Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New novel: Gwendy's Final Task by Stephen King & Richard Chizmar (February 15, 2022)

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Some people have reported receiving their copies from CD already.

John F. Kennedy The Great Buchinsky will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Some people have reported receiving their copies from CD already.
    Thanks! Hopefully mine shows up today or tomorrow then.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rich confirmed in a video that they used two different printers and a follow up email confirms that CD orders will contain the green boards. Some retailers were selling the book as early as this past weekend and some retailers received the green board editions as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King and Richard Chizmar’s Gwendy saga comes to a satisfying conclusion: https://www.washingtonpost.com/books...ys-final-task/

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Got mine today from CD
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Rich confirmed in a video that they used two different printers and a follow up email confirms that CD orders will contain the green boards. Some retailers were selling the book as early as this past weekend and some retailers received the green board editions as well.
    Got gray from Amazon.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Got gray from Amazon.
    Got green from CD. I ordered a copy from Water Street but they are out so not sure if their restock will be 1st or not. I'll probably check B&N tomorrow.

Was your Amazon copy beat to hell and gone?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Nope, it was perfect and smooth!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Nope, it was perfect and smooth!
    Nice.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't see on Amazon for the book. Only the Trilogy package.
    It also looks like Costco (in my area) and my local Barnes & Noble aren't stocking it.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

They are having some distribution issues with Gwendy's Final Task. Ingram, the largest book distributor, does not have them yet and evil Amazon has a date of next week.
    Most Independent bookstores use Ingram, and my local Barnes & Nobel nor Books-a-Million has copies.

Country
    Country Flag

Gonna check my B&N tomorrow if anyone needs a copy. If they have them that is.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I went to B&N today and they didn't have any, so I ordered one.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    They are having some distribution issues with Gwendy's Final Task. Ingram, the largest book distributor, does not have them yet and evil Amazon has a date of next week.
    Most Independent bookstores use Ingram, and my local Barnes & Nobel nor Books-a-Million has copies.
    Gonna check my B&N tomorrow if anyone needs a copy. If they have them that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I went to B&N today and they didn't have any, so I ordered one.
    OUR Barnes & Noble knew of the release date however had none and suggested we might get quicker if ordered rather than just wait to arrive.
    SAMS Club had none. I watched staff load new releases yesterday. It was a painfully disappointing!

Our Mailman might wonder why we act so excited when he arrives to smiles however leaves to frowns.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

John F. Kennedy The Great Buchinsky will become famous soon enough

My CD shipping label was finally created but still hasn't shipped(ordered July 2021). Ended up buying the Kindle version while I wait. Liking the story so far!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's my review I sent to Rich. Not sure where it'll pop up, so figured I'd post here. No spoilers, just hidden to save scrolling space:

Spoiler:
    In Gwendy’s Final Task, the newest—and last (according to the authors’ afterward)—installment in the Gwendy series, reading about the latest adventures of Gwendy Peterson feels like revisiting an old friend. Readers have had the benefit of getting to know Gwendy over the course of three novels as she has grown from a child to an adult to an older woman, and it’s a testament to the series’ writing that her character feels consistent and manages to have added depth with each subsequent volume.

In Final Task, the now sixty-four-year-old Gwendy is once again tasked with protecting the button box first entrusted to her by the enigmatic (and seemingly ageless) Richard Farris when she was twelve. Although Gwendy is reluctant—and with good reason, since the box tempts its possessor with the great power to destroy—she faces the task with bravery, determination, and the desire to do what’s best for her world…and all worlds. After all, to quote another memorable King character, there are other worlds than these.

Whether in her childhood school days in Gwendy’s Button Box or political stardom in Gwendy’s Magic Feather, Gwendy’s story has always managed to reflect current events. The same is true here (despite just a few too many mentions of a certain former president) as Gwendy’s latest responsibility leads her to the M-F space station. It’s an interesting setting and allows Gwendy to be much more introspective than we’ve seen her before. There are some new characters this time around, as well as some returning ones who are fun to revisit, but it’s clearly Gwendy’s story, and co-authors Stephen King and Richard Chizmar smartly focus on her character development and arc. Along with King and Chizmar’s blended voices and crisp prose, the result is a propulsive, readable story that feels incredibly intimate and honest. A flashback in which a young Gwendy and her mother discuss their beliefs regarding heaven and the afterlife while looking up at the stars is one of the book’s best—honest, beautiful, and touching.

If readers glance at the book’s beautiful cover and surmise that Gwendy’s Final Task might feature a few Dark Tower Easter eggs, they’d be right. It’s genuinely fun to discover both the overt and subtle links to Stephen King’s magnum opus (no spoilers here) and they, along with references to the towns and histories of fictional Maine locales like Derry and Castle Rock feel organic rather than shoehorned into the story. If anything, it would have been welcome if Final Task had been even longer (it’s over 400 pages, but the print and line spacing are fairly large) in order to more fully develop those connections as well as the story’s particularly nasty villain.

Overall, Gwendy’s Final Task is great fun with a satisfying (and genuinely surprising) ending that rings true for the story and Gwendy’s character as a whole. But perhaps most of all, its message of love, positivity, and doing the right thing even when it’s hard is one that’s easy to rally behind, and just the kind of story we need right now.

—Ricky Ruszin, author of Showtime and writer for Collider.com
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

From B&N's tracking service:

Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery.

My aching back from shoveling my looooooong driveway this morning confirms this!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    From B&N's tracking service:

Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery.

My aching back from shoveling my looooooong driveway this morning confirms this!
    I feel your pain on the shoveling.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This post is nonsensical.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Was trying to link to the product page that Mae shows above.

It seems B&N gave my book to the UPS who handed it off to the USPS who delivered it today, Sunday.
    I theorize a conspiracy, and have duly notified Mel Gibson.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm about 40 mins. from CD and my BN only had four copies yesterday.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast