams within dreams and objects very similar to the token in Inception, not to mention it challenges what is real and what is a dream. That's not to say he didn't make something new with old ideas and filmmaking techniques, but I've seen plenty of more original films than Inception...many of which were knocked out early in this tournament.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1943? come on dude. lol

You know what predates the rolling camera and characters fighting against tumbling architecture in a corridor in Inception? This film I just posted. There are also dreams within dreams and objects very similar to the token in Inception, not to mention it challenges what is real and what is a dream. That's not to say he didn't make something new with old ideas and filmmaking techniques, but I've seen plenty of more original films than Inception...many of which were knocked out early in this tournament.
    WE see this is every movie. You mean to tell me you have not seen the action done before in Mad Max? SMH.. come on brother! lol Every see Fast and the Furious?????? OR any other car chase done since the inception of film? Inception is a better film than Mad MaX.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

1943? come on dude. lol

WE see this is every movie. You mean to tell me you have not seen the action done before in Mad Max? SMH.. come on brother! lol Every see Fast and the Furious?????? OR any other car chase done since the inception of film? Inception is a better film than Mad MaX.

Mad Mad is the greatest action film of all time. Inception ain't even in my top 100 for the decade. the fast and the furious movies are trash. I have not seen action like Mad Max in any other film, nor have I seen such intense action with such crazy stunt work with such beautiful photography, powerful story, brilliant music and sound design. And the production itself is on a whole other level...the costumes, the make up, the art direction, the fact they built each one of those vehicles which themselves are creative as hell. As an action movie. Mad Max destroyed Inception. As an arthouse, experimental avant-garde film, Mad Max destroyed Inception. From the perspective of all the crafts and arts that combine to make a film, Mad Max destroyed Inception.

Just look at these cars. You ain't going to find this kind of creativity and production design in a Fast and the Furious movie.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...road-explained

ahhhh FUCK YEAH!

Country
    Country Flag

1943? come on dude. lol

Mad Mad is the greatest action film of all time. Inception ain't even in my top 100 for the decade. the fast and the furious movies are trash. I have not seen action like Mad Max in any other film, nor have I seen such intense action with such crazy stunt work with such beautiful photography, powerful story, brilliant music and sound design. And the production itself is on a whole other level...the costumes, the make up, the art direction, the fact they built each one of those vehicles which themselves are creative as hell. As an action movie. Mad Max destroyed Inception. As an arthouse, experimental avant-garde film, Mad Max destroyed Inception. From the perspective of all the crafts and arts that combine to make a film, Mad Max destroyed Inception.

Just look at these cars. You ain't going to find this kind of creativity and production design in a Fast and the Furious movie.

ahhhh FUCK YEAH!
    meh
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Mad Max is a top 10 best action films of all time, mayyyyybe top 5. I'd need to iron out the list, but its up there.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Mad Max is a top 10 best action films of all time, mayyyyybe top 5. I'd need to iron out the list, but its up there.
    I do NOT take that away. That it is a good action flick... but the story is meh. When I think of action and brilliance of story? Matrix or T2 jump to mind WAY before this.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Insheeption > Inception

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

For me it's.

1. Mad Max: Fury Road
    2. Die Hard
    3. T2
    4. Aliens
    5. John Wick 2 or 3

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I went back and forth; back and forth over this vote. I think both movies are great and whichever wins is deserving. Inception is a brilliant, smart, thought-provoking and interesting film. Mad Max: Fury Road is a thrilling, fun, adrenaline rush, "hell yeah!" film. I saw both in the theater and own both DVDs, which I have watched a couple of times each. My vote came down to today--if asked TODAY, what DVD I'd rather pop into the player? Today, the answer is Mad Max: Fury Road. So that's what I voted.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I do NOT take that away. That it is a good action flick... but the story is meh. When I think of action and brilliance of story? Matrix or T2 jump to mind WAY before this.

The Matrix and T2 have great plots, sure. But they lack the raw emotion and humanity that makes the story of Mad Max such a moving experience. T2 and the Matrix might ponder what the human spirit is, but Mad Max shows us what the human spirit is, in it's most awful and it's most noble lights. The story of Mad Max, along with the sheer artistry on display, is why the film transcends the action genre for me and is the greatest action film of all time.

Country
    Country Flag

The Matrix and T2 have great plots, sure. But they lack the raw emotion and humanity that makes the story of Mad Max such a moving experience. T2 and the Matrix might ponder what the human spirit is, but Mad Max shows us what the human spirit is, in it's most awful and it's most noble lights.
    Disagree. Totally. But that’s the beauty of film, books, music and everything else in life. We don’t have to agree and can think for ourselves... Being able to form our own opinions on how something we experience is what makes us... human. Not a T800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

For me it's.

2. Die Hard
    3. T2
    4. Aliens
    5. John Wick 2 or 3
    Hey, hey, Die Hard is a Christmas movie. Let's not go mixing genres here!
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

1943? come on dude. lol

ahhhh FUCK YEAH!
    Not even in the top 100 of the decade? You just lost your credibility there with what I hope is just wasted hyperbole.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

For me it's.

2. Die Hard
    3. T2
    4. Aliens
    5. John Wick 2 or 3
    A good list, but I might bicker with the order a little. I'd also have to go back and watch a couple of my favorite John Woo films.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for this...I had not seen it. Very cool. I'll still stick with my Inception choice though.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Not even in the top 100 of the decade? You just lost your credibility there with what I hope is just wasted hyperbole.
    Movies from this decade I liked more than Inception:

Spoiler:
    A Ghost Story, Her, Leave No Trace, Moonlight, The Lighthouse, 1917, The Witch, Hereditary, The Babadook, Your Name, Whiplash, La La Land, Dunkirk, The Dark Knight Rises, The Hateful Eight, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Midnight in Paris, Midnight Special, Another Year, Spotlight, John Wick 1-3, Ex Machina, Mission Impossible 4-6, Drive, Young Adult, The Double, Enemy, Anomalisa, Uncle John, Birdman, Life of Pi, Parasite, Snowpiercer, Edge of Tomorrow, Roma, Blade Runner 2049, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Moonrise Kingdom, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Inside Llewyn Davis, Arrival, Silver Linings Playbook, Skyfall, Wolf of Wall Street, The Shape of Water, Take Shelter, The Social Network, Gone Girl, The Descendants, Hugo, Moneyball, Tree of Life, Philomena, Manchester By the Sea, Blue Jasmine, The Imitation Game, Room, Hell or High Water...I'm sure I could think of a lot more. Inception is only a 7/10 for me so there's a lot of movies I would rank above it.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Inception is an average action movie with a couple of decent special effects scenes that tries to make itself seem deeper than it actually is.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Inception has great homoerotic fan art though, wow!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Movies from this decade I liked more than Inception:

Spoiler:
    A Ghost Story, Her, Leave No Trace, Moonlight, The Lighthouse, 1917, The Witch, Hereditary, The Babadook, Your Name, Whiplash, La La Land, Dunkirk, The Dark Knight Rises, The Hateful Eight, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Midnight in Paris, Midnight Special, Another Year, Spotlight, John Wick 1-3, Ex Machina, Mission Impossible 4-6, Drive, Young Adult, The Double, Enemy, Anomalisa, Uncle John, Birdman, Life of Pi, Parasite, Snowpiercer, Edge of Tomorrow, Roma, Blade Runner 2049, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Moonrise Kingdom, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Inside Llewyn Davis, Arrival, Silver Linings Playbook, Skyfall, Wolf of Wall Street, The Shape of Water, Take Shelter, The Social Network, Gone Girl, The Descendants, Hugo, Moneyball, Tree of Life, Philomena, Manchester By the Sea, Blue Jasmine, The Imitation Game, Room, Hell or High Water...I'm sure I could think of a lot more. Inception is only a 7/10 for me so there's a lot of movies I would rank above it.
    I can't wait to see the next 40 on your list of top 100 better than Inception. Personally, I'd begin by losing: The Imitation Game, Hell or High Water, Hugo, Gone Girl, Skyfall, Wolf of Wallstreet, Moonrise Kingdom, Roma, Edge of Tomorrow, Life of Pi, Drive, at least two of the Mission Impossibles, the first John Wick, Midnight in Paris, Dunkirk, La La Land, and the Lighthouse. All good flicks, but not even close to Inception.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I voted for Inception. It's not my personal pick for top of the decade, but considering I couldn't even make it through Mad Max... That said I do think Inception is qualified to be near the top. It's got great visuals, story, and acting. Surprised it's getting so much hate here. I always thought it was loved by the members here.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I voted for Inception. It's not my personal pick for top of the decade, but considering I couldn't even make it through Mad Max... That said I do think Inception is qualified to be near the top. It's got great visuals, story, and acting. Surprised it's getting so much hate here. I always thought it was loved by the members here.
    im surprised by the hate too..
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    im surprised by the hate too..
    As am I, but it's kinda fun to see the passion for two great films.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast