Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: New novel: Gwendy's Final Task by Stephen King & Richard Chizmar (February 15, 2022)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    The tiresome political commentary of the book is unfortunate, but predictable. King is like the old guy in the neighborhood whose favorite activity is yelling at the kids to keep off his lawn and he can't stop even after the kids have moved away. My favorite part has to be the lecture on global warming coming from the guy who takes a private jet on his book tours. It's sad to see an author like King go out like this. Writing mediocre books and being a hypocrite. I still read his books but the enjoyment is gone.
    If the enjoyment is gone… don’t read them. Seems simple to me
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    The tiresome political commentary of the book is unfortunate, but predictable. King is like the old guy in the neighborhood whose favorite activity is yelling at the kids to keep off his lawn and he can't stop even after the kids have moved away. My favorite part has to be the lecture on global warming coming from the guy who takes a private jet on his book tours. It's sad to see an author like King go out like this. Writing mediocre books and being a hypocrite. I still read his books but the enjoyment is gone.
    It seems they're always attacking King (at one point he called King a coward because he signed a statement supporting trans people) and complaining about King's politics in his work because they differ from his. If I hated someone that much I would have stopped reading their books years ago.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    It seems they're always attacking King (at one point he called King a coward because he signed a statement supporting trans people) and complaining about King's politics in his work because they differ from his. If I hated someone that much I would have stopped reading their books years ago.
    Totally. Reading the hate like this over and over is tiring. Leave it if your is offended.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    ...complaining about King's politics in his work because they differ from his...
    ...or because King insists on beating the reader over the head with them? In Elevation (for example), you have to wait for the actual story to emerge from the mass of "here's what's wrong with all of you/here's where you should stand on the issues" (and I actually liked it).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have a copy with grey boards for sale?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm looking for a 1st UK trade edition if anyone can help me out.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    So am I.
    I've put out a few feelers but no luck so far.
    My Book Depository copy was a 3rd printing; I ordered it too late.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    So am I.
    The reason I didn't order from them is because I figure that would happen with me being late as well. I'm subscribed to the H&S newsletter and they never mentioned it. And forgot to check BD before hand.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

So am I.
    The reason I didn't order from them is because I figure that would happen with me being late as well. I'm subscribed to the H&S newsletter and they never mentioned it. And forgot to check BD before hand.
    If I do find someone who has 1sts I'll try to get two, one for me and one for you.
    I've tried Camelot and a bookstore owner I know in the UK so far and E-Bay and Abe with no luck.
    I still have one other person who hasn't replied yet in mind. I always order these in advance but this one slipped through my fingers.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Country
    Country Flag

So am I.
    If I do find someone who has 1sts I'll try to get two, one for me and one for you.
    I've tried Camelot and a bookstore owner I know in the UK so far and E-Bay and Abe with no luck.
    I still have one other person who hasn't replied yet in mind. I always order these in advance but this one slipped through my fingers.
    I really appreciate it, Steve. I've managed to secure a copy but I have a friend looking for you as well. I should know something later in the week.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I have one UK 1st hardcover.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

I am having no luck finding a UK 1st.
    The Abe Books sellers don't respond to my inquiries.
    I will soon give up.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I have one. Send me a PM.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would need to check but I think that i also have a UK 1st (probably the 3 books actually)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

I have one now, from Ari, with my thanks!
    I still need to read it though, I'm way behind on my reading.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If anyone else is looking for UK 1st editions, I may be able to help with the last 2 books of the trilogy.

Available for sale :
    - Gwendy's Button Box : CD version, 1st edition, signed by Richard Chizmar
    - Gwendy's Magic Feather : 1st UK edition
    - Gwendy's Final Task : 1st UK edition
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5