26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Joker

11 42.31%
  • The Cabin in the Woods

15 57.69%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 2010s: Round 5 - Group 15 of 16

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    If Cabin beats Joker I am not voting anymore. NO way in hell does it deserve to be ahead of this Oscar winning film!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I woulda gone for the pecs too low key
    As would I. Im straight but its Thor... you know what I mean?
    Wanna hold my hammer?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

If Cabin beats Joker I am not voting anymore. NO way in hell does it deserve to be ahead of this Oscar winning film!!!
    You can vote for Joker, or be one.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    ok I will keep voting but FOR THE RECORD. I am mad at every one of you that did not vote for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cabin, Cabin, Cabin, plus there is the bonus of a Hemsworth!

WOW, way to make me jealous as hell there, becca!
    I mean, wow, congrats becca, that's awesome!!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    ok I will keep voting but FOR THE RECORD. I am mad at every one of you that did not vote for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha. This was a few years ago but just as awesome looking back.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Does this work both ways? I mean, if I run into Amy Adams or Kate Beckinsale (or Christina Hendricks, or Catherine Bell, or Caroline Rhea, or Megyn Price, or...) at a convention, can I grapple them too?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And hey, science proves no one is 100% straight

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Haha. This was a few years ago but just as awesome looking back.
    I'm just going to leave this now before I turn this thread into the Chris Hemsworth is fine as hell thread. That WILL happen in a heartbeat if people don't stop me.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I was starting to wonder if I was the only person that really didn't like Joker that much.
    After watching it with a friend we looked at each other and wondered what all the hype was about. Not a bad film, but have no desire to see it again.

Cabin was very interesting in that once you know what is going on, you do a 180.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Cabin in the Woods was fine. But im frankly shocked it's in this position.

Definitely voted Joker.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Joker for me. I was underwhelmed by Cabin in the Woods, but then again I'm not a big fan of horror-comedies.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to say I'm surprised by this so far.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Voted Joker but I won't be upset at Cabin advancing.
    I voted Cabin in the Woods, but won't be upset at Joker advancing.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Grabbed Cabin on Prime and watched it last night... WHAT are you all smoking to think this is better than JOKER?!!!!?!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Joker, I also wasn't impressed with Cabin, but I've been wanting to give it another shot since I now know the type of film it is.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn. Fondle the poor man will ya? LOL
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Grabbed Cabin on Prime and watched it last night... WHAT are you all smoking to think this is better than JOKER?!!!!?!
    I know you love Joker, and I enjoyed it as well, but it's pretty darn derivative. There's just nothing there that we haven't seen before. Phoenix's performance is great, but it's not like it's better than Ledger's.

That being said, I voted for Joker, but it was really close. Cabin in the Woods did something that I hadn't seen before. That goes a long way with me.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I know you love Joker, and I enjoyed it as well, but it's pretty darn derivative. There's just nothing there that we haven't seen before. Phoenix's performance is great, but it's not like it's better than Ledger's.

That being said, I voted for Joker, but it was really close. Cabin in the Woods did something that I hadn't seen before. That goes a long way with me.
    It just wasn’t cinematic like Joker. I don’t know... liked Cabin.. but for me it was another horror flick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

It just wasn’t cinematic like Joker. I don’t know... liked Cabin.. but for me it was another horror flick.

Have you seen Taxi Driver, King of Comedy and Network? Elements of films from that time period are what Joker derives from and Phoenix's performance is admirable but still, Ledger has the top spot. Also, Joker does lag in some areas, I feel like the pacing could have been better.

Cabin was a game changer because the ad campaign did not give away the twist at all. The twist was great and the ending when the hand comes out to destroy everything is really the horror movie audience's response to the rules of the horror genre not being adhered to by leaving two of the supposed-to-be-dead people alive. It was a masterstroke.

Country
    Country Flag

Have you seen Taxi Driver, King of Comedy and Network? Elements of films from that time period are what Joker derives from and Phoenix's performance is admirable but still, Ledger has the top spot. Also, Joker does lag in some areas, I feel like the pacing could have been better.

Cabin was a game changer because the ad campaign did not give away the twist at all. The twist was great and the ending when the hand comes out to destroy everything is really the horror movie audience's response to the rules of the horror genre not being adhered to by leaving two of the supposed-to-be-dead people alive. It was a masterstroke.
    I have seen them. I would not be so quick to say that Leger was better...
    The Academy seemed to think they were both deserving of the award so it’s really up to personal preference.
    Th twist (if you can call it that) in Cabin was ok I guess but not mind blowing for me.. like the end of Split say. But like belleybuttons..... we all have opinions too as they say. Lol 😂
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Silly scenario but no need to be SO SERIOUS ( ), say Ledger's Joker and Phoenix's Joker went head to head in a fight, which one would be left standing?

Country
    Country Flag

Silly scenario but no need to be SO SERIOUS ( ), say Ledger's Joker and Phoenix's Joker went head to head in a fight, which one would be left standing?
    I don’t know BUT one amazing thing that we will get I hope is more time to find out what This new Joker can do. We lost leger
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

I don’t know BUT one amazing thing that we will get I hope is more time to find out what This new Joker can do. We lost leger
    Unfortunately, I think Jared Leto is coming back to be the Joker again in the Snyder Justice League cut. movie.

Country
    Country Flag

Unfortunately, I think Jared Leto is coming back to be the Joker again in the Snyder Justice League cut. movie.
    Seen that.. .he was ok... I think the gangster way he was protrayaed threw it fro me.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ledger's Joker, easily. He's already masterminding bank heists and bringing Gotham to its knees when we meet him in TDK. He's also very handy with knives...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast