Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Caretakers of John Hanic's Collection

Citizen of Gilead Cuppa is a jewel in the rough Cuppa is a jewel in the rough Cuppa is a jewel in the rough

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

Lucky to be looking after these...

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

With photobucket gone not sure how to share photos but to add to the list, I'm looking after John's Viking Gunslinger Proof and Cell Proof.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing, guys.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My addition from John:

Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks George and Brian. I hope people will like what I am paying off now. We need to keep this going. John deserves this.
    P.S I just scrolled up. Some nice stuff their everyone.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    With photobucket gone not sure how to share photos but to add to the list, I'm looking after John's Viking Gunslinger Proof and Cell Proof.
    How to: Add links, pics & videos

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    My addition from John:

Great grab, Mike!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you John and thank you David, these two arrived today.

Storm of the Century Manuscript Copy Sections 1 (First Draft March 30, 1997), 2 (First Draft April 10, 1997) and 3 (First Draft Apr 24, 1997). As King started writing SOTC in Dec 1996, I believe these to be actual first draft copies of his story versus something tied directly to the paperback & television movie two years later in 1999 (see that manuscript further down). Pretty interesting piece, I want to put it side by side with the 1999 version and compare the stories, see how much (if any) it changed. Anybody happen to know if King used these big old fasteners to hold his copies together? They certainly look like they've been on there a long time, aged and worn like the paper.

Storm of the Century Uncorrected Manuscript Copy of the 1999 Pocket Books Edition, White Paper with Black Tape Spine, Bound (already in the catalog) ....

... and it's accompanying Publisher's Letter, not already in the Catalog. I wonder if John even knew he had this, it was folded up inside.

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, impressive !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing, George!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Very nice George. I think I would like to try and get a manuscript myself at some point.

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great Storm of the Century collection, George! Happy to see it ended up with you!

My Mood
    Cool

Just bought 2 more that I think are rare. I don't know if they are highly "coveted" but I am glad to have them. I will let people know what they are when I have them in hand.

Citizen of Gilead Cuppa is a jewel in the rough Cuppa is a jewel in the rough Cuppa is a jewel in the rough

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

5 more UK proofs for my collection. RIP John.

📚 My Collection 📚

🔎 Please help me find UK Proofs 🇬🇧 - specifically Institute, Fairy Tale, Eyes of the Dragon, Different Seasons, The Gunslinger, plus any others 🤪

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing.

My Mood
    Cool

Very nice. Hopefully I will be getting mine in the not to distant future.
    Love that UK Stand.

Country
    Country Flag

UK 1st Edition:

The plain Jane version I reckon you call these:

My Mood
    Cool

Nice stuff Brian.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Nice stuff Brian.
    Thanks, Mike!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

If anybody here grabbed the Ghost Brothers of Darkland County Proof from John's collection, I'd like to add it to the catalog if you can send or post photos. It's listed on the master list but not shown in catalog. Thx --George
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Cool

I should be getting one proof on Thursday, then I just have to wait until David send out the other stuff. Of course I will post the items here when I get them.

My Mood
    Cool

I received all of my items. The first is The Regulators in the comb binding with the name on the cover (only 12 of them made). The second it Desperation in two volumes. They are 2nd state and don't have any writing at all on the covers. Only 12 of these as well.
    And the last item I got was the black proof of FDNS from CD I think also called a gallery proof. There were only 10 of these made. I feel grateful to add these to my John H collection.
    P.S The 2nd state Desperation is listed here but not on that King proof site.

My Mood
    Cool

Here is one item proof of Full Dark No Stars.

The Regulators and possibly Desperation will take a bit longer because at least The Regulators has Drawings and other items so people just need to
    let me know if they want all that stuff as well.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing, Mike. That proof looks brand new!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I received all of my items. The first is The Regulators in the comb binding with the name on the cover (only 12 of them made). The second it Desperation in two volumes. They are 2nd state and don't have any writing at all on the covers. Only 12 of these as well.
    And the last item I got was the black proof of FDNS from CD I think also called a gallery proof. There were only 10 of these made. I feel grateful to add these to my John H collection.
    P.S The 2nd state Desperation is listed here but not on that King proof site.
    Congrats on the haul Mike, good stuff. John's master list shows the following for Desperation, the first two are yours:

Desperation manuscript two volumes comb binding printed cover and spine(12 copies?)
    Desperation manuscript two volumes comb binding white cover and blank spine(12 copies?)
    Desperation first state (“Steven”)
    Desperation second state (“Stephen”)

Not sure what you mean by "but not on that King proof site.", as the 2nd state blank white covers is in the catalog. Some other proofs site?

Also, welcome to the FDNS Black Galley Proof Club

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast