Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Caretakers of John Hanic's Collection

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Caretakers of John Hanic's Collection

Hi, gang. With the recent news that John would be selling his collection; I thought it would be nice to honor him by posting photos of items that you've purchased. To show John that he is still a very valuable member of our community and he will not be forgotten. That we may be fortunate enough to care for his collection until it's time to pass it on ourselves.

John passed away on December 9, 2020. Please continue to honor him by posting your purchases from his collection here. Thank you.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good idea!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That is awesome.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Great idea! I don’t collect anymore but otherwise I would have tried my best to secure that Cell proof. And I would have been honored to show a pic of it here. Looking forward to seeing people’s new pride/joys!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a great idea, Brian. John H is an exceptionally nice guy and his collection deserves to be shown off.

Well done.

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Great idea. Can't wait to see some of these awesome books.
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, guys. I figured it be a nice gesture to showcase John's collection. I'm not sure many of us have seen it all.

Also, Glen suggested a small bio about John's collecting history be included. That's a great idea as well and John is agreeable to it. Once he's feeling a little better and gets it written up, I'll edit it into the first post and let everyone know.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a sweet idea, for sure. Hoping to be able to post here in the future when the other Betts postings go up.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess I get the honor of going 1st!

I am now the proud owner of John 's Unsigned copy of The Plant Part Three.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Way to start off the collecting. A Plant no less. Very impressive. Can't wait to see what else people post.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing, Rick! Starting out with a bang.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Wow. That's a heck of a start!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a great idea.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Full Dark No Stars Manuscript with King's agent "Ralph M. Vicinanza" and "RMV 005 RMV 005" on every page, in Ralph M. Vicinanza Ltd box. Not listed in the catalog! (Edit: It is now!)

Thank you John!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Cool

Very nice indeed.

Country
    Country Flag

Nice score, George!

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, George!

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Full Dark No Stars Manuscript with King's agent "Ralph M. Vicinanza" and "RMV 005 RMV 005" on every page, in Ralph M. Vicinanza Ltd box. Not listed in the catalog! (Edit: It is now!)

Thank you John!
    George...Do you mind sharing why you bought this item? For example, was this an item you'd be searching for for a while? Would be interested to hear the backstory behind some of these purchases and what it meant to finally land a long sought-after piece.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

George...Do you mind sharing why you bought this item? For example, was this an item you'd be searching for for a while? Would be interested to hear the backstory behind some of these purchases and what it meant to finally land a long sought-after piece.
    Back in 2014 I was the first to come across one of the FDNS Lettered/Gift proofs, then also managed to grab one of the ten Black Cover Internal Office proofs. I already had a White Tape Spine copy as well, so figured since I had the really difficult ones already out of the way why not try and collect a full set of FDNS proofs? That progressed pretty nicely until the Color and Black Tape Spine versions surfaced ... one copy of each known so far. Not impossible, and something to keep me busy looking for the next 50 years.

When I saw this manuscript I thought it would be a nice addition to the FDNS theme, and since it wasn't listed in the catalog I also thought it would be nice to reveal it to the community. This was actually the item I was talking with John about a few months back when he first announced he'd be parting with his collection but well before he decided it would be easier and better to go through David. That's why I prepped and was completely ready when David posted the first grouping, in case it was there ... and it was! It was my #1 item from John's collection, so I was pretty happy to finally be able to add it to my collection.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brilliant idea...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you John!

I have a similar document, but without the original envelope.

Mine is for an earlier book and says another number. I am not sure whether the number refers to the contact who got the document (it case it leaked?) or else.
    My version also says "2nd draft" at the top left corner of the pages.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Back in 2014 I was the first to come across one of the FDNS Lettered/Gift proofs, then also managed to grab one of the ten Black Cover Internal Office proofs. I already had a White Tape Spine copy as well, so figured since I had the really difficult ones already out of the way why not try and collect a full set of FDNS proofs? That progressed pretty nicely until the Color and Black Tape Spine versions surfaced ... one copy of each known so far. Not impossible, and something to keep me busy looking for the next 50 years.

When I saw this manuscript I thought it would be a nice addition to the FDNS theme, and since it wasn't listed in the catalog I also thought it would be nice to reveal it to the community. This was actually the item I was talking with John about a few months back when he first announced he'd be parting with his collection but well before he decided it would be easier and better to go through David. That's why I prepped and was completely ready when David posted the first grouping, in case it was there ... and it was! It was my #1 item from John's collection, so I was pretty happy to finally be able to add it to my collection.
    Exactly what I was looking for, George. Thanks for this great story.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I grabbed John's copy of Whispers from Betts as it was one I didn't have but I wasn't actively looking for either. I also went for that well priced UK Rage but wasn't as lucky. Thank you John! I will continue to take care of it.

Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Cool

Very nice Becca.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Very nice Becca.
    Yes! Thanks for sharing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast