Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New novel: Gwendy's Final Task by Stephen King & Richard Chizmar (February 15, 2022)

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Maybe we will get the 2nd book limited version before the 3rd comes out
    Just like stephen king can write a book, have it edited, and printed, and released faster than CD can get a slipcase made.

ISO: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll read it but with low expectations and because it is short.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Is this volume co-written or is it Chizmar only?
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Is this volume co-written or is it Chizmar only?
    From what I gathered, it'll be co-written.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.cemeterydance.com/gwendys-final-task.html
    Gwendy's Final Task
    by Stephen King and Richard Chizmar
    A Cemetery Dance Publications Exclusive Trade Hardcover!

Gwendy's Final Task
    by Stephen King and Richard Chizmar

Featuring cover artwork by Ben Baldwin
    Interior artwork by Keith Minnion

Trade Hardcover World's 1st Edition From Cemetery Dance Publications!

About the Book:
    When Gwendy Peterson was twelve, a mysterious stranger named Richard Farris gave her a mysterious box for safekeeping. It offered treats and vintage coins, but it was dangerous. Pushing any of its seven colored buttons promised death and destruction.

Years later, the button box entered Gwendy’s life again. A successful novelist and a rising political star, she was once again forced to deal with the temptation that box represented.

Now, evil forces seek to possess the button box and it is up to Senator Gwendy Peterson to keep it from them. At all costs. But where can you hide something from such powerful entities?

In Gwendy’s Final Task, “horror giants” (Publishers Weekly) Stephen King and Richard Chizmar take us on a journey from Castle Rock to another famous cursed Maine city to the MF-1 space station, where Gwendy must execute a secret mission to save the world. And, maybe, all worlds.

Published as a trade hardcover edition:
    • Printed on acid-free paper
    • Bound in cloth with colored head and tail bands
    • Featuring hot foil stamping on the front boards and spine
    • Wrapped in a full-color dust jacket
    • Retail price $28

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Ordered, thank you
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Me also.
    Another book to add to the list of the ones I've forgotten I ordered.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a list so I don't forget on my phone. It is at 30 atm.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301290608.html
    Cemetery Dance Publications is pleased to announce that Gwendy Peterson, heroine of the New York Times bestselling Gwendy's Button Box and Gwendy's Magic Feather, will be returning to bookstores everywhere on Feb. 15, 2022, in Gwendy's Final Task, an original novel by "horror giants" (Publishers Weekly) Stephen King and Richard Chizmar that will take readers on a spellbinding journey from Castle Rock to another famous cursed Maine town to the MF-1 space station, where Gwendy must execute a secret mission to save the world. And, maybe, all worlds.

"Several years ago, when I was roadblocked on a story called Gwendy's Button Box, Richard Chizmar rode to the rescue and finished it," Stephen King said. "The little book that resulted was fun for us and fun for readers, so I was happy when Rich decided to write a sequel, called Gwendy's Magic Feather. It was great to see Gwendy all grown up and succeeding not only in politics but as a writer. We both felt her story needed a third act — if, that was, the act was a good one. We think Gwendy's Final Task is a great conclusion to her story, and hope readers will agree."

Richard Chizmar said, "Spending time with Gwendy Peterson is always a joy, and the writing of Gwendy's Final Task was a real pleasure from start to finish. Steve and I followed her to some unexpected places and had a heckuva lot of fun doing it."

And editor Ed Schlesinger said, "Gwendy's Final Task is an astonishing collaboration, the epic finale of an unforgettable tale that has truly taken on a life of its own — Constant Readers should expect the unexpected in every suspense-filled moment spent with Gwendy Peterson."

Gwendy's Final Task will be published in hardcover and eBook formats by Cemetery Dance Publications on Feb. 15, 2022. Simon & Schuster Audio will publish the audiobook on that same day, with Gallery Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster, publishing a trade paperback and its own eBook edition later in the spring.

This is already shaping up to be a busy year for Stephen King and Richard Chizmar. In addition to completing their work on the Gwendy Peterson trilogy, Scribner will publish Billy Summers by Stephen King, a novel about a killer-for-hire, on Aug. 3, 2021, and Gallery Books will publish Chasing the Boogeyman by Richard Chizmar, a story of small-town evil that combines the storytelling power of Stephen King with the true-crime suspense of Michelle McNamara, on Aug. 17, 2021.

Country
    Country Flag

Will Gwendy meet Roland?

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Is Gwendy Roland's daughter?
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is setting up kings next DT release next year. FYI
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice you ever seen a ghost? is on a distinguished road

what do you mean by that?

also, i do wonder if there really is a DT connection? i have my proof of Final Task but i haven't it yet because i haven't read the second book yet!) i plan on it, but things have been absurdly busy!

John F. Kennedy The Great Buchinsky will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    This is setting up kings next DT release next year. FYI
    Are you just speculating or have you actually heard King is working on something Dark Tower?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished the book and enjoyed it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nobody will care but it really does bother me that in the book, chapter 43, there are 3 expressions written in french.
    They dont really bring anything to the story, but two of them are not correct.
    Even a simple Google check would have spotted them

It's a shame, I would have had one of the ARC when Richard started posting pictures of them, I could have told them and the books may have been fixed before they were printed.

I wondered a couple of weeks ago if I should mention it to Richard or not, in order to fix it for the Gallery Books version, but I am not sure. It would probably create some frustration for nothing.

Oh well. I guess french readers will eventually read the translation and won't notice the mistake

But really : writers, whomever you are.
    If you want to put a few french expressions in your book.
    Ask some actually french people. And not either some french canadians, because well. There are some differences, just like US/UK I guess
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The same happened with Billy Summers and a Spanish expression/text. I reported it so they'd correct it before it was printed and didn't get an answer. The mistake remains there.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Another one that bugs me but is even less significant : i reckon that it's in "The bazaar of bad dreams", where is a note about the inspiration behind "That bus is another world" coming from parisian traffic, when he visited Paris and the wrong year is mentionned.
    It's irking to me because it's so obvious it's wrong lol
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I reported that one as well when I got the proofs. Uk replied immediately but USA didn't. I hear they corrected it in later editions.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TWO different boards for FINAL TASK

As for you completists, the best way to find the gray version is to order a copy from Amazon or pick one up at your local chain bookstore. Don’t forget to send in your confirmation to cdancepub@aol.com so you will be entered in the contest.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

So the green ones went to CD and the grey ones to the larger retailers?

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    So the green ones went to CD and the grey ones to the larger retailers?

HBJ
    That has not been independently confirmed.
    Not have the different printers been clarified.
    IMO, it's really much ado about nothing.

John F. Kennedy The Great Buchinsky will become famous soon enough

I generally order books from Amazon but got this one directly from CD. Should I expect it to arrive on Tuesday or ship then?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast