Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Caretakers of John Hanic's Collection

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff everyone

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was very fortunate to land John's Wizard and Glass (Plume) proof (at left). My Plume proof set is nearly complete! Thank you, John! It's being well-cared for!

[IMG][/IMG]

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That is awesome. Congrats.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Impressive! Congrats!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post
    Was very fortunate to land John's Wizard and Glass (Plume) proof (at left). My Plume proof set is nearly complete! Thank you, John! It's being well-cared for!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Congrats, Colin and thanks for sharing!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Traveler thegwar is on a distinguished road

Hello All,

I managed to get the Art of Skeleton Crew to go nicely alongside my S/L edition, many thanks John for putting it up for sale.

Best Wishes

Tony

(Cannot seem to upload a photo as it wants a URL and not select from folder).

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegwar View Post
    Hello All,

I managed to get the Art of Skeleton Crew to go nicely alongside my S/L edition, many thanks John for putting it up for sale.

Best Wishes

Tony

(Cannot seem to upload a photo as it wants a URL and not select from folder).
    Congrats! Thanks for sharing!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

I am so happy to have received this amazing book. This was the last one I needed to complete my first edition collection.

John, your books are in such amazing condition. Rest assured this one is already in a slipcase from Jeff (I've had the slipcase for a couple years in anticipation) and behind glass doors in a dark room. It will be well taken care of.

Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice grab! Thanks for sharing!

Country
    Country Flag

This is the one I'll be caring for:

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Love that Rose Madder!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    Love that Rose Madder!
    Thanks! Not the greatest story but it's a limited

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I have one (hopefully more) on the way.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I have one (hopefully more) on the way.
    I hope folks will continue to share John's collection pieces here as well. Especially now.

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For a while now I've been the custodian of the blue proof of IT from John's collection. He bought it many years ago from the daughter of an ex-employee of Viking.

I was able to "reunite" it with the printer's galleys that were used to make it:

The blue proof took quite a journey: forum member darkseer drove 45 minutes to pick it up from John's wife, and 45 minutes back. He mailed it the next day perfectly packaged to my forwarding address in Los Angeles (thanks again Mike!). From there it traveled in three days time to Belgium.

When I got it I emailed John to say that it had arrived safely. He did not reply for 2 weeks, which was very uncommon. Turns out at his nursery home they had moved him to a different room without any warning, to a room that had no WiFi. That got fixed eventually. He enjoyed the photos I sent him, and even gave facebook another try to see my post about the blue proof in the Rare King group.

Thanks again, John.
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

My Mood
    Cool

That's a great one for sure Vincent. Congrats on having IT.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing, Vinnie! That's awesome.

My Mood
    Cool

I just got another one. But I have to pay by payment plan so I am not sure when I will get it. Hopefully the first one will be shipping out soon.

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    For a while now I've been the custodian of the blue proof of IT from John's collection. He bought it many years ago from the daughter of an ex-employee of Viking.

I was able to "reunite" it with the printer's galleys that were used to make it:

The blue proof took quite a journey: forum member darkseer drove 45 minutes to pick it up from John's wife, and 45 minutes back. He mailed it the next day perfectly packaged to my forwarding address in Los Angeles (thanks again Mike!). From there it traveled in three days time to Belgium.

When I got it I emailed John to say that it had arrived safely. He did not reply for 2 weeks, which was very uncommon. Turns out at his nursery home they had moved him to a different room without any warning, to a room that had no WiFi. That got fixed eventually. He enjoyed the photos I sent him, and even gave facebook another try to see my post about the blue proof in the Rare King group.

Thanks again, John.
    Glad to help. I hope your research is going well.
    Must say, that It proof was awesome to see in person.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cool

My first one should be in my hands on Mon. The second one will take a bit longer.

My Mood
    Cool

Just received my first one. It's a Bazaar or Bad Dreams Proof. Pics maybe today. I have another one that I did on a payment plan that I won't have for a bit.
    Hopefully I can put a few pics of BOBD up today.

My Mood
    Cool

Here it is

One more for sure to come, but hopefully more after that.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Mike!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing, Mike.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast